IGNORED

Frequency

Sabreman

As Declan could testify, when it comes to meets I tend to be as elusive as the Scarlet Pimpernel...

..[i]however[/i], as luck would have it, I might have to work in 'charming' Bury on the 8th and that's not too far away from Ipswich, is it? I could pop by late afternoon, proceed to destroy all your asses over the following few hours and depart like a thief in the night with my honour and awesome reputation intact. Don't know for sure, though, will check properly tomorrow.

(oh, and Plums, you'd have to tell me all about places worth checking out in Amsterdam in excrutiating detail as I'm supposed to be doing likewise the following weekend. If my passport turns up in time, that is...)

My wife's the only one in our house who can do rhythm action. I introduced her to Frequency for the first time last night. I had to switch off the PS2 and drag her away in the small hours. Her vision was all messed up: anything she looked at seemed to be moving and getting smaller, like it was going to the end of the tunnel. You've broken my wife, you bastards.

Morden, Footle? That's odd, I go from ipswich down to morden on the train all the time because my band practices down there. Morden to liverpool street on tube = 35 minutes (change at bank), Liverpool Street to Ipswich = 1 hour 10 minutes, trains leave every half hour.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry chaps but I'm not going to be able to make it after all - turns out I won't be going to Bury so I can't blag the tickets off of work like I was planning and being a wee bit skint at mo, I can't spare the cash to buy the ticket myself.

Apologies, have an ace one anyway. Here's to the day we all finally do manage to make one of these things and when I get to face off with Jolly in a [i]Singstar[/i] Groove is in the Heart battle...

A FreQ meet without the whole crew is like having a selection of cheeses but forgetting the cheddar :lol:

I say we postpone until we can properly sort out one that everyone can get to. Maybe hijack a section of one of the big meets, even.

i can't make it on the eighth either. and i was the one who suggested it! i have absolutely not a single penny to my name.

but we absolutely need to do this at some point, i am still supremely excited.

Recommendations of places to go in Amsterdam are tricky, because there are so many places that finding any single one verges on the impossible.

My two favourite coffeeshops this time were the hill street blues (amazing graffiti decor, quite big, lots of seats and cheap beer) which is in the red light district, and the blue velvet (pool tables, air hockey, very chilled and friendly staff, good if you're just smoking) which is quite near the centraal station.

Your best bet is to just ask lots of people where these places are.

If it's culture you're after (the non-smoking kind) then there's loads of museums, you can pick up leaflets just about anywhere which will tell you all about them. The Rijksmuseum (sp) and van gogh museum are both cheap and really good.

I'd also recommend one of the cannabis museums (vapouriser demonstrations & free samples aplenty) and sex museums (horrific in places, hilarious in others). The red light district is a given, gawping at the prossies is something which you must do.

LO, I've been playing this while now but still nowhere near any of the scores set here (In fact I set up a table on another forum so I wouldn't feel so bad). However I found that one of my scores wouldn't be the lowest one on the table so thought I might as well post.

Akrobatik - 923; No Doubt - 746; Reload - 749; Crystal Method - 964; Orbit - 1193; Freezepop - 1644

Dub Pistols - 1054; Lo-Fidelity Allstars - 931; Fear Factory - 1219; Oakenfold - 649; Ethan Eves - 644

Powerman 5000 - 1078; Orbital - 1313; DJ QBert - 961; BT - 1318 (have 1955 on advanced :)); Curve - 913

Jungle Brothers - 1162; Funkstar De Luxe - 1256; Roni Size - 950; Meat Beat Manifesto - 914; Juno Reactor - 991

Tony Trippi - 1010; DJ HMX - 619; Symbion Project - 508; Komputer Kontroller - 828; FreQ Out - 0; Surgecore - 0; Robotkid vs Inter:sekt - 0

I dislike stage 5 intensely. Realise these are crap scores but I've just finished uni and with no job on the horizon, there's time for improvement :(

Jolly, Legs and my other two housemates have all gone away to Glastonbury and won't be back til next week. There's very few things that could stop me from attending, so I feel it's a bit unlucky that my brother chose to schedule his wedding for this weekend. :lol:

This does however give me the perfect opportunity to get some time in on on amp/freq. I've had quite a long hiatus and it'll take me a day or two to get back into my groove.

EDIT: whenever I visit this thread I always have that smartbomb guitar track in my head.

:)

[quote name='Graham_S' date='Jun 21 2004, 04:45 PM'] I've hit a little wall on Level 3 on the middle difficulty setting (Advanced?). Danger is Go. Grrr. [/quote]
Wait until later, when you meet the charming Mr Size, or indeed, Jack 'Fucker' Dangers - then you will learn what a wall truly is...
;)
I'm seeing Orbital on Friday. I suppose I should refrain from mentioning that my version of Funny Break is the bestest ever.

• 4 weeks later...