rllmuk
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

23 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

Well, I acquired my version from the high seas, and people already know my views on such things. Decent first episode though.  I had to laugh at the end.  I watched it with my brother, "I thought we were going to go a whole episode without seeing any tits," he said.

30 seconds later ... "You wanted tits, bro." :lol:

13043754_1018286224891056_81238728213548

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scouser_In_Exile said:

Brienne who slit a guy's throat as he was trapped under a horse? That Brienne?

I am reminded of the most famous fight scene in the Chronicles of Amber books. Very minor spoiler for the Amber books, if you haven't read them (and you should, they're great):

Spoiler

Corwin, the central character, is riding to war. He's tired and his side are losing and he has a bigger mission to do than this skirmish. He meets Borel, who he's never heard of, but who desperately wants to fight Corwin (who is a legendary warrior.) 

Borel asks "are you armoured?" Corwin says no, and slaps his chest, proving there is no hidden chain mail. Borel nods and slowly takes off his plate mail armour so they can fight fairly. Corwin immediately jumps on his horse and runs off. Borel, dismayed, gives chase, shouting that Corwin is a coward. Corwin rides down into a narrow gully, then jumps off his horse and spreads his cloak over the gully behind him. Borel rides right into it, getting tangled up and falling off his horse. Then this happens:

Drawing Grayswandir [Corwin's sword], I leaped after him. I caught him just as he had brushed my cloak aside and was struggling to rise. I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"Oh, basely done!" he cried. "I had hoped for better of thee!"

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

8 hours ago, K said:

I reckon Brienne is definitely the toughest. Ned Stark battered Jaime Lannister in his prime, so I seriously doubt Jaime would be much cop burdened with C3PO's missing gold hand. Bronn is wily, but has he ever defeated anyone who's famously powerful? He killed that guy in the Eyrie in series 1, but I can't think of much else he's done (although I've probably forgotten something incredible he's done since then). Brienne absolutely knacked the Hound, admittedly while he was burdened by a neck wound. Given that the Hound is meant to be this legendary warrior, she must currently be the hardest person in Westeros, pending The Mountain coming back from injury.

If nothing else, Gwendoline Christie is definitely the best actor in GoT. She could win a fight by just making her opponent think she's won.

The mountain is already back from death injury, at least as back as he's ever going to be.

31 minutes ago, DocG said:

I am reminded of the most famous fight scene in the Chronicles of Amber books. Very minor spoiler for the Amber books, if you haven't read them (and you should, they're great):

Hide contents

Corwin, the central character, is riding to war. He's tired and his side are losing and he has a bigger mission to do than this skirmish. He meets Borel, who he's never heard of, but who desperately wants to fight Corwin (who is a legendary warrior.) 

Borel asks "are you armoured?" Corwin says no, and slaps his chest, proving there is no hidden chain mail. Borel nods and slowly takes off his plate mail armour so they can fight fairly. Corwin immediately jumps on his horse and runs off. Borel, dismayed, gives chase, shouting that Corwin is a coward. Corwin rides down into a narrow gully, then jumps off his horse and spreads his cloak over the gully behind him. Borel rides right into it, getting tangled up and falling off his horse. Then this happens:

Drawing Grayswandir [Corwin's sword], I leaped after him. I caught him just as he had brushed my cloak aside and was struggling to rise. I skewered him where he sat and saw the startled expression on his face as the wound began to flame.

"Oh, basely done!" he cried. "I had hoped for better of thee!"

"This isn't exactly the Olympic Games," I said, brushing some sparks from my cloak.

Eh you wut? 

Christ Dorn is shit, and the Sandsnakes are shit, and whatever the fuck was going on with two of them and Prince wotsit was shit. The entire principality seems to be a garden centre somewhere near Camber Sands.

Great episode otherwise though.

• Upvote 5

On 26 April 2016 at 10:46 PM, Jonny5 said:

What about Bran, what the fuck is he up to?  And that blacksmith's son/heir to the throne who rowed off in a little boat a few seasons back?  

I think Cersei is going to lose her shit this season and Frankenmountain will be fucking some people up.  Why hasn't the king got his wife out of the church's dungeons yet either?  So many questions, so many things I've missed/forgotten from last season.

I agree with the Cersei and Tomin point. I really don't understand why the huge Lannister army hasn't defended on the Sparrows.

13 minutes ago, Mr Cochese said:

The Sparrows have massive public support. The city is pretty much on the brink of open revolt.

Yep, Cersei arming them was one of the most insanely idiotic things I've ever seen. Right up there with Robb Stark's 'I'll just welch on my marriage to a Frey, I'm sure that won't piss them off.' 

• Upvote 5

It's still a bit much that the Sparrow can hold the Queen and Queen Mother on hearsay. This is partly due to Tommens weakness - Joffery, little bastard that he was - would have had the Kingsguard cutting open the High Sparrow in short order and the army murdering sympathisers.

On 29/04/2016 at 4:52 PM, Thunder Monk said:

I agree with the Cersei and Tomin point. I really don't understand why the huge Lannister army hasn't defended on the Sparrows.

did the angry Lannister Uncle take his army and fuck off back to Castle-y Rock after Cersi gave him a load of lip?

best quote

That's what I do. I drink and I know things 

also

Frankenmountain is going to mash the sparrows to a pulp isn't he?

• Upvote 1

In the pub last night I had a discussion with a mate over...

Spoiler

who would be the next 'main' character to die. I called Roose Bolton but I didn't expect it to be so soon!

I'm a little surprised...

Not by the deaths, but by people being shocked. Roose has been waving a massive death flag from the moment he had a baby on the way. That death flag became bigger when they said it might be a boy. And became even bigger as he used that baby as a threat over Ramsay's head. His death was about as shocking as Prince "Oh, let me turn by back on this person who wants to kill me. Oh no, I got stabbed by her" Idiot.

Fast forwarded through the aftermath after Ramsay issued the order to say his father was poisoned. I assumed he'd off his brother in a brutal way, probably hound related. Judging from what people have said, he gave them death by dog.

Everything is moving along pretty quickly at the moment.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 9