Daley

Game of Thrones - No Book Chat. NONE. The Books don't exist.

I don't understand why Arya's not immediately used one of her three names to bump off Tywin Lannister - has there been any hint as to why that I've missed?

I mean, I'm glad she hasn't done so because those scenes are so good, but what with her eavesdropping on the latest news of Robb from the meetings in Tywin's chambers and her secretiveness in taking the note (name #2 was a brilliant bit of telly :lol:) surely she knows that offing him would go a long way toward helping Robb win the war?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Crossed my mind too. Maybe it hasn't occured to her. Yet.

Despite the contrived nature of the situation ("oh right the leader of one lot has his enemies sister accidentally selected as his maid") I can forgive them as the scenes have been TV gold.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I think it's because she's thinking like a child, i.e. "such-and-such has been a nasty man right in front of me" whereas Tywin's being pragmatic and a tactician, not lopping people's heads off in front of her, or about to expose her secret.

I don't understand why Arya's not immediately used one of her three names to bump off Tywin Lannister - has there been any hint as to why that I've missed?

I mean, I'm glad she hasn't done so because those scenes are so good, but what with her eavesdropping on the latest news of Robb from the meetings in Tywin's chambers and her secretiveness in taking the note (name #2 was a brilliant bit of telly :lol:) surely she knows that offing him would go a long way toward helping Robb win the war?

I think she's a bit confused. She likes the old bugger, he is an honourable man (of sorts) that just wants whats best for his family. If Ned had been a bit more like that then they'd probably all have still been together..

I'm looking forward to Janos Slynt arriving oop north. Kinda got the feeling that he may run into Stannos' fleet though..

I hope Tywin isn't killed off by Arya with one of those "wishes", if you like. His scenes have so far been some of the best of the second season imo.

Spoilered just in case - does it need a spoiler? Better to be safe than sorry, it's relating to episode 7. No book talk.

So those 2 bodies that were burning at the end of episode 7.... workmate of mine came in the other day close to tears that they'd killed off Bran. I'm not so sure it's him. I know that the creators aren't scared of killing people off, but it feels like that would be a step too far. It would almost certainly guarantee the end of Theon too when the rest of the Stark clan come back and rip his head off! Given these wolfy-visions and dreams he's having too, it'd feel like we've missed a big trick there.

I hope Tywin isn't killed off by Arya with one of those "wishes", if you like. His scenes have so far been some of the best of the second season imo.

Spoilered just in case - does it need a spoiler? Better to be safe than sorry, it's relating to episode 7. No book talk.

So those 2 bodies that were burning at the end of episode 7.... workmate of mine came in the other day close to tears that they'd killed off Bran. I'm not so sure it's him. I know that the creators aren't scared of killing people off, but it feels like that would be a step too far. It would almost certainly guarantee the end of Theon too when the rest of the Stark clan come back and rip his head off! Given these wolfy-visions and dreams he's having too, it'd feel like we've missed a big trick there.

No spoiler is needed. Spoilers only required on day following US transmission up to 8pm the following day, so Monday 8pm.

I don't know if that was the two Stark boys but Theon's reaction was interesting. Shocked by what he had done, or what his men had done. Either way he's fucked. I hope.

What would she achieve by killing him though? She’s still be separated from her family, he’s not the one who killed her Dad and she has a pretty sweet gig working for him. I thought it was a bit shit the way she had to waste a death-wish on that nobody.

If Tywin was found dead they'd probably execute everyone in the camp willy-nilly. I think she's saving one for Joffrey. The first name was to test if he was for real, and the second was only out of necessity.

Don't think we need spoilers given the last episode aired on Monday in the UK, but I'll keep the spoiler in this quote all the same.

It would almost certainly guarantee the end of Theon too when the rest of the Stark clan come back and rip his head off! Given these wolfy-visions and dreams he's having too, it'd feel like we've missed a big trick there.

I don't know about that, seems too obvious. Jamie is still alive after all. I think he will find some way to wriggle out of their hands, or become more useful to them alive than dead.

i assumed arya wants to kill tywin and joffrey herself. rather than wasting a wish.

plus i guess escape is a more the plan at the moment, if tywin is dead she'll just get bunged back in with all the shitty prisoners i guess.

and no way do i believe that was the two stark boys.

Well done for creating this thread.

I agree it is likely that the 2 burned bodies are the 2 boys that the Stark kid talked about earlier. Which would make Theon a bigger twat than ever – he’s so desperate to get some respect that he lies about who he has killed.

I am really curious to see where the Daenerys plotline goes. I am hoping they get across that sea soon! Although it is interesting I’d like to see those characters in the mix. I suppose it won’t happen till the dragons grow up.

Speaking of Dany's babies, I do hope we see a bit more of them soon. I imagine that GRRM is playing a long game, so dragons able to do anything useful in battle might still be a while away yet.

Seriously doubt they'd kill off Bran off screen. Can't think of a punishment good enough for Theon if he's done them in though. Actually, the transformation of Theon from comedy to embarrasment to cowardly evil doer has been rather rapid. He's like a trainee Joffrey without the conviction.

Don't think we need spoilers given the last episode aired on Monday in the UK, but I'll keep the spoiler in this quote all the same.

I don't know about that, seems too obvious. Jamie is still alive after all. I think he will find some way to wriggle out of their hands, or become more useful to them alive than dead.

The Starks want to keep him hostage for exchange with Sansa and Arya (the Starks don't know Ayra is 'missing'). I think Catelyn intends to escape the camp with him because some other families (Carstarks / Karstarks sp?) want him dead.

Yeah, I just don't buy it. Needed more screen time to sell that transformation. If they ever do a novelisation of this show, I hope it has lengthy descriptions that make Theon's arc more plausible.

239473_o.gif

• Upvote 5

The Starks want to keep him hostage for exchange with Sansa and Arya (the Starks don't know Ayra is 'missing'). I think Catelyn intends to escape the camp with him because some other families (Carstarks / Karstarks sp?) want him dead.

I was still talking about Theon. :P

Well done for creating this thread.

I agree it is likely that the 2 burned bodies are the 2 boys that the Stark kid talked about earlier. Which would make Theon a bigger twat than ever – he’s so desperate to get some respect that he lies about who he has killed.

I am really curious to see where the Daenerys plotline goes. I am hoping they get across that sea soon! Although it is interesting I’d like to see those characters in the mix. I suppose it won’t happen till the dragons grow up.

The little Stark boy even mentioned the two real victims, that he used to climb trees with them etc. No reason to include that bit of pointless exposition otherwise.

Aye. That was totally obvious.

The thing about this is that the men he was with would need to have known that it wasn't the stark boys, which would make the entire gesture a bit futile.

Unless of course they were pre-burned by Bran et al.

In which case: Damn

The thing about this is that the men he was with would need to have known that it wasn't the stark boys, which would make the entire gesture a bit futile.

Unless of course they were pre-burned by Bran et al.

In which case: Damn

I just assumed that he burnt the whole farm down (or the haystacks at least)....although, thinking about it, it wouldn't explain anything about Hodor and Tonks...

Catelyn, in her discussion with Littlefinger, makes the point that exchanging a lethal warrior, experienced commander and son of the leader of the enemy's forces for a couple of girls would be seen as weakness in Robb, much as Cat might want her daughters safe.

All we need is The Fox to post his awesome charater guide and someone to post a picture of Robb Stark and we are all set.

Aye might do that tomorrow. Still got two episodes to update I think.