rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Amazing stuff.

I really though Tyrion was a goner, that moment where the cut first appeared across his face I thought it was going to do that horrible horror movie thing of the top of his head slowly sliding off. By the time he was shown slowly lying down and passing out I was fairly certain he wasn't dead, but I'm really wary of this show.

The build-up and payoff of the boat explosion was perfect. I loved the looks of shock on the faces even of those who knew it was going to happen, such was its spectacle.

Fucking awesome. Loved the quieter moments. But amazing spectacle for a TV show.

Only way to top that next week would be to have a naked Dany riding a fully-grown dragon into battle with an army of white walkers.

Chances?

• Upvote 1

Wow. Amazing, amazing stuff.

Cersei is fucking nuts and somehow her scenes were as gripping as the battle scenes. That bitch is crazy.

Raped. All of you. Raaaaaped. Gimme more wine.

Definitely gonna get a re-watch this week. Especially as I go away next Monday morning so won't get a chance to watch next week's episode until the following Monday. :( Two weeks. Shit.

One thing from last week's episode. Didn't Tywin Lannister ride off to attack Robb Stark?

That episode single handedly made up for the lead up episodes being drawn out and uneventful. It just goes to show that nothing can really replace men running around screaming on fire and being brained by rocks when it comes to entertainment.

One thing from last week's episode. Didn't Tywin Lannister ride off to attack Robb Stark?

Apparently not. If Robb decides to attack Harrenhal or Casterly Rock, he won't meet much opposition.

Remember in season 1 how Robb fooled the Lannisters into thinking he was going to a certain place in order to attack elsewhere and ended up capturing Jamie? I reckon Tywin played the same trick - presumably he figured that there were spies in his meeting room (Arya for one, eh?!) and so claimed he was going in one direction while actually planning to go to King's Landing all along. Nice fake out!

Remember in season 1 how Robb fooled the Lannisters into thinking he was going to a certain place in order to attack elsewhere and ended up capturing Jamie? I reckon Tywin played the same trick - presumably he figured that there were spies in his meeting room (Arya for one, eh?!) and so claimed he was going in one direction while actually planning to go to King's Landing all along. Nice fake out!

Yeah I figured there was a reason for the deception.

So many questions have come out after that episode...

When did the Lannisters join forces with Highgarden lot, I presume Littlefingers has been up to something? Or i've missed that part if it was shown in the show.

Is Tyrion ok?

Is Davos ok?

What is Clegane up to and what are his motivations for helping Sansa?

Why did the knight chap attack Tyrion?

There's more, but those are the main ones for me.

Best thing i've ever watched on TV, definitely a re-watch tonight!

When did the Lannisters join forces with Highgarden lot, I presume Littlefingers has been up to something? Or i've missed that part if it was shown in the show.

It's been hinted at a bunch of times in the show, notably when Littlefinger is talking to Margaery after Renly's death - her 'I want to be the queen' stuff - and when he talks to Tywin about it in Harrenhal (when he almost figures out who Arya is).

Other than that, it's meant as a surprise climax to the episode - much like the misdirection about where Tywin was going.

Is Tyrion ok?

Is Davos ok?

What is Clegane up to and what are his motivations for helping Sansa?

Why did the knight chap attack Tyrion?

There's more, but those are the main ones for me.

I don't think we still need to spoiler as it's been on Sky in the UK now.

-The alliance with the Tyrells was put on the table by Littlefinger and Tyrion mentioned it as a possibility after that. It was obviously left ambiguous for reasons of dramatic tension.

-The Hound just wigged out during the battle and has fucked off with Sansa because he likes her. The royal guard wouldn't have him back either after that outburst.

-The king's guardsman attacked Tyrion because Cersai really hates him over the pimping out Myrcella incident.

Dunno about whether those guys are dead, but I doubt it in both cases. Also, I'd be surprised if we find out until next year, as I'm pretty sure next week will cover the other stories not in this episode.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

What was the line the Hound said as they went to head off Stannis' men? something like "if any of you cunts don't have blood on your swords when you die I will rape your corpse"

There was the meeting with Tywin and Littlefinger when they were discussing it right? When he kept trying to look at Arya's face. Too slow.

Is Tyrion ok? Surely he can't be dead. Surely?

Is Davos ok? Dead I reckon.

What is Clegane up to and what are his motivations for helping Sansa? He clearly fucking hates Joffrey and all the Lannisters so probably just thought fuck these lot. As he said himself.

Why did the knight chap attack Tyrion? No idea about that one. Cersei?

I'd agree with that last point. I can't think of any TV episode i've seen that's been better than that.

For me, this slots alongside Breaking Bad's season 3 episode 'One Minute' as one of the best single episodes of TV I've ever watched.

What was the line the Hound said as they went to head off Stannis' men? something like "if any of you cunts don't have blood on your swords when you die I will rape your corpse"

"If anyone dies with a clean sword I'll rape his fucking corpse", I think. :D

I quite liked Stannis' battle tactics - send wave after wave of his own men until the Hound reaches his preset kill limit and shuts down.

One of the best bits of the episode was after the sea explosion and Stannis orders his troops into battle. One of his commanders says something like ‘but hundreds [of our men]will die’ and Stannis goes ‘no, thousands will. CHARGE.’

I quite liked Stannis' battle tactics - send wave after wave of his own men until the Hound reaches his preset kill limit and shuts down.

Miles better than that other cock-gobbling 'King' though. At least Stannis got in there and got his hands dirty. I bet the smudge from Sansa's lips is still evident on 'Heart Eater' while Joffrey soiled his fancy armour catching a cold on the battlements.

God I hate that little blond prick.

Miles better than that other cock-gobbling 'King' though. At least Stannis got in there and got his hands dirty. I bet the smudge from Sansa's lips is still evident on 'Heart Eater' while Joffrey soiled his fancy armour catching a cold on the battlements.

God I hate that little blond prick.

I understand we need a villain but if Joffrey (and Theon while we are on the subject) don't eventually meet a horrible bloody end I will be bitterly disappointed.

• Upvote 1

What I loved about this episode is that I really didn't know who I wanted to win. Stannis was a true leader, leading from the front and getting in amongst it. The throne is rightfully his...

but on the other hand, the people of Kings Landing have been shat on by an utter arsepiece that everyone hates and poor Tyrion is just trying to do the best he can to stop everything going to shit. As much as we all want Joffrey to be ROCKBRAINED - we don't want Tyrion to die either, nor do we want the innocent people of Kings Landing meeting horrible fates.

AMAZING STUFF

Afterwards, I watched some more Breaking Bad.

I LOVE TELLY

• Upvote 3

What I loved about this episode is that I really didn't know who I wanted to win.

I too had a quick change of heart once Joffrey pissed off. I was all "Go Stannis" but then once Tyrion took over I changed my mind.

The "Halfman! Halfman!" chant was great.

Soooooo much to love in this episode.

• Upvote 1

I understand we need a villain but if Joffrey (and Theon while we are on the subject) don't eventually meet a horrible bloody end I will be bitterly disappointed.

I will be bitterly disappointed if any remaining time Emilia Clarke spends in this show, isn't in a state of complete undress :eyebrows:

• Downvote 1

The Hound didn't just wig out - he's obviously* got a serious fear of fire, due to his childhood face-meets-fireplace incident.

*When I say obvious, I mean that my wife had to point it out to me.

• Upvote 1

Jerome from Robson and Jerome knocked it out of the park this ep. I was totally on the edge of my seat when I thought the Hound and him were going to try to kill each other. Easy to forget when we had DAT FX SEQUENCE later on, but there were so many great scenes.

• Upvote 2