The Kickstarter Group Thread

I've got it on watch but my pledge this month has gone on Pax Pamir.  Unfortunately there is a Swedish game which seems to have a vaguely similar theme, albeit with a much darker pallette.   Frosthaven coming in a couple of weeks too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/03/2020 at 15:29, jonnyalpha said:

I've backed it but it's not looking hopeful. Less than 100 backers so far and less than 20% of the target. I do hope it picks up but kickstarters often struggle if they don't fly on the first couple of days. 

That's great you backed it. Unfortunately they pulled it a few days ago as it obviously wasn't going to hit its (huge!) target. It was an uphill struggle for unknown designers with a new product to start with, but apparently many KS are seeing lower than usual backing due to the current state of the World.

I suggested a few things, like make the target lower, as many far bigger games seem to have relatively small targets. But apparently they're not accurate for covering production costs as they know they'll rake in far more, whereas smaller games have to make their money back. You can create a target below what you need I guess and hope for the best. Also, I think £59 is a bit much, one reason being, they went to great trouble to ensure the game was 100% green but then didn't use the fact in any marketing. So they'll be doing that in the future.

They're listening to feedback and will be re-launching at a later date with improved components, upfront stretch goals on display and maybe one or two other neat little extras. I had a couple of design ideas I thought would be cool, so be interesting to see if they implement any of those.

I'll let you all know when it's back on track. :)

• Upvote 2
  • 2 months later...

Whoever's running the Nemesis Kickstarter is pushing hard with the adverts on Facebook and Instagram.

There's also a Boss Monster board game coming in June. I liked Boss Monster up until I suddenly didn't. Can't really explain it but I got rid of my copies.

I was also going to back Railroad Ink until I saw the shipping was as much as the game and ffffffffffuck that.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, moosegrinder said:

Whoever's running the Nemesis Kickstarter is pushing hard with the adverts on Facebook and Instagram.

There's also a Boss Monster board game coming in June. I liked Boss Monster up until I suddenly didn't. Can't really explain it but I got rid of my copies.

I was also going to back Railroad Ink until I saw the shipping was as much as the game and ffffffffffuck that.

Shipping is now a big problem and UK customs have become a massive pain. I'm no longer backing anything that isn't a UK project as I'm not risking the high postage and tax.

I set myself a limit of KS for the calendar year and, allowing for forthcoming Hexplore Vol IV and the Serious Poulp offering, I've almost reached it already :o.    $26 taxes on Frosthaven should be sufficient motivation.    Still, got a couple of products - Philosophia and The Artefact which should be with me this month.

23 hours ago, jonnyalpha said:

Shipping is now a big problem and UK customs have become a massive pain. I'm no longer backing anything that isn't a UK project as I'm not risking the high postage and tax.

Yeah, and Brexit is going to hit super hard. :(

• Empathy 1

I recently late-pledged the zombicide Night of the living dead set - looks good but a bit worried about rumours that CMON are not doing well financially. Also no idea of import tax hmmmm.

And pledged for Tiny Epic Pirates because their games are so dinky and fun (and cheap!) - I don't recall tax issues with them before

Nemesis? I almost got it on initial kickstarter but it didn't give me a buzz. Zombiecide I love and I do look at mini heavy games but not many of them interest me especially as I mostly play solo (zombicide I play with my son regularly though).

1 hour ago, Clipper said:

I recently late-pledged the zombicide Night of the living dead set - looks good but a bit worried about rumours that CMON are not doing well financially. Also no idea of import tax hmmmm.

Didn't they just get loads of money for a Disney Marvel game? I can't believe they're not doing well financially, they're raking in money on KS almost all the time.

44 minutes ago, Clipper said:

They might be fine they maybe running ahead of themselves cashflow wise

https://icv2.com/articles/news/view/45583/cmon-releases-more-info-going-concern-issue

they had trading suspended etc - might be nothing and gossip etc. I was only interested and googled once I had put my money down for the NotLD set :D

It's not gossip - 2019 accounts were delayed in mid April following going concern issues. A superficial Google doesn't reveak any update. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Also delighted to back that, and see that it's just passed its goal. Well done @Soo Denim

Can't wait to read the full thing.

Get it up on resetera, if that's allowed, and see if we you can knock off a few stretch goals.

On 01/07/2020 at 15:10, Soo Denim said:

Thought some of you might be interested in this. Just for the sake of clarity,  I’m involved in it!

Backed. Sounds great and have never played a RPG before. Sounds like the perfect intro for me and my son.

• Upvote 2

Backed this. Good price point for an indie rpg I think.

Initially I skim read the description and thought it was set in the 2000AD universe, which meant I wasn't interested (never having read/seen/etc. anything from that world*).

Good luck with the rest of the K.S.

*Apart from Slaine on the ZX Spectrum, which I didn't even realise was 2000AD related at the time.

5 hours ago, Glasgowchivas said:

Backed. Sounds great and have never played a RPG before. Sounds like the perfect intro for me and my son.

Yep. Same here, backed

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/07/2020 at 01:27, Mikes said:

I just backed the *&% out of this.

I was just about to post something about this too! It looks marvellous :)