rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
boxoctosis

Everybody's Golf (Vita) Clubhouse

Is there a trick to this, I mean, I only just discovered the use of the D-Pad in conjunction with the shots. :ph34r:

d-pad adds spin. press it at the moment of impact for top/side/back spin.

for super spin, go the opposite way when selecting power, then the normal way again at impact. but you need perfect impact for it to work.

I only really discovered spin today. Makes such a difference in some instances. I no longer run straight off the green on every hole for instance.

I do my :hmm: face when I land 3m away from the pin and it does a powerful backspin AWAY from the hole.

I got -9 on that, was well pleased.

FYI for new players:

Super sidepsin left = Spiral shot - Hold left when setting shot power, then

hold right when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

Super sidepin right = Spiral shot - Hold right when setting shot power, then

hold left when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

Super backspin = Homing ball - Hold up when setting shot power, then hold down

when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. A successful Homing ball

will strike the pin bounce off then strike again repeatedly.

Super topspin = Rising ball - Hold down when setting shot power, then hold up

when setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary. A successful Rising ball

will strike the pin roll up the pin and drop into the cup.

Super high trajectory - Hold down when setting shot power, then hold down when

setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary.

Super low trajectory - Hold up when setting shot power, then hold up when

setting impact. Perfect impact is necessary

• Upvote 3

d-pad adds spin. press it at the moment of impact for top/side/back spin.

for super spin, go the opposite way when selecting power, then the normal way again at impact. but you need perfect impact for it to work.

Earlier you press it , before imapct, the more you get. you can see how much by where the red dot/point of impact stops on the ball after you strike the shot.

Will try and get on for 3pm/8pm but may be difficult....bloody wk! ;)

Great tourney everyone, much fun again. :)

Congrat so the winner, it was Rexel wasn't it?

Quick qu which messed me right up on the 8th: How do you extend the length of your max putting distance? If it's set at 30ft and you have say an uphill 29.9ft putt, it won't reach the hole even with full power. Can you change the distance or club once on the putting surface?

p.s. I sent a load more friends requests out whilst in the lobby as easirt to do by touching on ppl and sending.

Great tourney everyone, much fun again. :)

Congrat so the winner, it was Rexel wasn't it?

Quick qu which messed me right up on the 8th: How do you extend the length of your max putting distance? If it's set at 30ft and you have say an uphill 29.9ft putt, it won't reach the hole even with full power. Can you change the distance or club once on the putting surface?

p.s. I sent a load more friends requests out whilst in the lobby as easirt to do by touching on ppl and sending.

It was me, woohoo! I won I won!

To extend your putting distance you need to press the same button as when you are on the tee to use a power shot, I think it's the square button. You can do this when you are close to the hole but off the green. It's always better to line up the shot using the shorter distance first.

Can't believe I managed to win it, birdied the first two and then flunked the next three with par on each.

Quick tip, when using approach shots into the green, I usually tend to slightly overhit the shot, but then put backspin on it. I find it works better than letting the shot roll on and on.

I didnt get in the first tourney due to a clerical error, then Dave White and Funtime Dave managed to get themselves banned from the lobbies for 30 minutes. Something to do with ball tampering. They used the 30 minutes by reflecting on their behaviour and trying to get on top of the ice cream van.

i too missed the first game due to booking the wrong one, and it won't let you in another for a certain amount of time if you quit.

the other games afterwards were very good though. i'll definitely do more.

I haven't managed to play one of the rllmuk tournaments yet...the set-up seems a bit odd. Why do we have to sign up on the spreadsheet, and what's this about a tiger lobby?

Slightly ot but what's the deal with party chat or whatever its called does it let you all join as a group like on the 360? I saw a few of you guys were in one last night but me firing it up lost me connection to the lobby.

Edit: and def on for tonight same as yesterday if others are

Slightly ot but what's the deal with party chat or whatever its called does it let you all join as a group like on the 360? I saw a few of you guys were in one last night but me firing it up lost me connection to the lobby.

Edit: and def on for tonight same as yesterday if others are

Party chat works pretty much exactly like it does on the 360.

It can be a bit of a pain if you have network probs and have to set the Party up again (which is what happened to me last night) as you have seen that it dumps you out of the lobby in Golf.

@Majora, the spreadsheet is there to gauge numbers really, I think you can have a max of 30 entrants into a tournament (not sure how many can fit into a lobby at any one time though) but it's not a problem if people rock up to the selected lobby at the arranged time.

I am so rubbish at this game. I can't putt for shit. I'm going to have to hunt out a guide

What d'you need to know? I think SPE posted a simple guide, check his posts.

I think it's just a practice/feel thing though. It'll come. (I say this, in the vein hope that "it'll come" for me one day too)