Legend of Grimrock - new old school dungeon crawler RPG!

Mr. Gerbik

Has this been posted yet? Fixes in version 1.1.4, which will go live later this week:

- vsync is enabled by default

- borderless windows are no longer topmost

- pressing ESC closes character sheet

- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit

- bug fix: topmost menu item don’t work reliably in 2560×1440 resolution

- bug fix: wall text translations are not dismissed when right-clicking

- bug fix: inanimate objects can be backstabbed

- bug fix: projectiles go through doors in some very rare cases

- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch

- fixed a couple of typos

- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)

First one is during a small puzzle in level 3. Look for a couple of pits right next to one another blocking off entry through a door. I think it's pretty close to a crystal, if memory serves.

ooh, that one! I have no idea how to get past that. almos smashed my laptop up on the stupid spinning light puzzle.

BTW, the iron doors - do they ever open? Found one on each floor, but yet to acutally get one open.

ooh, that one! I have no idea how to get past that. almos smashed my laptop up on the stupid spinning light puzzle.

BTW, the iron doors - do they ever open? Found one on each floor, but yet to acutally get one open.

All iron doors can be opened, one way or another. One so far has had me drop down to the floor below.

ooh, that one! I have no idea how to get past that.

Solution:

If you go around one side of the room you'll see a hidden switch - or may be a bit more obvious. I think it's one of the letterbox types. Hitting that will open up a door facing the pits into a little closed off room, there's another inside there which allows you to actually look across into the bit with the bow, then you can lob a rock or whatever across to hit the switch.

It's usually a good idea to have a damn good look at the walls while you're moving around. For example, there's a hidden bit in the (level one secret)

very first room

which gives you a great item for evasion based characters.

Yep, I look at every single fucking wall. Sometimes twice.

And, if I see an empty torch sconce, I stick a torch in it....just in case it's a trigger. Of course, it may well be part of a sequence of sconces that act as a trigger...Still, if it was, I'd hope there'd be some sort of clue (like a chink of light) to make it worth my time to be fiddling with the sconces.

I read somewhere else that it's good to swap the torches as the sconce's "halt" the depletion while it's positioned there yet the torch still lights the surrounding area as normal.

For example, if your torch is dimming, swap it with a new one. The area will still be lit and you'll have a fresh torch. If you go back and pick up that torch again it'll still be dimmed. I think.

I've done level 3 now, I really didn't like those enemies.

Potential problem: playing slowly and running out of food. Tell me there's an inexhaustible supply of food somewhere....?

That was one of my worries... There seemed loads at the start, and just assumed it would be the same on the deeper levels. Although Im not so sure now.

Great news, they just confirmed on Twitter that the first patch will also add quick-save and quick-load buttons! Also, Notch is a fan:

I also took some time to actually play some games as well. FEZ and Legend of Grimrock, specifically. Both are incredibly good! Inspiring!

After doing an Elite, maybe he'll do an Ultima Underworld next :P

My saved games seem to have bugged out - for some reason I'm a couple of levels back (in a spot I can remember saving in), but still seems to have kept my inventory and experience. Anyone else notice something similar?

Edit: Ok, now I'm really confused. Have they just reused a puzzle or something? I have major Déjà vu here but I do recognize some of the level as being the latest one. I think.

Ok, it seems I'm just going crazy.

You know you've playing Legend of Grimrock too much when:

My saved games seem to have bugged out - for some reason I'm a couple of levels back (in a spot I can remember saving in), but still seems to have kept my inventory and experience. Anyone else notice something similar?

Edit: Ok, now I'm really confused. Have they just reused a puzzle or something? I have major Déjà vu here but I do recognize some of the level as being the latest one. I think.

Ok, it seems I'm just going crazy.

:D

Walked right into a trap, spiders and some huge unspeakable nasties appearing all around me and killing me a few times. But now I've got those fuckers! Managed to find a gate with a pull chain next to it, went into that corridor and I'm letting them in one by one, closing the gate every time after defeating one to heal up and recover - take that, Grimrock you beautiful bastard :D