rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Really enjoyable stuff, I look forward to the next season. In the meantime, I get my kicks from rewatching season one as I introduce it to my girlfriend.

Last night was fun. As Jaime Lannister and his men accost Ned and Jory outside one of Littlefinger's brothels and the ensuing fight breaks out, her actual words about Jory as events unfolded were, "I like this guy, he's pretty ballsy OH NOOOOOOOOOO!!!!"

A swift lesson in not getting attached to characters, there. She's gonna collapse come episode nine.

• Upvote 2

Benjen Stark can't be Mance Rayder (King beyond the wall), as the old bearded Nights Watch commander dude mentions Mance by name early on in Season 1. Either just before or just after Benjen sets off.

i'm 99% sure that he'll be in that camp one way or another.. Why i was thinking he could have been mance is that he did come and go for months at a time, so he could have been trying to build an army because he knew the blackwatch were unable to deal with the incoming threat.

Quick, possibly daft question...

In that episode they announce Tywin as Hand of the King, but I thought he was already Hand, and Tyrion was purely acting in his stead?

Tywin had never been in officio (not since before Jon Arryn was made Hand, anyway), so they'd probably still want a ceremony. In the same way as someone becomes king as soon as their predecessor is dead, but they still have a coronation some time later for the pomp.

yeah that was pretty redundant but they had stuff to get done and needed a reason for a royal meeting thing I guess

It was a great scene, as it perfectly showed Tywin's utter disdain of, and self-superiority over Joffrey and Cerise.

Why was Tyrion bannished to that crappy room? is it because Cersei tried to have him killed so wants him away from everything? I don't really understand his fall from grace, espcially after leading the men out

Did anyone watch the last Thronecast on Atlantic? It had Osha on there with her band. At one point she played the super Mario music on an accordion.

*Note, there will be final episode spoilers in the vid below, so make sure you've watched the last one. :) *

Skip to 8.26 for the song. and 10.20 for Mario.

[media=]

• Upvote 2

Why was Tyrion bannished to that crappy room? is it because Cersei tried to have him killed so wants him away from everything? I don't really understand his fall from grace, espcially after leading the men out

Well, he was in the Hands apartment, so not that his father is there it is no longer his. I'd imagine second to that his father is pissed at him for leading the charge outside the wall and risking losing the gate. Even though if it wasn't for tyrion they'd have lost half of kings landing before tywins cavalry could have arrived.

There's also him being a dwarf and being stigmatised for that. He was left out of the history books, it seemed to me, not just because he'd fallen out of favour, but also because of the simple fact that it wouldn't really make a very good story for the throne: the king fled to the keep so a dwarf had to lead his army in battle! Tyrion winning the battle for the gate simply underlines Joffrey's flight. Men like Tywin or Loras are what heroes are expected to look like, and hence they're lauded.

Also, I'm not quite sure any of the other Lannisters even like Tyrion. It certainly seemed like Tywin disapproved of his son in the previous season, and only sent Tyrion on his behalf because he had no real alternative. And Tyrion was clearly craving some recognition from his father.

Well, he was in the Hands apartment, so not that his father is there it is no longer his. I'd imagine second to that his father is pissed at him for leading the charge outside the wall and risking losing the gate. Even though if it wasn't for tyrion they'd have lost half of kings landing before tywins cavalry could have arrived.

I don't think Twyin would be pissed at Tyrion, but equally I don't think he'd care where Tyrion got moved too. Sorting out accomodation is probably in Cersei remitt and therefore she took the oppertunity to take a petty revenge out on Tyrion.

Did anyone watch the last Thronecast on Atlantic? It had Osha on there with her band. At one point she played the super Mario music on an accordion.

*Note, there will be final episode spoilers in the vid below, so make sure you've watched the last one. :) *

Skip to 8.26 for the song. and 10.20 for Mario.

[media=]

There's also discussion of the sack of Winterfell and the possible reasons which some TV-only folks may prefer not to be told.

Also, I'm not quite sure any of the other Lannisters even like Tyrion. It certainly seemed like Tywin disapproved of his son in the previous season, and only sent Tyrion on his behalf because he had no real alternative. And Tyrion was clearly craving some recognition from his father.

Jaime and Tyrion are close. Tywin isn't particularly fond of him because of his physical appearance and penchant for whores, but probably moreso because his wife died during his birth.

I miss Game of Thrones :(

Me too so I decided to start reading the books. Nearly through the first already and going to have a horrible decision to make after finishing the second.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1