IGNORED

Day Z, The Road with Zombies

James Ape

What's the creakiest rig someone is running this on? I have a Quad core but my gfx card is only a Radeon 4870, I scraped past the lowest required specs for arma 2 OA on 'Can I Run It?' but suspect this would make for a pretty painful experience and I'm loathe to upgrade just for a mod.

I fired up my PC last night with the intention of buying this and having all the files downloaded for today. When I read the websites saw that Arma 3 is due for release pretty soon and DayZ will get transferred to that, so I'm guessing that's where the support and updates will go to and you'd have to pay again to get Arma 3 is that right?

Also, using the free Arma 2 to run DayZ seems unconfirmed, you'd have to buy both the main game and arrowhead, not just Arrowhead on its own for £15 yeah?

I'm completely torn, there's such a buzz about this I want to get in on the action but it's still just an alpha and I think I'd rather wait for an update but it'd be a shame if everyone is bored of it and the buzz has gone by then.

Plums says you def can play with the free version. But u get low res textures.

Or you could torrent the full version and just copy the addons folder across, u only need arrowhead and the addons folder from Arma II technically.

If you guys install mumble. Then go to the mumble box demo server - London #1 and ... lets say Channel 5. (1st in list if u sort uk servers by name)

If anyone is playing you can find out what server and chat in game. Sound good ?

Also this is a godsend

http://ttp2.dslyecxi...arus_big_hq.jpg

I thought having explored all the way north got alot of the good gear etc. Id have reached end game and got bored but I find myself wanting to start again right away. Maybe do some team work. Get a bunch of guys up north and hold it. Repair a car ? A humvee? And there is the lure of the dark side.....

Strategos, Cheeko and myself were chatting on this earlier - I'd encourage people to get it set up for the purpose of arranging games. Servers seem a bit ruined today unfortunately.

Or you could torrent the full version and just copy the addons folder across, u only need arrowhead and the addons folder from Arma II technically.

I'm not actually sure this would work. I have a legitimate boxed version of Arma 2 but with a scratched DVD, I torrented it but was still able to install it with my serial no.

You can probably pick up a boxed Arma 2 for almost nothing, though.

I fired up my PC last night with the intention of buying this and having all the files downloaded for today. When I read the websites saw that Arma 3 is due for release pretty soon and DayZ will get transferred to that, so I'm guessing that's where the support and updates will go to and you'd have to pay again to get Arma 3 is that right?

Also, using the free Arma 2 to run DayZ seems unconfirmed, you'd have to buy both the main game and arrowhead, not just Arrowhead on its own for £15 yeah?

I'm completely torn, there's such a buzz about this I want to get in on the action but it's still just an alpha and I think I'd rather wait for an update but it'd be a shame if everyone is bored of it and the buzz has gone by then.

They say Day Z for Arma 3 wont be ready for over a year at this stage. So id go for this version as even tho its still alpha, its amazing.

Garibaldi, i ran vanilla OA and Arma 2 well enough on a 4870 and a quad core

When you get the "You are Dead" screen - do you have to disconnect and then reconnect to the whole server to respawn?

Do zombies ever have any loot on them?

The bodies of survivors that I've found never seem to have any loot on them, am I doing something wrong in the inventory screen or will they already have been looted?

Is there an easy way to tell which buildings have "real" doors? I'm fed up of wasting time getting to houses with no entrances.

When you get the "You are Dead" screen - do you have to disconnect and then reconnect to the whole server to respawn?

You just have to return to the lobby then reconnect that way.

Do zombies ever have any loot on them?

Sometimes. I think the type of zombie will cause them to have higher/lower chances and what kind of loot they might have. Army zombies for example might have ammo clips.

The bodies of survivors that I've found never seem to have any loot on them, am I doing something wrong in the inventory screen or will they already have been looted?

You have to check their pack and their gear. Move the scroll wheel to bring up more options when you are standing next to a corpse. Of course they might have been looted already.

Is there an easy way to tell which buildings have "real" doors? I'm fed up of wasting time getting to houses with no entrances.

You'll soon learn. The major factor is that if you can go in you'll be able to see through the windows.

What's the creakiest rig someone is running this on? I have a Quad core but my gfx card is only a Radeon 4870, I scraped past the lowest required specs for arma 2 OA on 'Can I Run It?' but suspect this would make for a pretty painful experience and I'm loathe to upgrade just for a mod.

I have an old core2duo q6600, gtx 260 core 216 and ddr3 ram and it runs ok. I can't quite remember what settings, but certainly not the lowest ones.

Installed Arma2 Free and played through the training, the game runs great on my quad core q6600 2.4ghz with a radeon 5670 at 1920x1080, I picked up that card on eBay for £25 if you're tempted by a cheap upgrade.

Hopefully Operation Arrowhead is the same, I've got some room to manoeuvre on settings if it gets a bit chuggy, i have the post processing turned off(turning motion blur never works for me).

Seems like the servers will be a nightmare today, will probably just get it setup and play during the week.

Orgun your videos are great. Strategos would be up for that but I am still a bit confused as how people get to play together, is it just a case of picking the same server and finding each other, or is there a way to spawn at the same instance on the same server? I've just lone wolfed it so far, but would be interested in rolling with a rllmuk crew :)

Pretty much you have to go on the same server and meet up. Steam/chat would work. I'm guessing you can create squads in Arma II so you could have voice comms only within your squad? I'm up for it tonight, we just need a server that will be in daytime or it'll be a mare.

A car! Amazing scenes. Was this today Orgun? I've been completely unable to connect to any servers today.

I was freaking out when I exited the building and just saw it sitting there! This was yesterday.

Orgun your videos are great. Strategos would be up for that but I am still a bit confused as how people get to play together, is it just a case of picking the same server and finding each other, or is there a way to spawn at the same instance on the same server? I've just lone wolfed it so far, but would be interested in rolling with a rllmuk crew :)

Thanks man! :)

The way the gaffers get together is to jump on a mumble server/steam chat and see where people are, then everyone tries to join that.

Me, Plums and Strategos tried to meet up in the big city. After half an hour me and Plums met on the outskirts of town and made our way towards Strategos who was deeper inside. We sprinted across an open field. BAM - I was shot, BAM, Plum was shot. Oh cruel world! Strategos spent the next twenty minutes creeping around looking for the sniper as we cursed our luck. Rule of thumb, in the big cities, don't approach in the open!

I'm done for today, but I'll definitely be around for more antics tomorrow evening!

Someone on the server Strategos and I were on earlier was saying that they'd found a BUS. Can you even imagine?!

I'm done for today, but I'll definitely be around for more antics tomorrow evening!

Someone on the server Strategos and I were on earlier was saying that they'd found a BUS. Can you even imagine?!

Goonbus tour 2012!

A few clips from my weekends exploits

zombie breaks his legs like a boss

someone had a field day massacring zombies in cherno

[media=]

So im at the NW airfield at the moment. I made a dawn raid and snuck in without being spotted by anyone. Sadly i decided to swop my revolver for a PDW, which as it turns out is crap. And for shits and giggles i swopped my winchester for a barret 50 cal :D

If anyone's looking to get in on this, get Combined Operations from Amazon US for $15.

A couple of tips:

Turn mouse smoothing right down to nothing. It sorts out the mouse lag that's in the game on purpose.

Turn off AntiAliasing. It massively boosts your FPS.