Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed to 10th December 2020

I'm actually not mad as I was getting the Xbox version of this and it was basically going to mean that I would barely pay any attention to my shiny new PS5. Now I can focus on PS5 and Demon's Souls and not feel guilty for playing Cyberpunk when it comes out a few weeks later. 

Just now, Uzi said:

Games used to go gold.

This one did as well. Pictures of Keanu and everything.

Obviously going gold isn't enough to release nowadays, and I'm still surprised that they didn't announce it as "Gone Chrome".

Don't panic, I'm sure it's just to align with sacking half of the crunched staff off for Christmas, as per industry tradition!

Can't say I mind a delay, given how awful graphics card supply is at the moment. As mentioned though, going through all the night city wire guff, proudly announcing that you've gone gold and then delaying the game is pretty wank.

They should have just kept to the 'when it's done, it's done' Mantra they had at the start of development.

1 minute ago, df0 said:

It does, with some advantages (think of increased resolution, frames per second etc). Some time in 2021 a proper patch/update for next gen is scheduled with more and better advantages.

I meant it doesn’t work on PS4 or Xbox One.

I’m waiting for the proper next-gen version anyway, so no bother to me but this thing’s gonna be bugged to fuckery on release isn’t it. I know they want to catch Xmas and the new console buzz but they should really just delay it until next year and release all versions at once. It’s probably gonna run like shit on PS4/Xbox One anyway if that announcement’s anything to go by.

• Goose changed the title to Cyberpunk 2077 - Delayed to 10th December 2020