rllmuk
Vemsie

Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed until November 19th

Yeah probably more like a 21 year old to be fair.

Look at this screenshot, this sums it up for me.

image.thumb.png.b283445cd6f589a96f9f6791b8bbfea7.png

Looks amazing and I know I have no hope in playing a version capable of displaying that much detail that smoothly. I do have to agree though that the ‘next level’ push appears more cosmetic rather than gameplay. 

As as someone already pointed out it looks very go to point A to obtain gizmo B for shootout C. The narrator was infuriating and trying to big up the visual upgrade she gets was ridiculous. It’s a zoom/scan function - fair enough it is weaves into the story by making it an implant but it is still just another HUD tool. 

Dont get me wrong it looks like fun and has fantastic environments and it is exactly the sort of game I would want to play.  However, I am not expecting a next generation game changer. Perhaps we are plateauing a little in gameplay innovation in comparison to hardware driven graphical innovation?

Still, despite this and hardware permitting this would probably be Day one. :P

• Upvote 1

49 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

For those interested, the specs this demo was running on at 1080p/60. 

Current plan after seeing this demo: start saving now to be able to afford a RTX 2180TI to run Cyberpunk 2077 at delicious ultra settings :D

If it's going to be able to run on current gen consoles, it's going to be able to run on some very old PC hardware I would think. Might have to sacrifice some crowd density / variety and graphical effects. But yeah... this game seems like it would be worth buying a new graphics card (and maybe in my case a new monitor) for.

Maybe my biggest reservation after watching the start of this gameplay demo is the way all the women seem to have the same body type, and said bodies are used as set dressing. I'd be fine with this as long as there is equal-opportunity ogling I suppose, but I'd want to see similar levels of variety in physiques for both genders. Prominent male NPCs that are very muscular or very overweight are shown. I haven't really played the Witcher 3 (despite buying it in a sale once) but I had trouble telling the women in the story apart, they all looked so similar (bar hair colour). For me that's the sort of thing that can take me out of a story... you become too aware of the creator's "gaze".

• Upvote 2

Actually another misgiving is the existence of driving. I want to play this with a M + KB... but I hate driving with those. I've enjoyed playing GTA V with a Steam Controller, but the gunplay in this looks quite a bit more advanced. I did just buy an Xbone controller recently, so maybe I'll just keep that on my desk and switch as needed. I think I'd prefer just to have no vehicles so I don't need to decide though! :lol:

I tell you what, even if (god forbid) the full game never exists due to CDPR head office being struck by a nuclear weapon or something, the existence of this demo alone is incredibly impressive. I've watched it back and all those 'busywork' ambient city bits at the beginning are absolutely FULL of environmental detail. Just creating the assets for the bits we've seen must've took crazy manhours. I dare say from a purely visual-development perspective it's kinda a work of art.

If I ever get to play the full release I'll probably spend hours just wondering around the city as a virtual tourist.

• Upvote 2

This looks insane. The transitions between interior and open world with no loading is mind blowing considering the detail. 

I can't actually take it all in and will need a few viewings.

• Upvote 1

It looks bloody amazing and I am at hype level 12...

but I do worry that CD proj are not the ones to really handle bathfuls of dead naked women and weird hispanic sweary dudes without becoming 'problematic'. Fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, Capwn said:

Can't get over how good it looks. This is going to be amazing.

692MHxK.jpg

He of little faith.

Daft as a few posts in here have been, the resetera thread has become an epic treatise on the various uses in the demo of the words balls, cunt and pussy.

I thought it looked pretty but honestly didn't blow me away graphically considering how much hype it had. I think games in general look incredible these days. The detailed environments are cool though.

Gameplay wise it looks quite good, I mean there's nothing revolutionary there, but it will all be how it all ties together. Given CD Projekt Reds pedigree I'm sure they'll pull it off. It kinda reminded me of a blend of GTA, the new Fallouts, and Deus Ex. What I'm most interested in is the choices in the game, the storylines and how different your play style can be.

I also wonder about the missions as what we saw was kinda like an open world going into combat arenas, like suddenly diving into a Deus Ex base. Hopefully it will be a bit less like this in the full game and more like Witcher 3.

About the writing, in interviews since the E3 showing the devs have said they are aware of the concerns about the tone of the script, which hasn't gone down too well, and may well look at changing it for the final release. I agree it felt very cliche and adolescent, far from what we expect from Projekt Red. One interviewer did point out though that the original Cyberpunk was exactly like that, so who knows how far they'll want to stray.

Overall I'm quietly optimistic and to be honest I wasn't wowed by Witcher 3 and its hype until I sat down and played it for hours, its the world's and open gameplay these guys create that really make their games great, so looking forward to seeing what they can come up with. They have a lot of source material to work with, and I like the potential for all of these shady dealings, corporate conspiracies etc.

I did wonder that actually - it felt very much like a tone that was a side effect of trying to stay close to the schlocky feel of Cyberpunk, rather than continue the sort of tone they had achieved with Witcher 3, which despite the odd problem here and there often managed to deal with mature themes surprisingly deftly.

I must say, I was also a little underwhelmed.

Part of the problem (and I must stress, this is my problem) is all the gushing praise that the ‘behind closed doors’ demo at E3 got. Hearing all that and not seeing it made my hype levels go through the roof. I could only begin to imagine what the press were seeing and relaying back to us, and I guess I’d built it up in my head to be a true step forward in all aspects.

Now seeing that demo, I haven’t seen much that doesn’t feel like most other open world city games. Yes, it’s pretty, yes, I’m sure it’s a great technical achievement, but at the same time, there are a bunch of things that feel as if it’s business as usual in video game land. I found myself being reminded of other games rather than feeling like this was something new that’s raising the bar (Deus Ex, The Division, Watch Dogs, GTA, Doom).

As far as I can tell, the main positives on show here compared to those titles is that it’s likely to be bigger and have more stuff to do, and that might be an exciting enough prospect for most, but I was hoping for something that went above the usual fetch quests and shooty mans.

I do realise I’m saying all this based on seeing a very small chunk of what’s likely to be an epic 100+ hour experience, but I can’t help but feel that after all the build up, they’ve put their best foot forward for this reveal.

• Upvote 8

Incredibly impressive level of detail, even if I have no affection for the genre aesthetic. The shooting stuff is more sophisticated than I expected, it seems vastly more complex than combat in TW3 and on a level with a good FPS. Obviously, the feel will be crucial. I suspect I'll end up playing this as I did TW3, like a walking simulator, soaking up the atmosphere and brute forcing the missions when I feel like doing something. I have no great fondness for RPGs or CYOA type storytelling and the dialogue, as with The Witcher, is often excruciating to me. I would possibly have thought it sounded cool when I was a teenager but some of those lines were jarringly awful, with the 'cunt in a convent' line standing out in this trailer. It's Uncharted levels of smart-arse snark sprinkled with rejected Profanisaurus entries. Still, I hope it gives fans what they wanted. 

9 minutes ago, G a r n e t s B a r n e t said:

Just as with the E3 reveal I'm finding a 'oh ain't we edgy!' vibe about it all that's massively off putting. The walk along the crowded streets was jaw dropping though.

Bearing in mind the Witcher 3’s reveal, that’s coming to PS5 Pro in 2025.