Legend of Grimrock - new old school dungeon crawler RPG!

Mr. Gerbik

This is just beautiful... Works perfectly under Bootcamp on a Mac too so far. Only played for 30 minutes or so but the atmosphere they've created is something special. Real sense of exploration going on. Gorgeous graphics too. So glad I got in a pre-order yesterday...

It's Dungeon Master. I'm in hog heaven.

My god it really is isnt it!... Even down to the little things like how the torches gradually run out (one of my poor guys is already overloaded with the things). The free-look mode also adds a lot too it. Fantastic stuff.

Right... time to go and rob a few coloured pencils off my 2 year old so I can get map making! :P

Ah... right, need a mouse and stuff to do this justice by the sounds of it. I'll download anyway... Eye of the Beholder, Lands of Lore, Bloodwych and Shining in the Darkness were some of my favourite games back in the day.

Yeah, it's real-time combat so you definitely need a mouse. And free-look is completely awesome, even though it's purely cosmetic - such an atmospheric game! Btw if those were some of your faves back in the day, then you NEED this game ASAP to be brutally honest.

Slightly disappointed that doors are between tiles rather than mid-tile so you can't drop a portcullis on a monster's head repeatedly.

I just tried to do the same thing.

I'm so happy that all the old Dungeon Master tricks are still working. My all time fave being the 'hold item on mouse cursor for extra projectile attack'.

I just spent about 5 minutes opening and closing a door and watching the shadows move.

How the fecking hell have you been turning gerbs :S

Q & E also work for turning.

It runs on my crappy 2 year old dell laptop on high so I think it will run fine on most set ups.

Anyone know how to use the beads? It says they have healing properties but I can't consume them.

It's bloody awesome btw :D

They're ingredients in potions, aren't they. Did you find a pestle and mortar?

Oh, and this is fucking wonderful! Love it love it love it! :)

Slightly disappointed that doors are between tiles rather than mid-tile so you can't drop a portcullis on a monster's head repeatedly.

Hah! First thing I tried. I like the fact you can drop mobs down pits too. Just hit my first puzzle where I'm stuck. Can't seem to move fast enough.

I spent fucking aaages creating my party at the start (but what fun!), and no doubt I'll soon realise I misunderstood what one of the stats did and have to start again. Are people generally going for a standard one-prisoner-of-each-race setup? Anyone rocking more exotic/experimental party builds?