Retro Gamer Issue 100 + Issue 1

strider

Did the current magazine run start at 19? I thought the early issues were part of games tm?

I'm sure Dazza will set the record straight but the new management came in about issue 19 and I think Dazza worked on the gamestm retro section before doing the full mag.

So retro gamer was a full stand alone mag from issue 1, just not written or managed by the same people that it is now.

Retro Gamer was launched by Live Publishing in 2004.

I was the retro editor of gamesTM from issue 18 to issue 40

I was then asked if I wanted to edit the relaunced Retro Gamer, which I of course accepted. I've been on it since issue 19.

At least the cover of the reprint says it's a reprint, so the authentic original Issue Ones are still, um, authentic. Never did sell mine, definitely wish I had.

Anyway, congratulations on reaching 100 issues. I remember someone on here who I occasionally met at the car boots boldy stating that there was no market for a retro magazine and that you would be dead within months. I'm glad you proved him wrong.

Just arrived and im very impressed. Not just the content but the little celebration stuff throughout. Most magazines issue 100 just has a fancy cover but all the extra pages and even adverts celebrating your 100th issue are just lovely. It'll be no time at all before issue 200 rolls around, i remember Edge 100 being published and just a few short years later issue 200 arrives. Them first 100 issues felt like a life time coming.

Also does this version have the CD ROM of Issue 1. Luckily i kept all of mine from issues 1-18 or whenever they stopped (i can't see the vid here...i can see the disk but wasn't sure it was included or just a print).

Also, what actual month are the omnibuses and will you be doing any more only for me they're worth 12 normal issues :lol:

Bit unhappy that the version for the iPad does not include the issue one and looking at issue one in the app I still have to pay for it. Can issue one be made free for one month? Not really a massive problem as I have the early issues at home, but it would be nice if the digital version was the same as the print version.

Don't neg Nash. It's a genuine issue, and one I wasn't aware of. I'll see what can happen here, but I think it's due to the way the app is set up.

1nzjol.jpg

:eyebrows:

That it awesome!

We tried a combination of sprites and art, but couldn't get it to work.