Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

Well that were a great episode... It's taken me a while this time round to get into the lack of single strong character like Seen Been but it's shaping up well.

Every single scene with Charles Dance is an utter joy. Ie a feeling he's going to find out who Arya is, and she'll kill him.

I also reckoned that Cat intends to cut out Jaime's tongue.

And there's no way that was Bran.

I miss scenes with the spider though...

• Upvote 2

What was going on at the end of that scene with Tyrion and Cersei?

Quoted from one of the other threads:

The way the last episode goes some way to humanize Cersei, and Tyrion going to comfort her and them both hesitating I thought was excellent.

My own interpretation was that the two of them had just come to some sort of mutual understanding that Joffrey should probably be thrown from the top of the tallest tower as soon as humanly possible. Maybe that's just me being overly optimistic though.

Wasn't the strongest episode of the season. Mostly because the

bran / rickon stuff was fairy well sign posted.

But i really can't understand Cat's motivations behind

releasing Jamie

It is pottering along really isn't it. Considering that Stannis is almost at King's Landing, it doesn't really feel like shit's about to go down. Perhaps this is because the Lannisters are seemingly still in denial about the whole thing. I expect by the next episode, people will be shitting themselves appropriately though.

But i really can't understand Cat's motivations behind

releasing Jamie

If Robb had executed him, there goes a hard-won bargaining chip. If he hadn't, the camp would've been bitterly divided, to the point of rebelling perhaps. She saved him a hard decision, I don't think it was just about the girls.

It is pottering along really isn't it. Considering that Stannis is almost at King's Landing, it doesn't really feel like shit's about to go down. Perhaps this is because the Lannisters are seemingly still in denial about the whole thing. I expect by the next episode, people will be shitting themselves appropriately though.

If Robb had executed him, there goes a hard-won bargaining chip. If he hadn't, the camp would've been bitterly divided, to the point of rebelling perhaps. She saved him a hard decision, I don't think it was just about the girls.

Hrm, i hadn't thought about it that way.

She looked pretty distressed during the scene with Robb hence i wasn't really considering her taking the more logical stance.

Well, I tend to swing opposite to much opinion in here, but that was hands down the best episode this series. All of the scenes were beautifully written and incredibly well shot and scored. All of the acting was spot on, and even the usually weaker performers were great.

So, there weren't any big twists or major plot elements, what there was was pure character development. Every single player in the grand game was moved forward in their story, and in significant, emotional ways. A fantastic juggling job by everyone involved.

Loved it: 9/10.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Also, i've got even more of a boner for her after hearing her speak:

I think I said it in one of the other threads which totally don't exist, but I was sure when the interviewer said 'It's a very physical series for a lot of the characters, is that going to be the case for you?', he was talking about getting her tits out, so my heart leapt when she said 'Oh, I hope so!'.

Wishful thinking, though, she just wants to use a bow <_<

Also, i've got even more of a boner for her after hearing her speak:

She sounds like one of Pippa Middleton's entourage. DIssapointing. :(

I'll take her Northern Ygritte potty-mouth over Made in Chelsea lovey any day.

This week was pretty good, particularly the scenes between Theon and his sister and Tyrion (as usual). Wasn't so impressed by

the dull as dishwater scenes between Rob and Charlie Chaplin. And I agree with Double-O about Cat. She's annoyed me from Season 1, too am-dram.

Felt more bitty than usual Danerys, Arya and Bran getting about three-minutes plot-time combined, I presume all these different scenarios have hours more exposition that was filmed and it gets cut to shreds to squeeze it in. I reckon they could easily extend to a few more episodes per season and the pacing would improve. Like someone said, Dany's bits feel like an embedded spin-off series at the moment.

Still the best thing on TV by miles though. Hope they release an extended edition one day.

This episode was all about the Chaplin girl. Lovely ass and she kept her boots on. :wub:

Disappointed with the strategically covering of the boobs though. Let's see those tatas.

There was a short interview with GRRM on Radio 4's Front Row just now. Interesting hearing what he had to say about the Vietnam war, amongst other things. Presumably it'll be up on iPlayer in a short while.

Did it ever get definitively resolved who killed the first hand of the King, why investigating the bastard with the bull helm was so politically dodgy, and who sent the guy with the knife to silence Bran? I forget whether we know for sure if it was the Lannisters, or if there is a deeper mystery or someone else stirring up trouble somewhere. I am also not sure whether Catlyn is playing a deeper game by freeing The Kingslayer.

Did it ever get definitively resolved

1) who killed the first hand of the King,

2) why investigating the bastard with the bull helm was so politically dodgy, and

3) who sent the guy with the knife to silence Bran?

I forget whether we know for sure if it was the Lannisters, or if there is a deeper mystery or someone else stirring up trouble somewhere. I am also not sure whether Catlyn is playing a deeper game by freeing The Kingslayer.

1) Can't remember.

2) He's Robert's son. The 'royal children' aren't. Anybody looking into Robert's bastards would come across Gendry (with the helm). Because Robert's bastards are sons of the former king, and Joffrey, Myrcella and Tommen aren't, the bastards have a better claim to the throne- someone who had a vested interest in getting/ keeping Joff on the throne may want to be rid of the bastards, or at least stop anyone from knowing who and where they are. Also, seeing all the bastards makes it really obvious that J, M and T aren't Robert's children; all Baratheon kids have black hair. 'The seed is strong', as Jon Arryn said on his deathbed.

3) No.

Thoughts.. (ep 8)

On why Jamie Lannister was released? I swear she's the most annoying character in the whole show.

I thought this was made pretty clear in the show

After Jamie killed the Karstark boy, the father was out for revenge and wanted Jamie dead. While Rob was gone the men were getting agitated, and as the drink flowed it was only a matter of time before one of them took it upon themselves to kill Jamie. There was a line about him 'not making through the night'.

If Jamie was killed Kat would have no chance of seeing her Daughters again, so she freed him, in the hope that it would secure her daughters safety.

Did it ever get definitively resolved who killed the first hand of the King, why investigating the bastard with the bull helm was so politically dodgy, and who sent the guy with the knife to silence Bran? I forget whether we know for sure if it was the Lannisters, or if there is a deeper mystery or someone else stirring up trouble somewhere. I am also not sure whether Catlyn is playing a deeper game by freeing The Kingslayer.

I've just started re-watching season 1, so can answer these.

1. It's alluded that the original Hand was killed by his squire, with a rare and expensive poison. Sean Bean makes the comments that poison is a woman weapon, suggesting the Queen was behind it. (As a recap, the squire was knighted shortly after the Hand died and also somehow came into money. He was 'unlucky' to draw the Mountain in the Hand's tournament, and ended up with a lance through his throat).

2. The king having bastard sons would always be an issue, as they would legitimately be in line to the throne. It is made more of an issue, as Joffrey isn't a true heir, due to not being the King's offspring. The eldest bastard would be the true heir after King Robert's death.

3. Not ever known for certain.

It's cunt week on Game of Thrones!

Anyone got the horrible feeling that the incredible attack on King's Landing will be a group of soldiers yelling as they run towards the keep, and then a fade out to the bloody aftermath?

It's cunt week on Game of Thrones!

Anyone got the horrible feeling that the incredible attack on King's Landing will be a group of soldiers yelling as they run towards the keep, and then a fade out to the bloody aftermath?

A friend posted on Facebook saying that

production spoiler

it took a month to film the war episode

I have no idea how true that is though!

Also...

Production spoiler (doesn't mention any specific events that happen in the show)

The producers were able to negotiate a bigger budget for the episode to allow them to show the events that take place.