rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Lorfarius

The Spoiler-Filled Game of Thrones Book Readers Thread (Seriously Spoilers)

Despite Mormont sending Alliser Thorne to Kings Landing in the books, Tyrion left him waiting for an audience for so long, that the hand had rotted to nothing, so there was no proof to show. In the show, if I recall, Mormont just sent Alliser to Eastwatch to keep him out of Jon's way for a bit.

Continued from the show thread. Ep 7 predictions. Might be considered Ep 6 spoilers seeing as they didn't happen in 6 so are yet to come, so be warned.  

Spoiler

So what I want to see and think we'll have in Ep7: Jon finding out who he is. And I think the coolest way would be if Bran takes Jon, a la Max Von Sydow, to the tourney at Harrenhal, where he'll be told who his mother is and see her presented with the rose by Rhaegar....etc etc...fill in the blanks. 

I think it's likely as there's been speculation about including the tourney, and

Spoiler

someone is cast as Rhaegar already apparently,

but I'd love for it to be THIS season and the big final moment for Ep 7.

In regards to any vision'ing for this series, I reckon

it'll likely be Bran and Sam, rather than Jon, as Sam is going to Winterfell, or back to the wall, whereas it looks like Jon was on a boat with Dany, so I dont think they're going back to Winterfell just yet. More likely to be going back south with the zombie to show it off. We'll likely see the actual wedding/annulment mentioned in the last episode.

25 minutes ago, Mr Ben said:

In regards to any vision'ing for this series, I reckon

Hide contents

it'll likely be Bran and Sam, rather than Jon, as Sam is going to Winterfell, or back to the wall, whereas it looks like Jon was on a boat with Dany, so I dont think they're going back to Winterfell just yet. More likely to be going back south with the zombie to show it off. We'll likely see the actual wedding/annulment mentioned in the last episode.

Ep 6 stuff included:

Spoiler

We suspect zombie show will happen in King's Landing, but after that Jon sort of needs to get back to Winterfell to report on everything and get ready. Dany has said she'll help him. His work on Dragonstone is done. He needs to go back home like he wanted to in Ep5, and a Jon/sibling reunion would be suitable too. 

But yeah, whatever goes down in KL I don't think we're gonna see Jon either stay there or go back with Dany. He's got nowt to do over there. 

Is Sam really gonna ride that wagon all the way to Winterfell?? Surely not, that's over a month's journey. I wondered if he'd head home perhaps. He needs to find out about his Da and bro. 

That'll likely be on the way, as he popped by for a visit before going to Oldtown, but his final destination will likely be Winterfell. Next episode (7) is the finale, so its possible we'll have longer scenes, or more scenes of the same character or set of characters, allowing us to see Sam do a home visit as well as turn up at Winterfell (that fast travel is contagious afterall), and possibly more too. Hopefully.

2 hours ago, Mr Ben said:
  Hide contents

That'll likely be on the way, as he popped by for a visit before going to Oldtown, but his final destination will likely be Winterfell. Next episode (7) is the finale, so its possible we'll have longer scenes, or more scenes of the same character or set of characters, allowing us to see Sam do a home visit as well as turn up at Winterfell (that fast travel is contagious afterall), and possibly more too. Hopefully.

Thought there was 8 episodes this season?

Has it been defined what the mechanics of the Night King raising someone into a wight are? I mean, can he just turn generic dead soldier #3 who shat himself and died of fright into a wight or does he have to have killed them?

Episode 6 thoughts in the spoiler

I'm just wondering why Thoros didn't turn and can he (the NK) just leave all the dead on the northern side of the wall, fly over, kill a load of people and start a new army up on the other side. That way he doesn't have to go through the wall or around it.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Scruff said:

Has it been defined what the mechanics of the Night King raising someone into a wight are? I mean, can he just turn generic dead soldier #3 who shat himself and died of fright into a wight or does he have to have killed them?

Episode 6 thoughts in the spoiler

Hide contents

I'm just wondering why Thoros didn't turn and can he (the NK) just leave all the dead on the northern side of the wall, fly over, kill a load of people and start a new army up on the other side. That way he doesn't have to go through the wall or around it.

He can turn any random dead into a wight, regardless of who killed him.

Finale speculation based on watching the leaked episode:

Spoiler

I half reckon Daenerys is going to die next episode. It's going to be the parley episode in Kings Landing most likely, and I think we're due a twist after a series of good but fan servicey plots. Daenerys is basically halfway to redundant now, Jon has been shown as being legitimate, has the better claim to the throne, and I doubt the series is building towards a "they lived happily ever incestuously" so one of them has to croak. Tyrion has been getting some reservations recently and her ignoring his latest piece of advice, and so obviously bringing up the succession looks like a bit of foreshadowing. The dragon let Jon give it a stroke so may take his commands as well, so the "dragon succession" is there. So she is going to a parley with Cersei, who obviously won't try anything there, so it's interesting they've also shown she has access to a slow working poison this season as well. Then becomes a question maybe if Tyrion wants to give her the antidote. Probably miles away from what actually will happen, but it's how I would write it.

• Upvote 3

21 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

Finale speculation based on watching the leaked episode:

Hide contents

I half reckon Daenerys is going to die next episode. It's going to be the parley episode in Kings Landing most likely, and I think we're due a twist after a series of good but fan servicey plots. Daenerys is basically halfway to redundant now, Jon has been shown as being legitimate, has the better claim to the throne, and I doubt the series is building towards a "they lived happily ever incestuously" so one of them has to croak. Tyrion has been getting some reservations recently and her ignoring his latest piece of advice, and so obviously bringing up the succession looks like a bit of foreshadowing. The dragon let Jon give it a stroke so may take his commands as well, so the "dragon succession" is there. So she is going to a parley with Cersei, who obviously won't try anything there, so it's interesting they've also shown she has access to a slow working poison this season as well. Then becomes a question maybe if Tyrion wants to give her the antidote. Probably miles away from what actually will happen, but it's how I would write it.

Ep6 maybe...just in case 

Spoiler

Oooooooooh.....Dany die before Jorah. Interesting. 

We think Cersei is going to offer a temporary cessation of war (which will likely be bollocks; I'd love her to do something up north with the Greyjoy fleet) in exchange for Tyrion. Will Dany hand him over? He's gotten himself into a 50/50 situation in that regard I think!

Tyrion/Dany/Jaime triangle begins and ends with Jaime finally giving her the finger. Not quite sure how. Perhaps prioritising anything else over the Night King threat? Her dumbass fight for the throne, or trap for Dany, or revenge on Tyrion? 

But yeah, he's gonna make a break I reckon. His redemption needs to continue. Brienne will most likely be in the capital at this point which enables even more angles and possibility of this. Predict Bronn will also leave KL.

Leaked episode spoilers again

Spoiler

That's the other reason I sort of reckon that Daenerys will die, Cersei now knows Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey, so she can forgive him and then it becomes a question of who does Tyrion stick by, his family or a queen who is increasingly ignoring his advice and burning people to death? all seems to be a procession to an expected ended at the moment, I just can't see there not being at least one twist still to come and this one seems to make the most sense from the pointers this far.

51 minutes ago, Sirloin said:

Leaked episode spoilers again

Hide contents

That's the other reason I sort of reckon that Daenerys will die, Cersei now knows Tyrion didn't kill Joffrey, so she can forgive him and then it becomes a question of who does Tyrion stick by, his family or a queen who is increasingly ignoring his advice and burning people to death? all seems to be a procession to an expected ended at the moment, I just can't see there not being at least one twist still to come and this one seems to make the most sense from the pointers this far.

Not really ep6. 

I don't reckon Cersei will forgive Tyrion because he still put a bolt in her Da's guts. And I just think she harbours far too much irrational resentment over his birth. I think her and Jaime were meant to be about 7 when Tyrion was born? In her eyes, he killed her mother.

I think Tyrion is gonna be the Cersei/Jamie wedge.

In fact, if Jaime were to eventually kill her to protect Tyrion from her, then that's two valonquars (if that prophecy ends up meaning anything).

On 17/08/2017 at 17:02, Mr Ben said:

Supposedly

Hide contents

Craster's kids are the Wights, turned at birth, as we've seen in the show previously

I thought they turned into white walkers, meanwhile any dead wildlings and that get turned into wights

17 minutes ago, Wickedkitten said:

Hide contents

I thought they turned into white walkers, meanwhile any dead wildlings and that get turned into wights

That's what I meant.

Dunno why I called them Wights instead of White Walkers. Brain fart.

E7

Spoiler

I can't believe they gave Jons real name as Aegon, like this was their way of bringing in the book Aegon to the show. So what does that make Jon Snow in the book?

Why did they give Jon the Aegon name :facepalm:

2 hours ago, Stigweard said:

E7

Hide contents

I can't believe they gave Jons real name as Aegon, like this was their way of bringing in the book Aegon to the show. So what does that make Jon Snow in the book?

Book Aegon is heavily implied to be a fake though ("the mummer's dragon" and all that), maybe he'll still be Aegon in the books. Silly name though it is.

14 minutes ago, imp said:

Hide contents

Book Aegon is heavily implied to be a fake though ("the mummer's dragon" and all that), maybe he'll still be Aegon in the books. Silly name though it is.

Ah, is that right? I'd forgotten that bit.

5 hours ago, Stigweard said:

E7

Hide contents

Rhaegar Targaryen has the same approach to child naming as George Foreman.

• Upvote 4