rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Lorfarius

The Spoiler-Filled Game of Thrones Book Readers Thread (Seriously Spoilers)

Seriously doubt they'd kill off Bran off screen. Can't think of a punishment good enough for Theon if he's done them in though. Actually, the transformation of Theon from comedy to embarrasment to cowardly evil doer has been rather rapid. He's like a trainee Joffrey without the conviction.

w1IVL.png

• Upvote 1

Book 3 is being split in two, but supposedly the Red Wedding will be at the end of season 3, and that happens about 2/3 of the way through Storm of Swords, which doesn't leave much material left for season 4, unless they include some of Feast for Crows in there. But nothing happens in Feast for Crows, causing further problems.

I was just watching Tales of Television Centre on BBC 4 and it had Brian Blessed on it and it made me think of roles in Game of Thrones that would have been better if they'd been played by the blessed Blessed.

I have -

Robert Baratheon

Greatjon Umber

Jeor Mormont

Syrio Forel

Yoren

Cersei Lannister

• Upvote 4

Have him as the new Gregor clegane.

So do we think cold hands is benjen stark?

Are the Starks of winter fell related to tony stark? That would be a hell of a crossover

Book 3 is being split in two, but supposedly the Red Wedding will be at the end of season 3, and that happens about 2/3 of the way through Storm of Swords, which doesn't leave much material left for season 4, unless they include some of Feast for Crows in there. But nothing happens in Feast for Crows, causing further problems.

Maybe they'll combine the end of season 3 with Feast For Crows so they can cut out all the boring bits with Brianne just walking around pointlessly.

Am I right in remembering Tyrion is disfigured in the upcoming battle at Kings Landing - like half his nose is gone or something? I wonder if they'll keep that in.

Am I right in remembering Tyrion is disfigured in the upcoming battle at Kings Landing - like half his nose is gone or something? I wonder if they'll keep that in.

I'd expect a big scar but I think they'll leave his nose on.

I wondered if Coldhands might be the Last Hero of the First Men, the character from the story Nan tells Bran in the first book.

Alternatively, he could be a wight that Bloodraven wargs into.

. Yeah, the person in Nan's story is the night's king

I'd expect a big scar but I think they'll leave his nose on.

Definitely. On TV I can't imagine the producers want the star of the show to be noseless, it'd turn a lot of people off.

. Yeah, the person in Nan's story is the night's king

No, the Last Hero appears in the story Old Nan tells Bran after her famous 'Oh my sweet summer child' speech. He went North of the Wall looking for the Children of the Forest. Bran remember's the Night's King story during Storm of Swords, but we don't actually see Nan telling him.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org:8080/index.php/Last_hero

No, the Last Hero appears in the story Old Nan tells Bran after her famous 'Oh my sweet summer child' speech. He went North of the Wall looking for the Children of the Forest. Bran remember's the Night's King story during Storm of Swords, but we don't actually see Nan telling him.

http://awoiaf.wester...x.php/Last_hero

Oh yeah, I had forgotten about the last hero :blush:

I think the only other mention of him is when Sam is researching the Others and there's a story of the Last Hero fighting them with dragonsteel, which may mean Valyrian steel. Though I'm not sure if the history of Valyrian steel goes back as far as The Long Night. I know there are some theories that the Azor Ahai myth is the origin story of Valyrian steel. It's all very complicated.

Thank God, there is finally a thread for people who watch the hit HBO series Game of Thrones but have only read two of the New York Times bestselling novels A Song of Ice and Fire. I can sleep soundly again at nights now.

Thank God, there is finally a thread for people who watch the hit HBO series Game of Thrones but have only read two of the New York Times bestselling novels A Song of Ice and Fire. I can sleep soundly again at nights now.

But you know that eventually we'll all be here, in this thread.

Like Highlander, in the end there can be only one.

EDIT: Apologies if that spoils the ending of Highlander.

w1IVL.png