League Cup - Season 27

rllmiukleaguebanner.gif

FA_Cup_Apps.JPG

Straight knock-out competition for all the leagues teams. No seedings, no groupings - one 7 minute match. Cross your fingers for an easy ties and play!

THE RULES

* 7 Minute half matches.

* You play your opponent once only.

* If match ends in a draw, a replay will be required.

* If the replay ends in a draw, extra time and penalties will be played.

* Match arrangements should be made by posting in this thread. People are welcome to PM their opponent as well, but make sure you post here too so I can tell who has made the effort to get a game done (if it goes unplayed!).

IMPORTANT:

For the League Cup, the game must be set up in a certain way to allow extra-time and penalties.

Via the FIFA menus if you go to Xbox Live > Custom Game > Invite Party Member selecting the option for 'extra-time and penalties' if the game ends in a draw.

Matches are to be reported via the website. Please go there to check who you are playing and report the result of your match!

There will be no extensions. Matches are to be played and reported by 3pm on the day the window closes. Matches not reported will be resolved by me, using the available information in this thread to come up with a suitable outcome.

THE SCHEDULE

Pre-lim:

Opens on 13/05/12

Closes on 03/06/12

1st Round:

Opens on 03/06/12

Closes on 17/06/12

Quarter Final:

Opens on 17/06/12

Closes on 01/07/12

Semi final:

Opens on 01/07/12

Closes on 08/07/12

Final:

Opens on 08/07/12

Closes on 15/07/12

When can you play Sith ? I might be about this afternoon or tomorrow afternoon. If not then I could play any night from Friday until next Wednesday at 10.30pm. Let me know what suits you best.

Saturday at 11.15PM?

Tottenham Hotspur (MardiganX) 6 - 3 Juventus (QuinPFC)

Adebayor (2), Bale, Lennon, Kaboul, OG

MOTM - Lennon

Absolutely end to end game this with Juventus taking an early lead through a nice cross and a header only for Spurs to pull it back to 3-1 with goals from Adebayor, Bale and Lennon. Adebayor headed home from a corner, Bale finished superbly following neat through ball and Lennon stole in following a short pass at the back to make it 3. Juventus pulled one back to make it 3-2 just before half time following some nice work on the edge of the box.

Juventus started the 2nd half the better team but it was Spurs who added to their lead. Kaboul heading home powerfully after a corner. Juventus fought back to make it 4-3 with 14 minutes remaining but Spurs got the killer blow 5 minutes later with Adebayor getting his 2nd of the match following a fantastic run and cross from Lennon on the right wing, which the big striker nodded home at the front post. Juventus looked defeated at this point and this was re-enforced in the 90th minute when Chiellini picked the ball up in his own box, turned, took a touch and rattled the ball into the roof of his own net. A bizarre end from Juventus in a match that was closely fought the whole way.

Excellent game mate. 2 teams going all out on the attack with some great end to end football. Bodes well for our league games ;) all the best.