Jump to content
rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Recommended Posts

Would've been nice to know wouldn't it! Along with many other scenes that cut off right before important things were about to be said.

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That was just to clumsily fOrEsHaDoW the whole stories are now the most importantest thing ever when choosing a new monarch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 22/05/2019 at 07:37, ScouserInExile said:

The Big question that I can't believe they didn't answer in the last episode is: what did (Ser) Pod do with those prostitutes that they didn't want paying for?

 

They answered that in the episode after the battle at winterfell. When tyrion, Jaime, Brienne and pod are playing the truth-telling-wine-drinking game, tyrion says "you're a virgin," and Brienne gets all offended and leaves, Pod sheepishly takes a drink. So he's a virgin. The reason the prostitutes didn't take the money is because they didn't do anything. But of course pod styled it out, rather than admit he couldn't get it up, or came in his pants or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, dug said:

 

They answered that in the episode after the battle at winterfell. When tyrion, Jaime, Brienne and pod are playing the truth-telling-wine-drinking game, tyrion says "you're a virgin," and Brienne gets all offended and leaves, Pod sheepishly takes a drink. So he's a virgin. The reason the prostitutes didn't take the money is because they didn't do anything. But of course pod styled it out, rather than admit he couldn't get it up, or came in his pants or whatever.

 

I really think it was more of "oh fuck i need a drink for this answer" as the question wasnt to him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, carlospie said:

 

3 prequels being filmed now don’t worry! 

 

only one got picked - Bloodmoon.  About the CoF, the First men and the creation of the Night King.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nicky said:

 

I really think it was more of "oh fuck i need a drink for this answer" as the question wasnt to him.

 

I think my interpretation's funnier, so I'm sticking with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I am super interested in the long drawn out origin story of the personality free ineffectual baddie who got offed quickly by stabbing him in his weak spot for massive damage

 

Wish I could 'Super Pos' this. Like you get 1 'Super Pos' a day which is worth x10. Maybe a supporter/membership feature that could be added?

 

Just let GoT die now. The damage has been done. It's over.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Harsin said:

I am super interested in the long drawn out origin story of the personality free ineffectual baddie who got offed quickly by stabbing him in his weak spot for massive damage

 

yeap -  since we found out that the Night King really was just a rampant relentless weapon, I'm not so interested in that story now either - unless it massively changes what we've just seen and has planned, I can see some JK levels of retconning going on that would just piss us all off.  Jane Goodman tends to be really good though.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Garibaldi said:

My fave part of the last episode was the new guy from Dorne being too polite to say ‘the fuck is a three eyed raven?’ 

 

hahahaha....

 

Oberyn would've demanded a fight there and then to pick the King...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Festoon said:

Jon Snow is Carrot Ironfoundersson from Pratchett's City Watch, isn't he?

Carrot always knows more than he is letting on.

 

Everyone knows what Jon Snow knows.

  • Upvote 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, scottcr said:

 

yeap -  since we found out that the Night King really was just a rampant relentless weapon, I'm not so interested in that story now either - unless it massively changes what we've just seen and has planned, I can see some JK levels of retconning going on that would just piss us all off.  Jane Goodman tends to be really good though.

 

I don't think the story will be about the Night King at all. I think it'll be about why the rampant relentless weapon was created. If it got that far, maybe the final seasons actually deliver Winter arriving this time*

 

*haha no

 

The time difference - circa 10000 years before should prevent too much retcon bullshit. However the Age of Heroes is meant to be when most of the Great Houses form, so that could get annoying. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, kensei said:

 

I don't think the story will be about the Night King at all. I think it'll be about why the rampant relentless weapon was created. If it got that far, maybe the final seasons actually deliver Winter arriving this time*

 

*haha no

 

The time difference - circa 10000 years before should prevent too much retcon bullshit. However the Age of Heroes is meant to be when most of the Great Houses form, so that could get annoying. 

 

I'd expect to see the CoF and the First Men joining together to defeat the NK and build the wall.  I have no idea how on earth they drove the NK back.. and then we'll see Bran the Builder creating the wall.

 

Kinda still expecting Bran the Builder and Bran the Broken to be the same.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Harsin said:

'Rampant Relentless Weapon'

 

/sits on arse for thousands of years then gets ganked on first sojourn south of the wall

 

hahahahah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Harsin said:

'Rampant Relentless Weapon'

 

/sits on arse for thousands of years then gets ganked on first sojourn south of the wall

 

that's another thing - so it doesn't suggest the NK comes every winter... it's just The Long Night, the first of which was when Bran built the wall after they sent the NK back.

 

Then something happens that makes the NK decide to get off his arse to head south before Bran becomes the Crow/Raven/Robot, before any dragons were born.. .but he knew that Dragon's were back because his plan was to capture a dragon to destroy the wall... 

 

FUCK IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scottcr said:

 

that's another thing - so it doesn't suggest the NK comes every winter... it's just The Long Night, the first of which was when Bran built the wall after they sent the NK back.

 

Then something happens that makes the NK decide to get off his arse to head south before Bran becomes the Crow/Raven/Robot, before any dragons were born.. .but he knew that Dragon's were back because his plan was to capture a dragon to destroy the wall... 

 

FUCK IT DOESN'T MAKE ANY SENSE

 

from the books, Early on just after the dragons were hatched Dany's lot were travelling through a city and everyone was extra impressed by some magic fire conjurer who's act was normally rubbish, but it was now extra impressive. The people in kings landing who made wildfire noted that the spells involved were now more potent and wizards in the house of the undying said they were more powerful. one of that lot claimed that dragons returning to the world bought more magic back into the place.

 

maybe the night king got a bit more powerful as well....

 

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Bacon Horsemeat said:

Maybe Bran just saw the nun getting smashed by FrankenGregor in a vision, and had to demolish the Red Keep dungeons to ensure she suffered no more.

 

Nor the Snakes.

 

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

I am super interested in the long drawn out origin story of the personality free ineffectual baddie who got offed quickly by stabbing him in his weak spot for massive damage

 

RIIIDGE RAVEN!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm only interested in the back story if there's something genuienly exciting about it that adds to the current story in a good way.  I don't see how they can make out the NK to be a big bad any more when he was defeated by the first castle he got to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But until then he was presented as a possessed innocent with the Children as the real bad guys, albeit unwittingly as far as we knew. I don't care that he was defeated easily because I never bought into power as his central theme, I just wanted elaboration on his lost humanity that, turns out, they were happen to abandon after making an initial effort to show it. They threw Chekhov's gun into the sea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scottcr said:

I'm only interested in the back story if there's something genuienly exciting about it that adds to the current story in a good way.  I don't see how they can make out the NK to be a big bad any more when he was defeated by the first castle he got to.

 

Sure, if you ignore Eastwatch-by-the-Sea and Last Hearth.

  • Empathy 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, scottcr said:

I'm only interested in the back story if there's something genuienly exciting about it that adds to the current story in a good way.  I don't see how they can make out the NK to be a big bad any more when he was defeated by the first castle he got to.

 

 But he took out every other house off screen.

 

e.g. The umbers. 

 

They just didnt show it, there was just the throw away line “we must assume any house not here fights for the dead now”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.