rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

22 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I am super interested in the long drawn out origin story of the personality free ineffectual baddie who got offed quickly by stabbing him in his weak spot for massive damage

Wish I could 'Super Pos' this. Like you get 1 'Super Pos' a day which is worth x10. Maybe a supporter/membership feature that could be added?

Just let GoT die now. The damage has been done. It's over.

• Upvote 3

44 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I am super interested in the long drawn out origin story of the personality free ineffectual baddie who got offed quickly by stabbing him in his weak spot for massive damage

yeap -  since we found out that the Night King really was just a rampant relentless weapon, I'm not so interested in that story now either - unless it massively changes what we've just seen and has planned, I can see some JK levels of retconning going on that would just piss us all off.  Jane Goodman tends to be really good though.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Garibaldi said:

My fave part of the last episode was the new guy from Dorne being too polite to say ‘the fuck is a three eyed raven?’ 

hahahaha....

Oberyn would've demanded a fight there and then to pick the King...

9 hours ago, Festoon said:

Jon Snow is Carrot Ironfoundersson from Pratchett's City Watch, isn't he?

Carrot always knows more than he is letting on.

Everyone knows what Jon Snow knows.

• Upvote 5

16 minutes ago, scottcr said:

yeap -  since we found out that the Night King really was just a rampant relentless weapon, I'm not so interested in that story now either - unless it massively changes what we've just seen and has planned, I can see some JK levels of retconning going on that would just piss us all off.  Jane Goodman tends to be really good though.

I don't think the story will be about the Night King at all. I think it'll be about why the rampant relentless weapon was created. If it got that far, maybe the final seasons actually deliver Winter arriving this time*

*haha no

The time difference - circa 10000 years before should prevent too much retcon bullshit. However the Age of Heroes is meant to be when most of the Great Houses form, so that could get annoying. 

1 minute ago, kensei said:

I don't think the story will be about the Night King at all. I think it'll be about why the rampant relentless weapon was created. If it got that far, maybe the final seasons actually deliver Winter arriving this time*

*haha no

The time difference - circa 10000 years before should prevent too much retcon bullshit. However the Age of Heroes is meant to be when most of the Great Houses form, so that could get annoying. 

I'd expect to see the CoF and the First Men joining together to defeat the NK and build the wall.  I have no idea how on earth they drove the NK back.. and then we'll see Bran the Builder creating the wall.

Kinda still expecting Bran the Builder and Bran the Broken to be the same.

1 minute ago, Harsin said:

'Rampant Relentless Weapon'

/sits on arse for thousands of years then gets ganked on first sojourn south of the wall

hahahahah

12 minutes ago, Harsin said:

'Rampant Relentless Weapon'

/sits on arse for thousands of years then gets ganked on first sojourn south of the wall

that's another thing - so it doesn't suggest the NK comes every winter... it's just The Long Night, the first of which was when Bran built the wall after they sent the NK back.

Then something happens that makes the NK decide to get off his arse to head south before Bran becomes the Crow/Raven/Robot, before any dragons were born.. .but he knew that Dragon's were back because his plan was to capture a dragon to destroy the wall... 

FUCK IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, scottcr said:

that's another thing - so it doesn't suggest the NK comes every winter... it's just The Long Night, the first of which was when Bran built the wall after they sent the NK back.

Then something happens that makes the NK decide to get off his arse to head south before Bran becomes the Crow/Raven/Robot, before any dragons were born.. .but he knew that Dragon's were back because his plan was to capture a dragon to destroy the wall... 

FUCK IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

from the books, Early on just after the dragons were hatched Dany's lot were travelling through a city and everyone was extra impressed by some magic fire conjurer who's act was normally rubbish, but it was now extra impressive. The people in kings landing who made wildfire noted that the spells involved were now more potent and wizards in the house of the undying said they were more powerful. one of that lot claimed that dragons returning to the world bought more magic back into the place.

maybe the night king got a bit more powerful as well....

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Maybe Bran just saw the nun getting smashed by FrankenGregor in a vision, and had to demolish the Red Keep dungeons to ensure she suffered no more.

Nor the Snakes.

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

RIIIDGE RAVEN!!!

• Upvote 1

I'm only interested in the back story if there's something genuienly exciting about it that adds to the current story in a good way.  I don't see how they can make out the NK to be a big bad any more when he was defeated by the first castle he got to.

But until then he was presented as a possessed innocent with the Children as the real bad guys, albeit unwittingly as far as we knew. I don't care that he was defeated easily because I never bought into power as his central theme, I just wanted elaboration on his lost humanity that, turns out, they were happen to abandon after making an initial effort to show it. They threw Chekhov's gun into the sea.

I'm only interested in the back story if there's something genuienly exciting about it that adds to the current story in a good way.  I don't see how they can make out the NK to be a big bad any more when he was defeated by the first castle he got to.

Sure, if you ignore Eastwatch-by-the-Sea and Last Hearth.

• Empathy 1

But he took out every other house off screen.

e.g. The umbers. 

They just didnt show it, there was just the throw away line “we must assume any house not here fights for the dead now”

That was spot on.

I've been watching some of the highlights of earlier seasons and my god there was some fantastic scenes in there. My favourite being the capture of high garden and the chat between Tyrell and Jamie. 

• Upvote 1

I think I'm so done with this after this season that I can't even be arsed with the 2h documentary going out this weekend in the usual transmission slot

19 hours ago, probotector said:

I’m not really interested in his origin either.

Id rather see robs rebellion or Aegons landing or even something in valeria 

GRRM built such a big world with so much lore and the final few episodes of the show were just focused on finishing the main characters storylines.

I want to know what caused the doom of Valyria, are there any more giants or children of the forest? As Ser Davos said, this lord of light bloke seems to have disappeared, and he obviously held some power. Did Drogon bugger off and lay some eggs somewhere? so many questions are left.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

definitely seems a bit dissapointed tbh - maybe that'll motivate him to claim it back by getting THE FUCKING BOOKS DONE

16 minutes ago, Chewylegs said:

Blatantly disappointed because he doesn't reap the monetary benefits anymore!

Is he doing the 5 different prequels for free then? 

• Upvote 2

He needs to stop fucking about with all these side projects and get his legacy sorted.

No one gives a fuck about the prequels, the main fucking story ain’t even done.

• Upvote 2