Great Games, Awful Music

EDIT: I also hate the character select rap in Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike. I like it a bit now, because I've heard it so much, and it's ridiculous, but it's just so, so awful.

How can you mention this but not the so-bad-it's-good title theme for Online Edition? KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK YOU OUT

As for Gran Turismo, I probably spent more time digging the cheesy jazz music in GT3's menus than I did actually racing...

Would add 1080 Avalanche to the list, due to its awful, awful soundtrack... But I consider it merely a good game rather than a great game. And I realise that I'm in the small minority of people who have any positive opinion of it.

No, I love that game. I think it got an Edge [8] back in the day, too. But yeah, music was awful.

No, I love that game. I think it got an Edge [8] back in the day, too. But yeah, music was awful.

Me too, I remember it got pretty rinsed on NTSC-UK at the time - there was some great time trial action going on. Very underrated game I think but then I really liked Wave Race: Blue Storm as well which seemed to suffer from a similar reception.

Far Cry 2. Amazing game with the music off. With it on, crazy Benny Hill style nonsense with danger music kicking in all over the place when a nearby enemy swats at a fly.

No. The intro piece, whilst not a great song is an excellent example of editing footage to a tune with the wipeouts to the drum beats and stuff.

Would add 1080 Avalanche to the list, due to its awful, awful soundtrack... But I consider it merely a good game rather than a great game. And I realise that I'm in the small minority of people who have any positive opinion of it.

It does have an awful soundtrack but I do like the attract sequence and the song that goes with it

DK Rap aside, the music for DK64 was awful. Compare this

to this

The original games had a really unique sound to them, and they totally abandoned it for something that sounds exactly like Banjo-Kazooie instead. Appropriate I suppose, because the whole game was pretty much Banjo Kazooie in a DK skin. I still haven't forgiven Rare for cocking DK 64 up! :blah:

He be trolling.

Hah, it's pretty much the definition of trolling.

The ME3 music is actually pretty good, shame I couldn't get on with the game :( Unrelated to thread, but if you're going to have an RPG mode can you at least give those of us that want it some more choice in our characters? Calling it an RPG is an affront to the genre. I laughed when a decision from the first game came up and despite me going with option B, it played out as if I'd gone with option A. There was even a dialogue option to query it - the response was basically "yeah, shit happens".