IGNORED

Best new music this year 2012 edition

Stanley

Yea, that Woodkid track is immense. Will keep an eye on him.

Some from me

For a country as small as Iceland they seem to have quite a disproportionate amount of excellent music

Deep and graceful drum and bass. Just about all an ex-raver can deal with as the years creep up on me.

[media=]

80s retro filtered drums and farting synths

While the new boys are doing the above, 80s pop stars (Dave Gahan from Depeche Mode ) and laying their souls bare against huge western strings and country-tinged gospel. The whole album is glorious and probably my favourite of the year so far.

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu4xQi4EuRg

So, I did one of these last year and was recommended some great music, some that turned out to be my records of the year. So fire away - albums, singles, ep's, whatever you're listening to. Perhaps you'll turn some listeners on to something new and awesome.

Grimes - Visons

61XQyvG84%2BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

[media=]

almost all the new music i hear i discover through rllmuk. thanks dude, this is fucking amazing. i got the whole album and love it. i've finally found something better to fuck to than The XX.

ALSO:

Sharon Van Etten - Tramp

Anais Mitchell - Young Man in America

So having listened to these a lot in the last couple of weeks, they've both gone from honourable mentions to album of the year contenders. Surprising in Anais Mitchell's case as I wasn't really a fan of Hadestown.

[media=]

Most of the stuff I've liked this year has already been mentioned, including this guy, but I thought Actress deserved a bit of a sample.

Much like his last one, the new album's a bit uneven and has kind of a weird flow to it but it's of a consistently high quality and some of it is just gorgeous.

Actress' record is probably my favourite of the year, but don't hold me to that.

The new Gatekeeper LP is basically thirty minutes of lab-grade acid squelch, building up to some extraterrestrial EBM choral madness in the last track. I think I love it.