rllmuk
michael

The Kickstarter Group Thread

Another dungeon terrain Kickstarter, clicks together lego style and you seen to get plenty of pieces in the various packs.. 

International shipping is going to be the bugger on this though.. 

Bit of drama going on with the CMON Bloodborne game. The pledge manager was released and shipping costs are massively inflated from the estimates given during the campaign (some countries are 200-300% higher than the estimate, even the US is significantly higher). 

They also conveniently sent out the pledge manager the day after the full refund period expired. The comments section on the KS page is getting blown up but no reply as yet.

Would be wary backing any of their games in the future. For a company with CMON's experience it seems pretty dodgy to give such misleading shipping estimates, they know from day 1 exactly what will be going out in terms of stretch goals etc.

I don't think I've ever played a cmon game but for some reason - that reason being that their entire business model seems to be predicated on fear of missing out - I really have a pretty intense dislike for them...

Bloodborne - just checked mine I have the base game pledge (at the -$10 early discount)

Sub-total:$90.00

Shipping estimate Kickstarter: EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries. 

Actual Shipping cost:$33.27 

Ill wait to see if this changes and confirm later.

1 hour ago, shynra said:

Bloodborne - just checked mine I have the base game pledge (at the -$10 early discount)

Sub-total:$90.00

Shipping estimate Kickstarter: EUROPE: $20-$30 to most countries. 

Actual Shipping cost:$33.27 

Ill wait to see if this changes and confirm later.

Aye we get off relatively lightly. Going for any add ons? 

I'm only tempted by the kickstarter exclusive big expansions, I only had a quick look but many of them had massive models, I do not paint so they are really wasted on me. I'll see if one of the bigger kickstarter exclusive boxes which has more content/extra board /not massive figures and grab it. But might be happy with just the base and the regular expansions when they are at retail (if I play it that much). 

I went all in batman season 1 and looking at season 2 I think im served well enough already. May grab the 5th player expation + missions but will read into it more. 

Considering Hunter's Dream as it adds content to all campaigns. Tempted to drop it and get Batman instead, just had a look at it there and S1 looks great, what did you think of it?

Thunderstone Quest is coming back to Kickstarter. I keep wanting to back Thunderstone as I loved the original but they tend to be way too expensive to justify. Also, as the Bloodborne kickstarter has show, postage costs are going up.

61889046_2203122853057845_5500785205507522560_o.png

Also, the Lords of Hellas debacle continues apace with Awaken Realms responding in only copied and pasted responses and not addressing anything else. A friend in Brighton has his sundrop wave two and I still haven't got my wave 1 core. Safe to say I'll never back anything with Awaken Realms at the helm again.

On the upside though, I (FINALLY) got my 7th Continent second wave delivery the other week. Now I just need to find the space and time to pick up where I left off my last game about a year ago.

35 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Also, the Lords of Hellas debacle continues apace with Awaken Realms responding in only copied and pasted responses and not addressing anything else. A friend in Brighton has his sundrop wave two and I still haven't got my wave 1 core. Safe to say I'll never back anything with Awaken Realms at the helm again.

Disappointing to hear, they have some cool looking games, tempted by a late pledge for Tainted Grail. Were the problems widespread?

4 minutes ago, Kzo said:

Disappointing to hear, they have some cool looking games, tempted by a late pledge for Tainted Grail. Were the problems widespread?

Oooooooooooooooh fuck yes. Very little communication is the worst of it but people getting their pledges are complaining of wrong versions of what they ordered, missing pieces, broken pieces, defective parts, no shipping or tracking notices and stuff just appearing out of the blue, all sorts. Personally something fucked my pledge manager and it didn't fulfill which I originally thought was my fault but I later found other people had the same problem, so I had to wait till final wave 2 shipping which is I think more than a year after I should have got it. If you can see the comments without being a backer have a read:

• Upvote 1

@moosegrinder Is Lords of Helas the same team working on Nemesis? The communication’s been really good for that game. Got the core box ages ago and waiting on the second wave now. Updates all the times with pics. Backed Tainted Grail off the back of the experience.

Lords of Helas core box was going for fifty quid at UKGE, £110 on the Awaken Realms stall. Weird they can’t manage to ship your stuff when it looks like they have a surplus!

@womblingfree apparently so. I've no idea what's going on but it seems to me like it's two completely different studios because I'm not sure Lords of Hellas could have been handled worse.

And yeah, I saw it for £50 at UKGE which pissed me off no end.

12 hours ago, Kzo said:

Considering Hunter's Dream as it adds content to all campaigns. Tempted to drop it and get Batman instead, just had a look at it there and S1 looks great, what did you think of it?

Ill look into hunters dream when i get round to it - thanks.

Batman is big! had to separate the 1st mission content and carry separately to work to play. Only played once - seems cool. But your best served reading impressions of people that have played it a lot more than me :D

Why oh why oh why are there so many kickstarters I want just now all landing at the same time... also, about 5 days before pay day.  There two specifically I've had to pull out of simply because they fall at just before pay day at the end of this month... 

• Empathy 1

3 hours ago, Tourist said:

On the upside though, I (FINALLY) got my 7th Continent second wave delivery the other week. Now I just need to find the space and time to pick up where I left off my last game about a year ago.

Mine arrived Saturday, after shlepping back from UKGE laden with goodies. Ironically, whilst waiting for the postie,  I was playing a few rounds of The Lost Expedition (a great wee game and tough to boot) and the theme of 7th Continent is very broadly similar.   Now that's a game where, if I ever post on it, spoilers will be spoilers :lol:.

2 hours ago, womblingfree said:

Weird they can’t manage to ship your stuff when it looks like they have a surplus!

Still find the Board Game Industry strange at times.  For example, I was checking Board Game Prices to see if I'd been overcharged for The Lost Expedition, only to find it out of stock in the UK (it now seems to be available at Amazon).  Yet there were stacks available on the Osprey stand.  I understand the on-line (and convention) sales business model adopted by the likes of Chip Set Games, fair enough, it reduces overheads significantly, but that doesn't explain why the likes of Queensdale aren't pushed down into retail.  There is an awful lot of cynicism too, scalpers re-selling kick-starters etc, but then again I suppose there are scalpers everywhere.  Lots of FOMO swirling around - which is pretty much absent in the video game sector now  - I admit I'm as guilty as anyone.

I wish I hadn't backed Bloodborne now, which started leaving a bad taste when they announced all the additional costly bits during the campaign, but, on the other hand, I've not had a poor KS experience yet (other than delays) and it's nice to have something not generally available, even if its not ultimately one to be kept.    There is one game on my pledge list which might not make it at all (still being play tested 12 months on), but several (!) more are on route.   At least I'm caught up with things missed first time around (Gloom of Kilforth, 7th Continent etc) -(there goes that FOMO again...).

Edited by Cosmic_Guru

And now we’re a Kickstarter project they love and are on Jamey Stegmaier’s blog. All of which is far too late to do anything with (I’m in bed), but it’s nice to have:)

• Upvote 9

8 hours ago, therearerules said:

And now we’re a Kickstarter project they love and are on Jamey Stegmaier’s blog. All of which is far too late to do anything with (I’m in bed), but it’s nice to have:)

Congratulations! Looking forward to getting it :)

I cancelled my Batman Chronicles pledge. Another £100+ giant game that demands multiple plays to understand that I’ll probably never get time to use with billions of mini-figs just ain’t going to fly. The Shut Up & Sit Down review was the final nail in the coffin.

Think I’ll get Conan instead. :D

I actually thought Batman Chronicles was a slightly better game than Conan once you've understood the more extensive rules. It has a bit more scope for different interactions in the scenarios. No Pun Included did the most balanced review I think.

I've gone off Shut up & Sit Down a bit since the Blood on the Clocktower review that came across like a bit of an advertorial. They always used to be very harsh on Kickstarter games, especially pricey ones, no matter how good the game was, so it felt a little strange.

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Benny said:

I actually thought Batman Chronicles was a slightly better game than Conan one you've understood the more extensive rules. It has a bit more scope for different interactions in the scenarios. No Pun Included did the most balanced review I think.

I've gone off Shut up & Sit Down a bit since the Blood on the Clocktower review that came across like a bit of an advertorial. They always used to be very harsh on Kickstarter games, especially pricey ones, no matter how good the game was, so it felt a little strange.

It’s a fantastic game where the cost is absolutely justified in gameplay terms- it couldn’t cost less and still exist. It’s extremely different to most expensive KSs in that regard.