Sign in to follow this  
MDY

Young Justice: Outsiders - Revived for a third season!

New episodes from Saturday... :omg:

Young Justice: Invasion

September 29th, 2012 at 10:30am (ET/PT)

“Episode #34 Satisfaction” – Speedy/Roy Harper seeks vengeance against the man who ruined his life.

Green Lantern: The Animated Series and Young Justice: Invasion return to the DC Nation programming block with new episodes starting September 29th, 2012 at 10:00am (ET/PT) on Cartoon Network.

That was excellent, the show continues to pull no punches as the original Speedy goes after Luthor, intent on outright killing him over his abduction and the loss of his arm, his identity and the last eight years..

The original Roy's outburst of anger at 'useless' GA and Ollie's guilt over what he sees as his repeated failures is nicely portrayed here.

Even though the 'Arrow' family are peripheral characters in this show, they've probably had more and better portrayal in this series alone than any of the other DC works outside the comics..

Spectacular fight in the parking lot between Roy and Mercy too, great use of a fairly clichéd and usually dull location.

Elsewhere we have the aftershocks of Artemis' death.. The fallen hero shrine also answering a couple of outstanding questions...

Ted Kord is gone and in this 'universe' Jason Todd was indeed Robin after Dick and before Tim..

Uncomfortable scene between Wally and Artemis' mom too and both Cheshire and Sportsmaster vowing revenge for different reasons..

Only lighter moment this week was Captain Cold inadvertently breaking up Rocket's bridal shower, which felt a little out of place compared to everything else..

Luthors "Revenge is a sucker's game" line was taken from Weisman's earlier series, Gargoyles (and was an ongoing theme of that show)..

Marvel might do it on the big screen, but DC owns the small one. They've completely pee'd on Marvel animation for a long time (Spider-Man and X-Men were early 90s right?)

Love this show.

Wasn't expecting THAT! :blink:

Nuking Mt Justice from the face of the earth!

Very dangerous game being played by Nightwing now and Wally is even less happy with it than before..

Couple of new interviews with the producers:

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/2012/10/01/producer-brandon-vietti-discusses-the-new-season-of-young-justice-invasion/

http://theurbandaily.com/1950226/young-justice-black-superheroes/

No. It's been pretty brutal..

This was already a great scene, but even more so in retrospect.. He's having to make those choices..

Even wonky person drawing, ex-DC misery-guts Rob Leifeld seems to love it!

0wIEt.jpg

You're right, he may be a - pouch drawing, people exploding with botox implanted muscles, feet not allowed hack, but he's bang on the money with those tweets.

I've steered clear of DC since the mid-late 80s due to (even compared to Marvel IMO) ridiculously convoluted histories and constant re-writes (plus I'm not big on Superman or Batman) but YJ is up there with my favourite animations ever, and the show is so clean and streamlined in the way it handles the universe.

Very enjoyable stuff.

There won't be an episode this weekend or next (at least) - the DC Nation block (currently consisting of Young Justice and Green Lantern: TAS) was pulled from transmission shortly before airing and removed from the updated schedule for next week as well..

This was done on short enough notice that none of the shows producers were informed, neither were the channels Social Media staff who were still posting reaction to episode polls etc. minutes before the shows were due to screen..

There is some chatter that it's due to CN's anniversary month (though why they'd then go to showing repeats of other current shows instead is a mystery).

More disturbing are rumors of a major falling out between CN and DC.. Though this is unsubstantiated at this point..

http://www.worldsfin...f-october-2012/

The ep did apparently turn up on US iTunes however.. so it may still be.. accessible eventually..

Plus other international CN's may screen it earlier than the US - which happened for the finale of S1..

(Not the UK one sadly, they're still screening s1)

Doesn't bode well for the future of either series though.. :(

The first big clash as The Light's partners not only are revealed to the team, but as a result to the world as well..

Their mission to rescue their team-mates succeeds but not without cost..

How much damage has M'Gann done to Kaldur's mind/memory?

With little or no memory of his time with the team, has she doomed him to be their enemy from now on..

Artemis is still with him, but can she trust him if he doesn't remember her?

(This was supposed to be the original mid-season hiatus cliffhanger)

The team proved spectacularly ineffective against Black Beetle and there's a LOT of Reach on earth now...

We also find out why Impulse latched on to Jaime and what his future could hold..

Also we had a brief cameo by Spoiler/4th Robin/3rd Batgirl Stephanie Brown!

Another excellent ep, savor it as who knows when we'll see the next one..

Fingers crossed the iTunes releases continue..

OK, so the ep that was pulled in October (but leaked via iTunes etc) screened today in the US, so the show is (finally) scheduled to continue with new eps from next Saturday..

http://www.dccomics....stice-producers

Trailer for the second half of this season..

Episode titles/descriptions for the rest of Jan..

Saturday, January 5th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “Before the Dawn”

On a covert mission to rescue some of its own, The Team, Blue Beetle and Miss Martian uncover some shocking secrets… and devastating truths!

Saturday, January 12th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “Cornered”

The Team is trapped inside the Hall of Justice with a brutal alien warrior.

Saturday, January 19th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “True Colors”

When the REACH forms a devil’s alliance with Lexcorp, Robin leads a squad undercover to investigate.

Saturday, January 26th, 2013 at 10:30am (ET/ PT) – “Fix”

Black Manta seeks vengeance against M'Gann.

Heh, I was just about to look for this thread so I could post that. What a fucking awful decision. Quality show which makes a mockery of DC Comics and their ever lapping convoluted continuity, and it gets canned for some shit heap comedy re-hash of an old show :(

In other news, it's getting harder to source these and I can't find the last episode (Fix) anywhere :hmm:

They're showing up much later now - more like Sunday later afternoon/evening after screening Saturday mornings in the US..

Only 7 eps left now.. make the most of it..

The game is still apparently on schedule and cancellation of the show will have no bearing on that (from the update on the YJ:Legacy facebook page this morning)..

While I've not much hope that the game itself will be anything outstanding, it will fill in some of the plot that occurred in the five year gap between S1 and 2 - Weisman and Vietti were very much involved with plotting the game out.. Though again, no idea when it's out or if we'll even get a Euro release

Cartoon Network UK don't appear to have even screened all the Series 1 eps yet - seemingly throwing out the middle 10 eps in random order over and over again..

• Upvote 1

It was a given it was going to get cancelled, first the horrible rescheduling,no merchandise and then the comic book by DC being cancelled beforehand indicated it didn't have long to live.

:( Quite a depressing end.. both for who we lost and the fact that.. that's it..

"There will always be a world to save..."

While it's been a great series, the threat and eventual cancellation has left the latter episodes on a bit of a downer - the fact it was clearly gearing up for an epic third series makes it's loss even more sad.

Cutting six episodes from the original order also left us with a lot less of the breathing room the first season enjoyed - especially with the vastly expanded cast, several of whom we never got to know (and now won't). Still I'm thankful for what we did get and having rewatched some of Batman: TAS & JL/JLU recently I can say that for me this is actually the superior show. It's been a brilliant portrayal of the DC universe and in many ways the younger, less powerful heroes are more interesting than their elders and taking the safety net of the JL away this year and raising the stakes has really forced them to step up.

If CN had any sense they'd have signed this team up to develop the inevitable new JL series we'll get when/if the movie series gets going.. Or just spun it off from this. No chance of that then.. Word is they're looking at cutting their losses on their new (reportedly troubled) CGI Batman series already..

Yeah, you saying about the expanded cast, I'm 99.9% sure I caught a glimpse of Blue Devil when they were being assembled into squads to take out the disruptor thingies. I've not read DC in an absolute age but I have a Blue Devil issue #1 somewhere which is one of the first, first issues I ever bought as a lad.

Showing my age there! :D

I've started watching this from season 1. It looks good, but Aqualad is getting on my nerves a bit, he's so dull! Overall it's ok, but not loving it yet. I'm about 6 episodes in, have I got a good feel for it now or does it change it up a bit?

I'd say give it another 6 eps and see how you feel then - the series is still setting a LOT of groundwork up but it really pays off later. Aqualad does grow on you - and he does improve later - and then gets MUCH more interesting in S2..

• Upvote 1

Aqualad is awesome, I smite anyone who says otherwise.

Young Justice overall was OK, it was too emo in the beginning which I guess was one of the selling points as they're youngsters and then it jumped ahead and I didn't care about the Reach or Blue Beetle. It had gorgeous character design though but its nothing to write home about, Justice League was miles better.

EDIT:Plus too many characters, lost all focus from the original gang.

Not much, but a couple of straws to grasp at..

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/GraphicCity/news/?a=76474

The people of SMGO took to Tumblr to inform the masses that there's a small spark of hope for YOUNG JUSTICE and GREEN LANTERN: THE ANIMATED SERIES to continue. Specifically, the people behind SMGOtv are poised to launch a crowdfunded campaign (think Kickstarter) to save the two fan favorite animated shows but they must first receive the official OK from WB Animation. If they get approval, fans will be able to finance more material for the shows (episodes, OVA, film, etc.). If you want to see more YJ and GL:TAS then continue to make your voices heard right up till the April 11th meeting.

Also, The team at Little Orbit (producing the YJ:Legacy game) have also stated that their licence for the series covers sequels also and (if the first sells well enough) they would absolutely want Weisman/Vitti etc to continue the story through those.