rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

WHAT? Source please.

Not true, obviously. Usual year break, but they're splitting the next book into 2 seasons. Isn't 'A Storm of Swords' a 2 parter, anyway?

Also, now that I've seen the first reaction to Episode 9, I'm running out of here until I've watched it myself. :omg: :omg: :omg:

Not true, obviously. Usual year break, but they're splitting the next book into 2 seasons. Isn't 'A Storm of Swords' a 2 parter, anyway?

Also, now that I've seen the first reaction to Episode 9, I'm running out of here until I've watched it myself. :omg: :omg: :omg:

I posted the details earleir, Ive not heard anything since butthe info came from teh uk licensing agent selling teh lciensing rights for different products, they should have the right dates it kind of critical to their marketing drives.

prev posted:

Got the email as below on Friday, if they are selling the license rights coinciding with the programming they shoud have the right dates of release.

The link should be a web version of my mail shot.

http://email.bvcampa...281BC0AA5ABFD98

I hope its wrong but doubt it is.

They want me to buy into this to make a line of men's slippers, despite the interest on here I think it will be too niche.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I posted the details earleir, Ive not heard anything since butthe info came from teh uk licensing agent selling teh lciensing rights for different products, they should have the right dates it kind of critical to their marketing drives.

That just looks like a typo, someone typed 2014 instead of 2013. Seriously, if season three was delayed a year there are SO MANY Game Of Thrones news sites that would be writing essays about it.

Also your typing sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

fucking awesome

the whole episode being in one place was great.

i'm not sure if hes dead or not. at first it looked like just a slice on his cheek. but them it seemed like more across his whole head. but i would think something like that would kill him pretty quick. so i'm thinking probably alive! just, and he's going to come out of it a big hero, maybe even new king, as presumably after all this everybody is going to hate joffrey even more. even the dippy brother had a go.

i guess next episode is going to go back to a more general stuff, catching up with everybody before it ends.

arya and ginger are basically going to swop places now i think. arya getting home, and nobody really knowing whats going on with the other.

oh, also i dont believe that cat really has let jaimie go, i think she's just hiding him away to keep him safe for future use.

I think they'd make a far bigger scene of Tyrion dying considering he's the show's lead now. The slice did go all the way across his face, but I'm pretty sure he'll be back next episode with a cool scar. Loved his horror watching the ships burn (with the vaguely mushroom cloud-ish explosion) and Joffrey's wimpering when he thought all was lost - hopefully his granddad will give him a ticking off next week for his cowardice.

That just looks like a typo, someone typed 2014 instead of 2013. Seriously, if season three was delayed a year there are SO MANY Game Of Thrones news sites that would be writing essays about it.

Also your typing sucks.

Who gives a shit Squeky, I only intended to pass on the information that I had acquired thinking that it may have been of some interest. I have sought to verify the information but cant actually find anywhere any details to prove this to be wrong. Obviously you must have the accurate release date as you seem confident that it is a mistake, perhaps you may share your source, as I will be pleased as I'm sure everybody else will be if the release is much earlier. :sherlock:

I would like it three times a week instead of Coronation street.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 10

Lorath. I don't think it's mentioned before, Tyrion just acknowledges she's foreign and Cersei recognises her accent. I don't think Lorath has been mentioned before, either.

Yeah so. I think i'm just going to watch that again.

I still didn't get why Mandon (?):

had a pop at the little lord, was it under joffos instruction? Or just because he's a massive massive cunt?

I don't think it was fatal though, the cut starts forehead with nothing on the bridge of the nose then starts back up at the cheek which would make it around about 1cm deep according to my face.

Wow, what an episode, i think the queen/sansa scenes more than held their own against the big set piece stuff.

The slower build up episodes all led to a payoff like this, tv has never been this good.

The best thing about it is that the action scenes were informed by and themselves inform character growth and development. Game of Thrones earned that battle.

Very true. I've been critical of this season's 'bittiness' but this one episode pretty much made up for all previous quibbles. Easily my favourite episode of both seasons and hopefully Marshall will end up directing a few more in the series.

• Upvote 1

I really hope so too. He's got a real eye for the action scenes, and by all accounts he's got a knack at making the budget stretch further than anticipated. Which definitely showed with this episode; personally I thought that looked better than most films.

Even something as simple as...

The scene where Cersei tells the story to her son whilst sat on the iron throne, the use of smoke in the extinguished pyres gave the scene a great, ominous appearance.

• Upvote 1

I still didn't get why Mandon (?):

had a pop at the little lord, was it under joffos instruction? Or just because he's a massive massive cunt?

Must be either under the orders of Joffrey or Cersei (my money is on the latter). The scene in the bar before the battle felt out of place. Why would the Hound suddenly decide to start a fight with Bronn? But it makes sense in the context that if they were also planning to kill the Imp during the battle, they should kill Tyrion's bodyguard first.

I think they'd make a far bigger scene of Tyrion dying considering he's the show's lead now. The slice did go all the way across his face, but I'm pretty sure he'll be back next episode with a cool scar. Loved his horror watching the ships burn (with the vaguely mushroom cloud-ish explosion) and Joffrey's wimpering when he thought all was lost - hopefully his granddad will give him a ticking off next week for his cowardice.

Yeah, I reckon if he was going to get killed, his head would have been removed at the least*. A cut to the face was no way to go out, and was reminiscent of his hammer to the head injury that knocked him out at the start of the battle at the end of season 1.

Also, with Granddad Tywin, there are certainly two sides to him. The dominating, head of the family you see on screen, and the utterly ruthless cunt you hear about from Tyrion's stories. On-screen Tymin would just chastise Joffrey for all of his failings. Off-screen Tywin would cleave the little fuck in two.

*Holy fuck at the violence in this episode. The dude next to Stannis who gets splatted by a rock. The dude who has half his head chopped off. Another dude getting cut in two.

The Rains of Castamere from the Season 2 soundtrack, (episode 9 spoiler)

as sung by Bronn and friends at the start of the episode, and used over the end credits.

Previously posted North of the Wall:

(Highly recommended NOT to go to the youtube page, as the comments are full of spoilers. Play embedded.)

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOfTvtWYBek

To give it some background, the song is about Tywin Lannister's crushing defeat of House Reyne of Castamere, after they rebelled against Tywin's father. To restore Lannister pride, Tywin put Castamere to the torch and executed the entirety of House Reyne.

The lyrics are

And who are you, the proud lord said,

that I must bow so low?

Only a cat of a different coat,

that's all the truth I know.

In a coat of gold or a coat of red,

a lion still has claws,

And mine are long and sharp, my lord,

as long and sharp as yours.

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,

that lord of Castamere,

But now the rains weep o'er his hall,

with no one there to hear.

Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,

and not a soul to hear.

Lorath. I don't think it's mentioned before, Tyrion just acknowledges she's foreign and Cersei recognises her accent. I don't think Lorath has been mentioned before, either.

Jaqen H'ghar is from Lorath too, not sure if he mentions that though. The city doesn't appear on HBO's interactive map, but it's east of Braavos, along Essos' northern coast.