rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

3 hours ago, kensei said:

Bloodraven is not in the show. 

There's no indication that the Three Eyed Raven we got took over his mind. Bran just tripped balls due to the awesome cosmic power he got. 

I was convinced post Hold the Door (a version of which will appear in the books, because it's too perfect) that achtulee, Game of Thrones is really a sci fi story and Bran would be doing weird nudging everything into place stuff. But he did nothing. See the continual what the fuck is the point of Bran after every episode. 

Sometimes you just have to accept they fucked it. 

Or he did he do exactly what he needed to get himself on the throne? If he hadn't revealed Jon's true parentage Dany wouldn't have been pushed over the edge, instead just defeating Cersei with a minimal amount of collateral damage and life loss in the Red Keep itself and then done her best to rule well with Jon Snow at her side.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Harsin said:

So you think they predicated the entire end of the show on it being the elaborate Machiavellian plot of a character, who popped up very briefly as a side character in a couple of spin-off novellas, pulling a long con, all this without any mention of said character’s backstory or motivations in the show itself, and then didn’t do anything at all to flag this at all to viewers? Death of the author and all that .

Yep, that's some intellectual shit! 

Screenshot_20190522-200618_1558552005438.thumb.jpg.5555a162775888d114f609ceda4c9ae6.jpg

So cool, I love it when no one checks an entry in months/years :D

50 minutes ago, MrPogo said:

Or he did he do exactly what he needed to get himself on the throne? If he hadn't revealed Jon's true parentage Dany wouldn't have been pushed over the edge, instead just defeating Cersei with a minimal amount of collateral damage and life loss in the Red Keep itself and then done her best to rule well with Jon Snow at her side.

I read it sort of like that, he moved things to the point where the best result happened. Told Jon his parentage to put and wedge between him and Dany that would have either led to him killing her after she destroyed Kings Landing, or later on if she took the throne and kicked off her endless war. The best ending still wasn’t very nice, but I guess the more you fuck about with things the more the unintended consequences happen, as with Hodor.

8 hours ago, The Fox said:

In which case, as you say, is it not a pretty fucking bad look that he just lets the massacre at King's Landing go ahead?

It's a terrible look if he foresaw it, unless he was able to timeline-surf and chose it as the least awful option. He's not officially a greenseer, but there are two problems that steer us towards the likelihood of his scheming: good-man Theon dies while the Starks all survive (against supposedly insane odds in E3); and he has some cool-factor lines that prove his precognition if not outright clairvoyance.

It all seems to boil down to:

— Bran does nothing

— Bran manipulates based on scarce knowledge, trusting himself to shoot largely in the dark as everyone's psychic guardian [default]

— Bran manipulates to the best available timeline (coincidentally making him king and leaving his fam all sorted), but with no evidence of this supplied*

— Machiavellibran

*His waiting for Jaime and whatnot was just the writers trying to give him something interesting, I think, but it backfired in making him every bookie's nightmare at the very least, prompting us to ask questions about the extent of his prescience and its bearing on the story. Holdthedoor Bran and Greenseers: What Do They Know? Do They Know things?? Let's not find out!

If we agree that Bran knowingly moved the chess pieces, it's left hanging in the air if he did so as a goodie (KL massacre was as good as it got), or a baddie. We don't have the info to make that call. I don't like him, so I'll say baddie, purely because he reverts to King Bran the Broken from Not Really. I mean, sure, the writers insinuated that he only saw bits and bobs and did the best he could, but who's happy with that?

(Probably not the Dothraki after he signed-off their charge.)

6 hours ago, Harsin said:

”Men call me Darkstar, and I am of the night...”

So Michael Howard was the Three-Eyed Raven? It all makes sense now.

• Upvote 1

She dipt into the future, far as green eye could seer; saw the Viserion of the cold and all the Bran that would be.

So she walked home. Presumed alive.

17 minutes ago, SM47 said:

Whatever happened to Meera Reed? Was she in the lords meeting? 

Nope but her dad was there.  The one who looked an awful lot like the Black Fish, that I had to check it was not supposed to be him, and they forgot they killed him off a few seasons back.:omg:

The Blackfish was too much of a boss to die going up those stairs. He's still alive in my version, along with Stannis who's now a woodcutter.

3 hours ago, Tonald Drump said:

Nice of Bran to let all those kids and families get burnt and crushed to death in kings landing then, cos it was all for the best.

Maybe Bran just saw the nun getting smashed by FrankenGregor in a vision, and had to demolish the Red Keep dungeons to ensure she suffered no more.

There's another thing that I was wondering about, what did Bran and Tyrion talk about back in episode 2 (or 1 even maybe?)?

Didn't Tyrion say something about Bran needing to tell him his story?

Would've been nice to know wouldn't it! Along with many other scenes that cut off right before important things were about to be said.

• Empathy 1

That was just to clumsily fOrEsHaDoW the whole stories are now the most importantest thing ever when choosing a new monarch.

On 22/05/2019 at 07:37, ScouserInExile said:

The Big question that I can't believe they didn't answer in the last episode is: what did (Ser) Pod do with those prostitutes that they didn't want paying for?

They answered that in the episode after the battle at winterfell. When tyrion, Jaime, Brienne and pod are playing the truth-telling-wine-drinking game, tyrion says "you're a virgin," and Brienne gets all offended and leaves, Pod sheepishly takes a drink. So he's a virgin. The reason the prostitutes didn't take the money is because they didn't do anything. But of course pod styled it out, rather than admit he couldn't get it up, or came in his pants or whatever.

47 minutes ago, dug said:

They answered that in the episode after the battle at winterfell. When tyrion, Jaime, Brienne and pod are playing the truth-telling-wine-drinking game, tyrion says "you're a virgin," and Brienne gets all offended and leaves, Pod sheepishly takes a drink. So he's a virgin. The reason the prostitutes didn't take the money is because they didn't do anything. But of course pod styled it out, rather than admit he couldn't get it up, or came in his pants or whatever.

I really think it was more of "oh fuck i need a drink for this answer" as the question wasnt to him.

55 minutes ago, carlospie said:

3 prequels being filmed now don’t worry! 

only one got picked - Bloodmoon.  About the CoF, the First men and the creation of the Night King.

1 hour ago, Nicky said:

I really think it was more of "oh fuck i need a drink for this answer" as the question wasnt to him.

I think my interpretation's funnier, so I'm sticking with it.