rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Well he's quickly established himself as the most senior living relative to the guy who informed all involved to Stannis's true claim. So he's someone that the guy with the most powerful army in the non-zombie north will want to keep close.

I hope I don't get shit for this but Janos Slynt tells Alliser Thorne that he is only acting commander. He says that Jon Snow seems well liked and that he should consider granting Jon Snow's request to take out the mutineers hoping that the mutineers take care of Jon, or they may be taking orders from him.

EDIT:

I'll add a video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b6-gm4N53bA

If Scottish independence goes through do you think we'll get a giant ice wall out of the deal. Rodders from the thread in Off-Topic is probably already fling in the application form for Lord Commander.

In which case bagsy being Gin Alley's favourite son, Karl Fookin' Tanner.

WTF is "Onion" Knight all about anyway? Maybe it was explained and I forgot.

Did anyone else notice that when Jon Snow was burning Ygritte's funeral pyre, there was another of those white-bark-red-leaf trees in the foreground? And to think Bran has made poor Hodor carry him hundreds of miles north when there was one right next to the wall.

It's a heart tree. There are three main religions in Westeros, you have the dominant one which is the seven new gods (the mother, the warrior, the smith, the crone and so on, it's been mentioned multiple times in the show) which is practiced in all of the kingdoms except The North. There is the religion of the god of light, which is Stannis' and Melisandre's thing where they keep setting people on fire and there is the religion of the old gods which is practiced in The North.

The seven new gods are worshiped in a sept, one of which is a the place where Jamie raped fucked Cersei, the old gods of the north are worshiped at a heart tree, in a godswood. There is such a tree in Winterfell which is shown in the opening credits of the show every week. The one at the wall is where Jon Snow and Sam went to take their vows. There is one in Kings Landing too, Sansa has been there a few times during the course of the show.

WTF is "Onion" Knight all about anyway? Maybe it was explained and I forgot.

It comes from before the events of the show started. When Robert took the throne from the Targaryens he was assisted by Stannis (his brother) and Ned (his friend) and at one point Stannis was under siege at a coastal castle (Storms End) and was on the point of being starved out until Davos smuggled supplies into the castle which kept Stannis' army alive for long enough to allow Ned to sweep in from the rear and win the battle. Basically it's why Davos has a position of trust in Stannis' inner circle.

• Upvote 2

It just occurred to me that, with all those trees around, the wildlings (or the Walkers) could just build some stairs up and over the wall.

looks like someone here's read the books, guys.

• Upvote 2

Dude, they made it clear in the same episode that Stannis got a massive loan when the Onion Knight was flashing gold around in the sex spa.

• Upvote 1

Whats the deal with Alliser Thorne? is he teh ded? I was expecting to see him on the mass funeral prier in Castle Black?

Someone was asking why Tyrion went to see Tywin after Jamie had busted him from the clink (this is book chat but natch that time has passed and it does not fuck anything up)

In the book Jamie tells Tyrion that his first wife Tysha was not a whore and that was just some bullshit Tywin cooked up... this results in Tyrion and Jamie kicking off with each other and then Tyrion going looking for his dad via the secret passages of the castle and then turning his anger up to 11 when he sees Shae there too

• Upvote 1

The situation in this thread reminds me of Star Trek and the prime directive.

Yes, we are not as advanced as those who have received the "Knowledge of the Gods" and I am sure that our blind scramblings in the dark create a feeling of pity and frustration when we are visited by those from a much more advanced culture.

However, we have to be left alone to develop at our own pace as otherwise heartbreak will ensue.

Please see also :"No Book Chat. None. The Books don't exist."

• Upvote 8

what's wrong with book spoilers if they are clearly marked as such?

obviously if they aren't clearly marked as book spoilers the poster should be subjected to a Brienne finishing move (sword blade up genitals through torso).

• Upvote 1

what's wrong with book spoilers if they are clearly marked as such?

It's bad form because sometimes people balls up spoiler tags/ don't make it clear it's a book spoiler, and it's easier to handle discussing stuff that would spoil show-watchers without literally everything the book-readers writing being in spoiler tags. But for sake of argument let's run an experiment and see how many negs I get. In the spoiler tags below is a list of every major character who dies between the end of the show and the end of the books.

What do you think I am, retarded? NO BOOK SPOILERS. Why did you click on this you buffoon?

• Upvote 5

I don't know about winter coming but this is going to be a very long summer and autumn if all this thread consists of is people trying to discuss the books DESPITE THE TITLE OF THE THREAD.

Its not that hard folks is it ?

• Upvote 5

Yeah. I dont think people in here want ANY book spoilers/comparisions.

They might want to read the books at some point.

It's bad form because sometimes people balls up spoiler tags/ don't make it clear it's a book spoiler, and it's easier to handle discussing stuff that would spoil show-watchers without literally everything the book-readers writing being in spoiler tags.

Fair enough and as people say there is a thread for the things that don't exist.

What do you think I am, retarded? NO BOOK SPOILERS. Why did you click on this you buffoon?

Book-tease.

See, I know a lot of book readers have this smug assumption that we are somehow disadvantaged by not having read the books. Like they've found some hidden chest of ancient tomes on some mountain and they must impart their wisdom on the uneducated masses that they pity so.

But they're not. You can buy them in a fucking services station for a couple of quid.

I CHOOSE not to read the books because I like not knowing what's going to happen. In fact it is I who pity them for having a constant "oh that didn't happen like that in the books" monologue rattling around their heads when they're watching the show.

I'll use my reading time to enjoy something other than dragons and swords thanks and I'll continue enjoying this thread and the TV show free of any book talk. It's not as if there isn't a WHOLE OTHER THREAD dedicated to the books or anything.

I agree there should be no book spoilers in this thread the two threads should be seperate but I would not be proud of this post you come of looking very foolish in my eyes and very smug.

• Upvote 3

Whats the deal with Alliser Thorne? is he teh ded? I was expecting to see him on the mass funeral prier in Castle Black?

He didn't die on-screen, he was wounded across the belly by Tormund and dragged away by Night's Watch.

Medical knowledge from fiction tells me it takes hours to die from a wound like that, so I imagine he's recuperating after having been stitched back together.

Someone was asking why Tyrion went to see Tywin after Jamie had busted him from the clink (this is book chat but natch that time has passed and it does not fuck anything up)

In the book Jamie tells Tyrion that his first wife Tysha was not a whore and that was just some bullshit Tywin cooked up... this results in Tyrion and Jamie kicking off with each other and then Tyrion going looking for his dad via the secret passages of the castle and then turning his anger up to 11 when he sees Shae there too

Holy shit. NO BOOK CHAT. it's not rocket science. Don't be an arse.

Just because something in the books hadn't happened in the show might just mean it hasn't happened YET, but we don't know, it might not happen at all, or it could get used in the future as a big point. So don't wreck it.

I enjoyed the fan fic, but kinda wish I was coming to the TV show clean without knowing what's going to happen.

• Upvote 1

See, I know a lot of book readers have this smug assumption that we are somehow disadvantaged by not having read the books. Like they've found some hidden chest of ancient tomes on some mountain and they must impart their wisdom on the uneducated masses that they pity so.

But they're not. You can buy them in a fucking services station for a couple of quid.

I CHOOSE not to read the books because I like not knowing what's going to happen. In fact it is I who pity them for having a constant "oh that didn't happen like that in the books" monologue rattling around their heads when they're watching the show.

I'll use my reading time to enjoy something other than dragons and swords thanks and I'll continue enjoying this thread and the TV show free of any book talk. It's not as if there isn't a WHOLE OTHER THREAD dedicated to the books or anything.

Being a smug cunt is definitely the best way to accuse other people of behaving like smug cunts.

• Upvote 4

He didn't die on-screen, he was wounded across the belly by Tormund and dragged away by Night's Watch.

Medical knowledge from fiction tells me it takes hours to die from a wound like that, so I imagine he's recuperating after having been stitched back together.

I thought I saw him standing with the the maester when they were burning the bodies.