Day Z, The Road with Zombies

James Ape

Really? There's so much to this game. The act of mining and building to make a fort like that must have taken so many people ages.

Also, I notice folk complaining about players logging, but those [mgt] servers appear to punish those habits. When you log back on, you've next to no blood.

Standalone is winner. Just needs some updates now. Cooking n crafting, vehicles also! Survived 4 days so far, got a m4 kitted out 800 + rounds, bandages etc. Good game, not died (yet). Also got the camo clothing, dpm tactical vest and military helmet n boots. I will update some pictures later on.

Here are a list of "Current top priorities"

• Server performance, stability and security
  • Animals & hunting
  • Cooking & gathering resources
  • Playable user customizable vehicles
  • Player created constructions in the environment
  • More complex interactions with the environment and crafting options
  • Streamlined user actions and interface
  • Control and animations expanded and improved for fluidity
  • Upgraded graphics and physics engine (including ragdoll, etc.)
  • Support of user mods and more flexibility for user hosted servers and game types

From this dev blog. http://dayzdev.tumblr.com/post/72473656344/dayz-three-weeks-on-the-road

I kind of assume and hope that adding new items, rebalancing loot spawns, working on zombies etc will be a constant on going thing.

I don't think I'll be bothering with the SA until it becomes a little more stable and there is generally more things to do other than not get shot or shoot someone. These aren't the reasons which attracted me to the game in the first place.

I had a blast testing it, it looks nice and it's excited me but i'm going to wrap it back up in some imaginary gift wrap and wait until it's grown a hairy testicle.

"TARUH HARBUH"

Yeah I'm taking it easy, really enjoying rust in it's way. And it's a good distraction from standalone, with some nice features that would be nice to see in Dayz. But also highlights how bloody good Dayz in other areas.

Makes me excited about getting back into Dayz when they have the crafting / cooking / hunting stuff sorted.

Same. I'm enjoying the little stories, but will be giving it a miss til the long-term stuff is in I think. PvP really isn't for me. I'd be content going far north and building a little shack in the woods and living off the land, only venturing into towns whenever my tools broke. But I'm a bit weird.

There is too much over reliance on replenishing food and water. It makes travelling any distance a total chore. Don't know the map well enough to head stright for the water pump in the town I'm in. When I do refill I will need a drink again in 30 mins.

Anyway, I have had my first bit of luck. I spawned near Berezino and headed into the town to find some gear. nothing special, but I got the essentials. Backpack, axe, knife and tins of food. Found a can of coke, which will keep me going for about 5 mins. On the way out of town heading north I pull a few zombies, whilst trying to lose them I ran past a dead player in the field. Decided he might have some water so I axed the zombies down, tended to my wounds and checked out his gear. Fffuuuuuu he was stocked (aside from bloody water) got a machine gun, a magnum, loads of food, weapon attachments. By far the best gear I have had in the standalone. I've logged to have a fag and decide what I do. I can either head back into town and try to find a pump or I can chance it by making it to the next town.

I know there is a pump in Berezino, I just can't remember where. Plus, I actually have something to lose now.

I posted about it earlier in the thread and the advice that I got is find a fountain to drink from and drink until it says you're full in white text. That will last you a while, same with food. Watch what you eat, cereal (and maybe rice) while replenishing your energy can make you thirsty.

7.62. It's probably the most common ammo you can find. You can find loose rounds or clips in residential, as well as the odd 20 round box of loose ammo. The weapons are actually done really well. Firearms should be difficult to find, and you should be reluctant to use them because of ammo.

Bought the SA, played it but boy I need to do some reading up first. Are there any good resources online to learn from?

Here's a starter kit:

Eat everything you can (except mouldy looking food)

Drink the annual rainfall of the U.K

Assume you will be shot on sight

You can tear some clothes up to make bandages