IGNORED

The Kickstarter Group Thread

michael

29 minutes ago, Mikes said:

Interesting.... what would you say was the best escape room bopard games you've played? This is a new concept to me.

Check out this thread.

The main franchises are Unlock and Exit.  Unlock's a bit cheaper and can be resold because it's non-destructive (It's just a deck of cards with an app)

2 hours ago, Jimmyzilla said:

Check out this thread.

The main franchises are Unlock and Exit.  Unlock's a bit cheaper and can be resold because it's non-destructive (It's just a deck of cards with an app)

I’ve just had a quick whizz through that thread and I can’t see any mention of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, which isn’t an escape room but does everything good that an escape room does about a million times better. I vastly prefer the casual pace of it, the go and think while doing the washing up aspect.

And you could probably get 3 of those for the price of this one. And it’s non-destructive. 

Just now, Rev said:

I’ve just had a quick whizz through that thread and I can’t see any mention of Sherlock Holmes Consulting Detective, which isn’t an escape room but does everything good that an escape room does about a million times better. I vastly prefer the casual pace of it, the go and think while doing the washing up aspect.

And you could probably get 3 of those for the price of this one. And it’s non-destructive. 

Haha I tried that in a board game cafe and it was too wordy, escape room games aren't that hard :lol:

I think the Blacklist Miniatures Fantasy pack was mentioned earlier but they have a late pledge open for another day or so.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/blacklistgames/blacklist-miniatures-fantasy-series-1

I looked into postage and import tax and they state that it is shipped from their UK distribution centre so there will be no surprises. It was about $88 all in which seems a good price for what you get.

9 hours ago, Jimmyzilla said:

Haha I tried that in a board game cafe and it was too wordy, escape room games aren't that hard :lol:

I don't think that's the right environment. At home, maybe a glass or two of whisky, couple of nerds to hand with someone taking notes and then slowly wandering through a case. And then getting utterly battered by Sherlock.

10 cases for approximately £35 is ridiculous value in comparison, and they're all better too.

7 hours ago, Rev said:

I don't think that's the right environment. At home, maybe a glass or two of whisky, couple of nerds to hand with someone taking notes and then slowly wandering through a case. And then getting utterly battered by Sherlock.

10 cases for approximately £35 is ridiculous value in comparison, and they're all better too.

Oh yeah definitely, it's not a game that you can just quickly dip into!  It would be nice to try it again some time but getting people together is a bit more difficult these days...

I'm making do with playing games on BGA at the moment

5 hours ago, Jimmyzilla said:

Oh yeah definitely, it's not a game that you can just quickly dip into!  It would be nice to try it again some time but getting people together is a bit more difficult these days...

I'm making do with playing games on BGA at the moment

The last time I looked the first one is on Tabletop Simulator, but that’s also not really the point. 

Give it another go though, if you like escape rooms you’ll definitely enjoy it. It’s just a bit more intimidating to start. 

On 20/07/2020 at 09:26, jonnyalpha said:

It also adds taxes and shipping on top. That added so much to my last KS purchase that I'll now only go for small box games or ones that are UK based projects. I've paid more on KS by the time tax and shipping was added than I would have done on retail prices a few months later. 

Yeah, shipping (plus taxes) is bloody expensive these days. It's also amazingly complex with different fulfillment companies giving different tax advice. For DotD I'm making sure that total price including shipping will be less than MSRP for the UK and USA (although getting into retail is a distant thought atm, if we fund I'm in the mindset of ordering just a few more to sell personally from either myself, or a US fulfiller, rather than get into shops.)

13 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Sherlock Holmes is closest me, @strawdonkey and @Pelekophoros have come to an argument*. That was really weird.

*Like a legit argument rather than just calling each other cunts.

Me and one of my best friends still laugh about an evening we had many years ago with Sherlock-Holmes-Consulting-Smug-Bastard (Sleuth Games edition), which saw my friend literally screaming "It's a fucking SUICIDE.  It's OBVIOUSLY A FUCKING SUICIDE!!!" at us all.  And demanding we call it, and check the outcome/questions.  We placated him and he grumpily agreed to visit "one last location".  The person there completely ruled out his theory and he humble-pied it for the next hour as we still failed to work out what had gone on.

On 21/07/2020 at 09:52, moosegrinder said:

Sherlock Holmes is closest me, @strawdonkey and @Pelekophoros have come to an argument*. That was really weird.

*Like a legit argument rather than just calling each other cunts.

I think if I'd been given a billion guesses what would cause you all to argue it wouldn't have been Sherlock. I am entertained.

Just backed this Steven Universe card game, for son for his birthday (although it’s likely to not get here until early 2021). Looks extremely geeky and is right up his street. He will absolutely thrash me at it. Shipping from US is a killer, but it’s a Kickstarter exclusive and isn’t going to get a retail release. So if it’s rubbish we can sit on it for a year then flog it on eBay for massive profit.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Pandasaurus have a new Dinosaur Island game up on Kickstarter with a smaller roll n write game with an ace name. I'd like Rawr n Write but $30 + shipping + inevitable customs = nope.

There’s EU and UK friendly shipping. There shouldn’t be any extra customs regardless of the government. Doesn’t make it cheap, obv, but at least predictable.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have today received my first really large (in volume terms) Kickstarter - Etherfields.  Awaken Realms has developed into a really slick KS operation these days after a rocky start (judging by comments made some time ago in this thread).  

They have included promos -  graphic novel and a crew member dog tag for their next big project - a co-op with a space exploration theme - ISS Vanguard.

Obligatory photo

IMG_2256.jpeg