Sign in to follow this  
MDY

Young Justice: Outsiders - Revived for a third season!

12 hours ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Two out of the three episodes done and so impressed!

Can someone do me a quick reminder of Aqualads origins in this?

Kaldur is Black Manta's son, but was raised in Atlantis as Aquaman's protege

There's more backstory in the YJ tie-in comics.. he was raised by his mother and 'Calvin Durham' an altered human who was a henchman of Black Manta assigned to infiltrate Atlantis..

Durham gave up his mission when he fell in love with and married Kaldur's mother who gave her son an Atlantean derivative of his human name..

(Kaldur/Aqualad 'sort-of' existed in the comic DC continuity with similar powers and appearance, but was named Jackson Hyde.. he vanished after the New 52 reboot but appeared as a member of the Teen Titans a couple of years back..)

• Upvote 1

Ah i see i didnt think id missed anything but looks like i need to find some of those tie in comics.

The New 52 stuff was crap if i remember rightly, he had short dreads and didnt really fit the character well. 

8 minutes ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Ah i see i didnt think id missed anything but looks like i need to find some of those tie in comics.

The New 52 stuff was crap if i remember rightly, he had short dreads and didnt really fit the character well. 

Where'd you watch your episodes Eagle Lord, if you don't mind me asking. VPN and DC channel sub?

Just now, Scruff said:

Where'd you watch your episodes Eagle Lord, if you don't mind me asking. VPN and DC channel sub?

The usual high seas for me i'm you cant trick the DC Chanel with UK payment methods i learnt that with Titans. 

1 minute ago, The Eagle Lord said:

The usual high seas for me i'm you cant trick the DC Chanel with UK payment methods i learnt that with Titans. 

Thanks. I'll have to hope it appears at my usual places as they're barren as the Atacama ATM :(

Just now, Scruff said:

Thanks. I'll have to hope it appears at my usual places as they're barren as the Atacama ATM :(

try looking for the name! Mine came as all three episodes as one long file. 

Didnt show off YJ but did of We Princes or whatever the first one is. 

Another thing for me is that it feels like theres been a massive time jump, im watching the first two seasons again on Amazon Prime and im a little off the end but i think i remember it well enough. 

2 year time jump if I've read correctly. There was one in previous seasons too so I've no issue with it.

I'll give that a go. Thanks!

1 hour ago, The Eagle Lord said:

Yep Hyde never felt like YJ Kaldur..

These are the tie-in comics.. 25 issues or 4 trades..

https://www.comixology.co.uk/Young-Justice-2011-2013/comics-series/5348?ref=c2VhcmNoL2luZGV4L2Rlc2t0b3Avc2xpZGVyTGlzdC9zZXJpZXNTbGlkZXI

Time jumps: S1-> 5 years -> S2 -> 2 years -> S3

• Upvote 1

Finally got to watch the first three last night.. It really does feel like the show has matured further in it's absence.. there's a more serious tone to it generally and freed from the PG kids channel friendly restrictions of earlier seasons, there's a couple of pretty gruesome moments you'd have never seen on Cartoon network..

Thankfully, it's not 'adult' like it's channel sibling 'Titans' supposedly is.. there's no OTT violence or swearing shoehorned in an attempt to 'appeal to a wider audience..'

The muted intro is a good indication that things are different..

But it's still so nice to see all these characters again.. Season 2 felt like it sidelined too many of the original team to start with, so it's nice that most of the originals feature prominently.

And still, more than any other DC show (even the earlier JL/JLU animated ones), it feels like an established and widely populated universe..  while featuring characters from most of the other DC TV properties and doing them better in most cases, or reinventing them entirely..

Loving it so far.. :D

Three more episodes and a LOT of stuff going on..

Spoiler

A lighter filler episode, but a fun one, all 3 Roys - (original arm-less Roy Harper Speedy/Arsenal and clones Jim Harper/Guardian and 'Will'/Red Arrow..)

Really sad to see that Zatana still hasn't got her father back.. and that Fate is weighing heavily on him..

Spoiler

Love Forager already..but man, being a metahuman kid this season gives you a REALLY short life expectancy..

Oracle!

Always loved that they brought back Josh Keaton to voice Black Spider (Greg Weisman cast him as Spidey on his previous show Spectacular Spider-Man)

Spoiler

Geez, are we going to get a gruesome Halo death every few episodes? :blink:

"It's not my dad is it?"

"No."

"My sister?"

"Get out!"

:lol:

That HAS to be Jason, Talia and Damian at the end..