rllmuk
Vemsie

Cyberpunk 2077 - "Jesus Christ, my legs!" - Delayed until 17th September

Interesting that CDPR are still saying that the game is first and foremost a XB1 / PS4 title and they have no plans for the PS5 or XSX.

21 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

But Mr. Gerbik I can hear some ask, if you care about shinies and performance that much why don't you simply buy the PC version? Because even if both next-gen consoles cost 500 quid a piece, getting both is still far cheaper than buying a fancy GPU to do this justice! (and I would need a new motherboard and CPU too on top of that)

@Mr. Gerbik confirmed looking for PC upgrade!  ;)

• Upvote 1

Makes sense they say that, does not mean it's true. I expect a Cyberpunk GotY version for PS5 and Xbox One Series X somewhere in 2023. Late enough for people to double dip without having lost interest in the game.

8 minutes ago, Pob said:

Interesting that CDPR are still saying that the game is first and foremost a XB1 / PS4 title and they have no plans for the PS5 or XSX.

So they can save the...SURPRISE (and pots of cash from MS and Sony) when they announce it obviously.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Pob said:

Shame it might be held back by last gen tech.

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 2

38 minutes ago, Pob said:

But if they did announce it for next-gen that could affect current gen sales.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Stavi said:

Perhaps this recent surge in people playing (and presumably buying) The Witcher 3 has given them enough money to extend its development? If thats the case then I see it as a positive - either giving them the chance to polish it properly or making it even better. Pure speculation, obviously.

It depends what you mean "polish" it. The game will have bugs on release, it is an open world game and an RPG at that. Plus, a huge complex RPG that allows for multiple gameplay paths. No RPG of this complexity can be released "polished" as we understand it in a Naughty Dog game or a Rockstar game (which in the latter case they still have bugs even though they are nowhere near as complex as Cyberpunk will be).

Skyrim was trash on release and it still needs an unofficial patch to correct hundreds of bugs. W3 worked fine in context of what it was trying to achieve and it quickly got patched. I personally had little issues. This delay will surely correct some things (and add new things) but it will still have bugs on release. It would be an insane and unprecedented achievement if an RPG of this complexity would be released in a pristine condition. 

• Downvote 2

1 minute ago, Talk Show Host said:

Skyrim was trash on release

On PC, for a Bethesda game, it was actually pretty good.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, yashiro said:

No, it wasn't. I remember hacking it just to use extra RAM. Pure trash, especially for a company with so much experience and resources. W3 was only the third game of CDPR and their first open world. 

Also if I remember correctly the delays in the end also involved adding content. I reckon this is the case here as well. No company would delay such an immense game just to polish bugs for five months. It would be financial suicide.

• Downvote 1
  • Empathy 1

4 hours ago, yashiro said:

On PS3 it was an absolute disaster. The game would run out of ram or something, reducing the framerate to a sideshow. They sorta fixed. Kind of. Eventually. 

On 17/01/2020 at 15:41, Stavi said:

Perhaps this recent surge in people playing (and presumably buying) The Witcher 3 has given them enough money to extend its development? If thats the case then I see it as a positive - either giving them the chance to polish it properly or making it even better. Pure speculation, obviously.

Don't think it's related to that. The game isn't polished enough for release currently, so much like Rockstar, they take the long view and decide to spend more time in the oven.

Getting it closer or over 90 on metacritic will help its commercial chances as only the absolute best games stand a chance of selling huge numbers these days.

The game was feature complete and playable from start to finish back in the summer of 2018, so they'll have spent over 2 years getting it just looking and running nicely, as opposed to fundamental game design. No wonder games take so fucking long to make these days, the polishing period alone is years now.

On 16/01/2020 at 18:34, Mr Do 71 said:

0F3E11BB-CDA9-4CEC-9B7C-E6E62DB93B92.thumb.jpg.524efd3889181599fcd083603153098b.jpg

Now delayed until 17th September 2020.

Series X launch date confirmed

• Upvote 1

It's an idiosyncratic Tim Rogers video. I loved it.

3 hours ago, Hitcher said:

Stopped after 15secs - anything interesting/new?

Man, he’s actually really, really brilliant - give it another try :)

2 hours ago, Stanley said:

Man, he’s actually really, really brilliant - give it another try :)

His meta review in a review in a review of Death Stranding was excruciating. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Garibaldi said:

His meta review in a review in a review of Death Stranding was excruciating. 

It was brilliant.

• Upvote 3

Is it common knowledge that if you buy it on the Xbox One you get a free upgrade on the Series X?

Not sure if the same with the Playstations.

• Upvote 3

41 minutes ago, Hitcher said:

It is for those of us read the Xbox Series X thread.

Whoops, must have missed it.

:facepalm:

• Upvote 1
  • Empathy 1

6 hours ago, womblingfree said:

So this is current gen but also a launch title for next gen??

No, not launch but when they have the next-gen version ready you'll get it for free.

On 25/02/2020 at 00:12, jonamok said:

CDPR: 

Everyone else:

It's 2020, we should be able to buy a game once and play it on any platform we want. With the same **save game**.