Legend of Grimrock - new old school dungeon crawler RPG!

Mr. Gerbik

Out tomorrow! Who's excited? Gonna try finish ME3 today so I can start this fresh :)

I made the same mistake! For some stupid reason I started ME3 a couple of days back so there's no chance I can have it finished by tommorow :(

Any word on preloading?

I'm really looking forward to some old school action. After years of being lead by the hand it's about time I had to use a braincell. Love the vids that are out there, the games movement looks just right. Real time but you can see the turn based gubbins going on in the background, reminds me of stone keep but everyone likes the look of this one.

Any word on a 360 / PSN version?

No, and I suspect it's unlikely to ever happen This is an indie game made by a small developer consisting of 4 (!) people and everything about it is designed around a mouse-driven interface. Thinking about it, maybe a Move or Wii U version (with either tablet or Wiimote controls) would work, but given the size and aim of the developer I don't think it will happen, unfortunately. Who knows what will happen in the future if this game is REALLY successful though, but for now there are no plans for a 360/PS3 version.

Edit: I suddenly realised that a Vita version would be brilliant and they could go for a traditional controls/touch screen controls combo to make it work! Unlikely to happen as I said, but still.

Edit edit:

I'll just post the specs here again in case you have a laptop or something lying about. The specs aren't exactly demanding so who knows:

Minimum:

CPU: Dual Core 2GHz Intel or 2.8GHz AMD

Memory: 2GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon X1600 or NVIDIA GeForce 7600 or better (512MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported). Minimum supported resolutions 1280×720 and 1024×768.

DirectX: 9.0c

Disk Space: 1GB

Recommended:

CPU: Quad Core 2.66GHz Intel or 3.2GHz AMD

Memory: 4GB

Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 2900 or NVIDIA GeForce 8800 or better (512MB graphics memory or more. Shader Model 3.0 needs to be supported)

DirectX: 9.0c

Disk Space: 1GB

I have it pre-ordered but I don't think I'll play it straight away as I'm playing other games at the moment and I have a habit of not going back to a game if I take a 'quick' look at something else half way through.

If it was a main stream release I just would have waited to buy it but it's a great price and I want to support indie devs like these guys, I mean 4 guys made this :blink:

The only trouble with that is... how do you know where to put your starting square? Eh?

Nah, it's sellotaped-together bits of squared paper all the way for me.

You're allowed to sellotape together the PDF gridpaper too.

I'm really looking forward to this. It had better be good.

If you buy the game on GoG can it be registered on Steam? Or is that a totally stupid question............

No, but if you buy from the developer's website you get the same stand-alone DRM-free version with the same discount as on GOG and a Steam key on top of that with, of course, Steam achievements.

edit: the discount is only active for a few hours yet, once the game is out it's going full-price again (which still isn't a lot tbf)