Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

It's cunt week on Game of Thrones!

Anyone got the horrible feeling that the incredible attack on King's Landing will be a group of soldiers yelling as they run towards the keep, and then a fade out to the bloody aftermath?

I have a feeling that we're going to be talking about the TV version of Helm's Deep from LOTR after the next ep! :D

Bastards have no rights. None. Unless they somehow got backing by loyalists. They are no threat.

However, every bastard of Roberts was black of hair, and there is a rumour going about the prince and princesses are the product of incest. People might think... So they get killed by Joffs. Well that and he is an inhuman monster.

Thoughts.. (ep 8)

On why Jamie Lannister was released? I swear she's the most annoying character in the whole show.

I dunno, the things he says at end of S1 and in the episode you mention shed a lot of light on just how ridiculous all this highborn bullshit is for me. He seems like one of the few characters who isn't in total denial about it and does what he wants.

Bastards have no rights. None. Unless they somehow got backing by loyalists. They are no threat.

Indeed. The bastards serve to back up the incest claims - "This is what a REAL child of Robert Baratheon looks like," they could say. Also, bastards can be legitimised by royal decree. Since the rightful king is dead with no trueborn heirs, I imagine there would be some leeway in letting a bastard take the throne, since there's no one around to legitimise him.

Of course, it doesn't seem like Robert Baratheon had many people he could trust, so it's highly unlikely any high lords with military strength would ever back one of his bastards to take the throne.

I think from what we've seen in the show, though, that killing the bastards was all down to Joffrey being a cunt. Probably disgusted by his "father's" sordid sexual escapades. It's not clear if he knows he's the child of incest.

Just because he doesn't have trueborn children doesn't mean he hasn't got an heir - by rights, the throne is Stannis', the next eldest brother.

Aye, I'll be wearing the "Team Stannis" T-Shirt - he's pure Iron Throne material: he never smiles, he has a spooky-fit-witch lover, and a Smoky-Monster-Minge-Baby for an heir. Oh, and the awesome Davos the Onion Knight as the ironically named Hand of the King (since Stannis carved off one handful of fingers).

What could possibly go wrong?

• Upvote 4

Judging from Stannis' little speech about

how he did Robert's bidding because he was the rightful king

I'd hazard a guess that once he discovers Robert has a son he'll stand aside.

With only two episodes left, I'm not looking forward to yet another inevitable year long cliff-hanger.

Stannis may have an interest in Robert's bastard children, as they would help prove his brother never fathered a child with Cersei. I imagine he would try to find and protect them, where he learns of their existence, but for his own selfish reasons of course.

Great to see Varys back.

So many wonderful scenes in this weeks. Too many to mention I think.

Love how they now know about the dragons - I wish they'd hurry up and get big. I want to see some fucking dragon carnage.

'One game at a time'

• Upvote 1

Aside from the Tyrion scenes with Cercei, and his lovely whore Shae, this show has went to absolute shit. Honestly, what the fuck. It's like everyone has turned into a full-on mental retard - except Tyrion and Cercei, obviously.

That massive bitch who SWORE FEALTY to Cat makes me laugh so much whenever she talks. God, I hope she dies - like I hope happens to most characters in the show at the moment. It's terrible and boring.

• Downvote 26

Meh continued to watch Battlestar for 4 years after he declared it worse than cancer, and continued to post about it during that entire period every single time anyone posted in the thread.

Every. Single. Time.

For FOUR YEARS.

This is only the beginning my Throne friends.

• Upvote 5

I started watching this last week and have just finished the first season. Absolutely brilliant!

First season spoilers

Gutted about Ned but it felt inevitable, especially after reading the Sean Bean thread :facepalm:

I think I'd have been really shocked if I hadn't already know it was likely to end badly.

I am really hoping that Ayra's 'dancing' teacher is alive. I like that it was left open.

This thing is pretty brutal and I quite like the way that anyone can die. So many characters that I assumed would be in it for ages ended up dying! I am a little disappointed that we didn't see more of Kahl Drogo in action.

I adore the opening credits.

I love the wall.

I have some concern about the dragons...but let's see what happens.

Overall, this is just brilliant. I just wish it had been going for 5 or 6 years as I am blazing through it and want more, more more!

Judging from Stannis' little speech about

how he did Robert's bidding because he was the rightful king

I'd hazard a guess that once he discovers Robert has a son he'll stand aside.

With only two episodes left, I'm not looking forward to yet another inevitable year long cliff-hanger.

more than a year im afrad, the next series is spring 2014!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!