rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

2 hours ago, Timbuktu said:

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/personal-history/emilia-clarke-a-battle-for-my-life-brain-aneurysm-surgery-game-of-thrones

A Battle for My Life

I had just finished filming Season 1 of “Game of Thrones.” Then I was struck with the first of two aneurysms.

By Emilia Clarke

EmiliaClarke-PersonalEssay-Story.jpg

Sounds terrifying and a lot of sympathy for her.  I’m glad that it’s behind her though and she gets to tell the story like this rather than being told as part of the GoT paparazzi.

That photograph is beautiful.

• Upvote 1

This is not a popular view on here, but I really like Emilia Clarke as an actor. She was fantastic in Solo, and she’s great in GoT, too. Reading about her aneurysm was heartbreaking.

• Upvote 7

10 hours ago, K said:

This is not a popular view on here, but I really like Emilia Clarke as an actor. She was fantastic in Solo, and she’s great in GoT, too. Reading about her aneurysm was heartbreaking.

Yep I would go with this as well.  She was not so great as Sarah Connor but the whole film was shite anyways so not going to judge her on that.  Just finished a rewatch of GOT ready for the final season, and she really grows into the role especially in the last couple of seasons.  Final episode where they all meet she definitely outacts Lena Headley in the regal stakes.  Hope Danerys makes it to the end, but I have real doubts she will.:(

• Upvote 2

There is a Game of Thrones quiz show on sky 1 now that I worked on last year. Check it out if like GoT and panel shows.

Started 15mins ago, but that was probably mostly just intro chat.

On 22/03/2019 at 10:07, K said:

On 22/03/2019 at 10:15, Delargey said:

I'd like to see her do more comedic roles. 

Find and watch Me After You. Based on novels, but I feel the part was almost written for her style.  

• Upvote 3

With only two weeks until the final season starts, the HBO PR machine is kicking up a gear.

Found this Guardian article with ten of the actors discuss how the show has changed their lives, really interesting.

Of course, if anyone is not upto date with the show, best not to read it as there are spoilers of the previous season's stories plots as the actors discuss their characters.

13 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Did that come out yesterday? They wouldn't release something that spoiler-y with any seriousness, surely? 

Very suspicious. I agree, it is either a really strange spoiler or a red herring.

I had hoped that NowTV would be streaming in 1080p by now. So, I’m thinking of just buying the episodes on iTunes each week. Does anyone know if they are available to buy on the day of transmission, ie episode one is in iTunes on Monday?

If anyone is after a recap, I just watched a decent one via Sky Atlantic called Game Of Thrones: The Story So Far. It goes over the whole show and has minor cast and z list celebrity fans discussing their thoughts as it goes along.

Was about an hour and a half long.

ONE FUCKING DAY. 

Remember when it was two years?? No, me neither. 

I think we’re going to subscribe to Now TV for two months to watch it, as the first month is free, and we can watch the full Formula 1 on it too. 

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, jonamok said:

I thought this season was less episodes but they were all 90 mins or so? But Ep 1 is about 65 minutes according to the EPG.

The episode time lengths have been confirmed below, will put them in spoiler tags incase anyone doesn't want to know:

Spoiler

Episode 1: 54 minutes

Episode 2: 58 minutes

Episode 3: 1 hour, 22 minutes

Episode 4: 1 hour, 18 minutes

Episode 5: 1 hour, 20 minutes

Episode 6: 1 hour, 20 minutes

Even though this season has fewer episodes as the previous seasons, in total run time, despite having one fewer episode, the final season runtime is 432 minutes, season seven's is 440 minutes which had seven episodes.

HTH

• Upvote 1

35 minutes ago, NexivRed said:

ONE FUCKING DAY. 

Remember when it was two years?? No, me neither. 

I just hope fast travel is reduced. The last episodes of the previous season had some serious flaws. 

Just finished the 90-minute catch up show. Not only is it an excellent summary, and reminded me of a few bits I’d forgotten, but it has got me seriously fucking hyped.

Aaagggghhhhh!!!!!

• Upvote 2

My plan was to do a full re-watch of this then binge the final season in time for the final episode. But, I know there' just going to be too many spoilers. Managed 6 seasons so far and starting Season 7 right now. Hoping to get at least 5 eps of that done then I can watch final 2 plus new ep tomorrow night

The missus and I also watched the catch up last night. My Now TV box is arriving tomorrow with a 2 month Entertainment pass. This is the first time I'll be watching it as it airs, as previously I've just waited for the Blu Ray boxsets, but screw doing that this time. The hype is too strong. :omg::omg::omg:

My predictions for S8, quoted from when I made them last year, after I'd watched S7:

Spoiler

Cersei's baby will be a dwarf or deformed in some way as a result of her incest. I'm not sure how this will affect her relationship with Tyrion.

Jaime will die somehow as a result of defending Cersei, or alternatively he'll die on her orders.

Dany will die giving birth to John's son, the last Targaryen and The Stallion Who Mounts the World.

Jorah is definitely going to go at some point. He might even do something to betray Jon because of his love for Dany.

Pretty sure Sansa is going to go, leaving Arya Warden of the North.

Bran will arrange for the Children of the Forest to help in the battle with the dead.

The Hound will die battling The Mountain, then Tormund will finish him off.

Zombie dragon and regular dragons will all kill each other.

Yara will kill Euron, but Theon will die.

Rewatched all of S7 this weekend, such an awesome show. You have to wonder how it might transform cinema if they premiered it on the big screen, it deserves to be seen that way