rllmuk
Vemsie

Cyberpunk 2077 - "Jesus Christ, my legs!" - Delayed until 17th September

It's strange reading that Lionhead retrospective the other day, where they basically said they got way too big way too soon. I hope CD Project know what they are doing...

• Upvote 4

It's an ambitious open-world game aiming to have lavish blockbuster production values and polish, you need an awful lot of people churning out content if that is your aim. If it wasn't being built in a fairly low cost country, I'd be more worried.

They should sub-contract to Mexico, even cheaper, if you read the recent story about KSP.

Even if it's half as good as the Witcher 3 is, it'll be a great game.  Plus it's a fucking sci-fi game being made by Witcher 3 devs.  This will be magical.. I mean, scientifical....?

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

I think it will have shooter mechanics as opposed to hack and slash like Witcher. But it will have all the rpg elements and character interactions of the Witcher re-spun for a sci-if setting. If they get the shooting and movement satisfying, it will be incredible.

I hope to god that they get the shooter and movement right. I have complete faith in their ability to build a great world, fill it with interesting characters and to then throw a load of quality storylines through it all but if the actual shooting is off it'll be really disappointing.

I'll still be there Day 1 though. I checked my Witcher 3 save file earlier (I've not finished it) and I've only played it for four solid days apparently :o

20 hours ago, mushashi said:

US rule of thumb standard would be ~$100K per dev per year including overheads. Applying what they spent on The Witcher 3, this looks like it will clear $100 Million total spend fairly easily, which might explain their US sales ambitions.

Devs wish they got that over here. closer to ~$60k US would be about right

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Spuck said:

Devs wish they got that over here. closer to ~$60k US would be about right

That cost isn't just "wages". It's things like having a building big enough, heating to keep them warm, computers and chairs and an IT department. Etcetera.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, Rev said:

That cost isn't just "wages". It's things like having a building big enough, heating to keep them warm, computers and chairs and an IT department. Etcetera.

Ah, that makes a lot more sense in context, cheers

It's still likely to be 2018 maybe even 2019 :(

Such an amazing developer truly loved Witcher 3 (my goty not that rllmuk stealth title).

I have the highest of expectations for this game ever since they announced it way back in 2012. And The Witcher 3 only served to confirm that my ridiculously high expectations aren't even that unrealistic. Cyberpunk 2077 will be glorious, I fully expect CD Projekt to deliver and probably even surpass The Witcher 3 - just look back at how they went from the first Witcher (still a firm all-time favourite of mine though, don't get me wrong) to the Witcher 2 to the Witcher 3. And you can bet that they've taken everything they learned from making the Witcher 3 and put it towards  making Cyberpunk 2077 even better*. Can't wait - even though we will probably have to wait until 2018 at least...

Edit: * that's not a given, just look at Bethesda, who are seemingly unwilling to learn and/or significantly advance away from the basic groundwork of Oblivion.

• Upvote 4

The progression they have shown as a studio is insane. Cyberpunk 2077 still sounds like a late 80's arcade game made by Konami, but I'm still 100% convinced it will revolutionise the RPG genre.

After The Witcher 3 became one of my all-time favourite games I can't wait for Cyberpunk 2077. I just hope that the combat mechanics are up to scratch. I found the combat in The Witcher 3 to be quite enjoyable but I imagine this will be a bit more shooter based.

What I am expecting for Cyberpunk is the next step for world building, NPC behavior and quest writing. They are so far above the competition with the W3 that it is not even funny. If they take all the experience of that and their ambition and their proven ability... :o 

• Upvote 1

To be honest, I'd be happy if it had absolutely no shooting in it whatsoever and was just all about hacking with a virtual avatar in cyberspace and lots of story, options and detective work but then i know that will never happen and I'm in a minority :(

It's probably the one game I'm most hyped for considering what has gone before way more than shenmue 3 or ffvii remake, let alone any other big AAA games otherwise on the way. Not to mention unknowns like gtaVI, new mass effect or even, dare i say it... HL3 :ph34r:

I really hope they keep up the way monsters / enemies fit in the world. One of the reasons the world of W3 is so much better than its peers is that it makes sense, up to the last detail.

I am not too sure how they will achieve diversity though. The monsters was a good excuse to make the battle system shine and show its depth (provided you do not play on easy or normal), there were many tactics to use and many tools. Does anyone know what the enemies are in the world?

• Upvote 1

Not the bump I wanted if this guy on GAF is right.

They binned all the preproduction stuff and started fresh after Blood and Wine. There's also a new game director.

PS5 / Scorpio 2 seems more likely now.

15 minutes ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Aren't they rolling I'm cash from W3 and dlc sales? They're probably going to make millions from Gwent too. I reckon they can afford it. 

Well, if anyone can, they can.

Given that they have been advertising for several senior positions recently via twitter I guessed the timing of this was receding rapidly (not that it matters).

I still wonder if they will get a splinter team doing something smaller scale (other than Gwent) to keep the name in the frame somewhat in the interim.

2 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

I would love it if the splinter team would port the first and second game to current gen consoles. Especially W1

W2 is BC on the Bone.  I would pay for a W1 conversion tomorrow.

11 minutes ago, Cool Ben said:

They have been working on this for over 4 years, you would have thought there would be some gameplay footage by now.

No, they've been in pre-production all this time. It was always the plan to start development proper either towards the end of W3 development or straight after. The reason they announced so early was because they were looking to hire new people, so it was more like a recruitment campaign rather than a proper reveal. They had nothing more than concept art and the license itself back then.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1