Sign in to follow this  
MW_Jimmy

Little Racers Street (Xbox 360/PC)

I tried my first Class D race and you can really tell the difference. I dread to think what a Class A race is like.

Seriously, for less than a quid you'd be a fool not to at the very least give this a go.

I accidentally upgraded my crappy car just over the threshold of class D without realising. I wondered why class E was unavailable to play :doh: . Its a lovely game! Dead fast too. Should be about for the 8:30 :)

So guys any tips? Other than the usual "learn the tracks" etc etc

Took me a while to realise i had NOS because i jumped into the game without learning to play it first :P

Also how good is the customisation features, coulden't believe all the options not just changing your "paint job"

I accidentally upgraded my crappy car just over the threshold of class D without realising. I wondered why class E was unavailable to play :doh: . Its a lovely game! Dead fast too. Should be about for the 8:30 :)

You could downgrade it again!

So guys any tips? Other than the usual "learn the tracks" etc etc

Took me a while to realise i had NOS because i jumped into the game without learning to play it first :P

Also how good is the customisation features, coulden't believe all the options not just changing your "paint job"

Yeah, and even changing the handling by a couple of points really makes a difference to how the car feels to drive

Update due soon

• New feature: Time trial. Now you can practice an event and go for a lap record anytime you like.
  • Fixed “Show Gamercard” not working on the multiplayer lobby
  • Fixed some multiplayer crashes.
  • Player count HUD is properly updated when a player leaves
  • Selecting players in lobby works properly after joining a game in progress.
  • Now you can’t go back while finding games until the process is finished (could cause some stability issues). A message is shown in this case.
  • Added a time limit of 10 seconds for each race results screen when in multiplayer.
  • Now games can be hosted/joined even for performance classes you don’t own yet: A stock car can be selected in this case.
  • Added 12 new tracks (approx. 45 new events), some of them with crosses for increased fun :).
  • New feature: Multiplayer games will be filled with AI cars if there aren’t enough players (Quick race has a default value of 6). With this, races will start even with just 1 player (he can race against AIs while he waits for people to join).
  • Custom multiplayer games (the ones created via the “Host game” menu) now require the host to press Start before the first race (this way, he can wait for friends to join before starting).

Might be a little later than 8.30 tonight but will deffo fire it up at some point.

There was a Class D race going on last night that I wanted to join in on, so I bought the worst car in the game and upgraded it as far as I could - still wasn't good enough though! I think I scraped a 3rd through some amazing blocking skills and tempting my opponents into turning into walls :)

I was enjoying it but I did warn you I was shit :). I couldn't upgrade my car any more without it going up a grade, yet despite me thinking I wasn't driving too badly I would immediately go to the back of the pack and stay there. Oh well, I'm blaming old age.

Still, don't let that put you off, it's still an amazing game.

I was enjoying it but I did warn you I was shit :). I couldn't upgrade my car any more without it going up a grade, yet despite me thinking I wasn't driving too badly I would immediately go to the back of the pack and stay there. Oh well, I'm blaming old age.

You probably just needed to take points out of something and put them into something else. Have less points in nitro at grade E because everyone's nitro is a bit rubbish and having decent power and turning (so you don't lose so much speed around corners) is more important. I was just using a stock car, but it was a bit better to start with than the one you were using. It was still practically stationary when it turned corners though. Had to stop using the one I was using at first because it wasn't offering much in the way of fun racing!

Anyway, you made me laugh basically every race. We'd be sitting there watching the clock run down and you'd always come storming over the finish line at 100mph with one second left :lol:

This is excellent online. We should race some A class cars next time for absolute carnage :)

Is DoctorEgo someone here? Some proper crazyness there.

Is DoctorEgo someone here? Some proper crazyness there.

Yeah, sounds like my connection was causing mayhem for people other than just myself. Sorry gents :(

Not sure what's up with it tonight, but hopefully won't happen again.

For the few races I was oblivious to the problems I was causing it was great fun though! Absolute bargain.

It was amusing. There was a point where you flew past me using nitro, hit a small hill and then flew over the barrier and were just gone! Then you were warping around off the track for the rest of the race.

And I realise that I asked if you were someone here even though you'd actually posted in this thread already. D'oh!

I booted DoctorEgo twice because I was convinced he was just a random! I do apologize, but it was pretty funny seeing people just plough into the back of you on the starting line.

Great races tonight that seemed to really get going the more we had. Klargon seemed to turn into the wall at the same point each lap! We had a few Class D races after and those felt really fast for a few races.

We shall have to organise another session once the patch is released next week!

Definitely need some practice. Some good games even when in last place. Indie games ought to have a donation button if you feel they're worth more than the asking price or you spend more time on them than a 800 points game!

Good games fellas, had a big cheesy grin for that lot and it's good to play a nice simple racer in which you can be a bit of a shit to each other. Some nice blocking moves from all there.

Really needs some power-ups, slipstreaming or something to mix it up but knowing milkstone they are probably already working on it.

I'll definitely be up for class A action when the patch comes out. That'll just be feckin silly...

Well the career is fully integrated into the online, so you can earn as much online as offline. By playing multiplayer, you're already doing the career!

The key to earning money quickly though is to do the challenges, and you can get loads of free new cars that way too. JUSt have a look at what you need to do and what cars you should be racing in to complete new challenges, etc.