rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

The cleverest thing the writers done all season was:

Spoiler

The bait and switch with good old Ghost finally getting a hug.

Good times. Right in the feels. :wub:

• Upvote 9

Spoiler

What does the night's watch actually do now though? Not much of a punishment now that the night king is dead and the freefolk are all following Jon Snow.

I didnt get the disconnect between

Spoiler

Jon offing Dany; who minutes before a huge army to do her bidding, to a council meeting deciding who is taking the throne. Surely the army who had just been swearing allegiance to scorch the earth for her Queeen would have kicked off when they suddenly found out she had been murdered?

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, macosx said:

Hide contents

Jon offing Dany; who minutes before a huge army to do her bidding, to a council meeting deciding who is taking the throne. Surely the army who had just been swearing allegiance to scorch the earth for her Queeen would have kicked off when they suddenly found out she had been murdered?

I guess they just forgot

• Upvote 1

Re Bran

Spoiler

My biggest gripe with Bran is that we never got to know what the fuck he was all about. 

Why did the Nightking want him dead and see him as such a threat? 

Why can he do what he does? 

Did he cause all of this knowing he'd be the one to sit on the throne? 

I've read that theory that he caused The Mad King to go mad by warging into him, similar to how he messed up Hodor which would have been good to explore.

But none of this was explored and they just seem to give up on him which is really frustrating considering they will have known from the start he ends up as King.

• Upvote 2

I think that was solid. I enjoyed it a lot. I thought the scale and spectacle of Dany’s rule was well done and the dialogue justified the decisions they’d made. 

The Dany-Jon plotline has been far from perfect, which is a shame, but that was a solid ending to the series. About on a par with Breaking Bad.

Will be back for the spin-off series.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, macosx said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

It's not that much of a stretch of the imagination to believe that 'Master of War' and the head of the entire army Grey Worm decided to hold him prisoner until the chaos of succession was over?

Despite them obviously disagreeing a lot at the end, Grey Worm has always followed orders - that's all he's known.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, grounded_dreams said:

Thought the finale was the best we could have expected after the mediocre last episode. Was a hell of a show and overall I enjoyed the story arcs and where each character had ended.

My favourite scene visually from the episode

Hide contents

giphy.gif

Yeah that was fucking ace

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Stigweard said:

Re Bran

Hide contents

My biggest gripe with Bran is that we never got to know what the fuck he was all about. 

Why did the Nightking want him dead and see him as such a threat? 

Why can he do what he does? 

Did he cause all of this knowing he'd be the one to sit on the throne? 

I've read that theory that he caused The Mad King to go mad by warging into him, similar to how he messed up Hodor which would have been good to explore.

But none of this was explored and they just seem to give up on him which is really frustrating considering they will have known from the start he ends up as King.

I don't think he warged into The Mad King... but I think he did put things into place that made sure he became king.  It's also very GRRM for the two ultimate 'winners' of the game are ugly disfigured dwarf and the crippled strange one.

2 minutes ago, scottcr said:

Hide contents

I don't think he warged into The Mad King... but I think he did put things into place that made sure he became king.  It's also very GRRM for the two ultimate 'winners' of the game are ugly disfigured dwarf and the crippled strange one.

Spoiler

Well that was just fan speculation but would have been a cool thing to explore. 

The problem with exploring nothing he did or discovered is that his arc is completely pointless. Even his discovery of Jon didn't really lead to anything. Jon killing Dany had more to do with her going full Hitler than saving his own bacon.

He could have say around for 8 season in his wheelchair and still ended up here.

4 hours ago, Floshenbarnical said:

Jesus. Christ. 1/10

Reminds me of the last LOTR movie where the last hour is just people saying goodbye. Came off like fan fiction today, which I suppose it is. 

Its like the end of a Shonda Rhimes TV episode like Gray’s Anatomy: music happens over a montage of “moving” scenes, the end. 

Also, all of the Big Cool Things i.e. Jon’s lineage etc never came into play whatsoever. 

Hide contents

And Dany gets taken out ridiculously quickly ... like

“Oh hey Jon she’s evil lol”

*shank*

No one overcame any difficulty in this episode. 

“Let’s pick a king!”

”ok lol”

”it should be Bran”

”heck yeah why not lol”

Either spoiler or dont,. 

I enjoyed that. Certainly, it would've been nice if they'd had another six episodes to really pace things out, but overall I'm happy with the season and the conclusion.

Good show.

I thought the episode got better as it went on, the ending really worked for me and it managed to draw up my affection for the show, and remember what it was like at it's peak between before series three and four.

Basically the perfect ending point is Hodor's death. Everything after that isn't as good.

• Upvote 1

Grey Worm had the capital city and two important high-profile prisoners.

He ended up with no city and no high-profile prisoners.

He's the worst negotiator ever

• Upvote 1

Spoiler

Underwhelming for me. Fine with the key plot points but the pace and motivation was lacking. Jon’s character especially suffered due to the haste with which everything had to be wrapped up.

• Upvote 2

Spoiler

The shot of Jon walking off up into the Northern wastes he was looking so fucking miserable I almost laughed. It felt like Tormund was purposely keeping quiet so that he didn't say something sarcastic.

will watch again tonight - lots of things went the way I figured they would with Jon heading to the wall and Dany being dealt with.  Drogon metled the throne but I was surprised that he fucked off.  

Jon will spend his days beyond the wall helping the wildlings re-build.

Was good to see the lords of the realm all in place as well.  Edmure gave me a wee chuckle.

Loved the small council scene with Bron and Davos bickering.