rllmuk
michael

The Kickstarter Group Thread

I think it all depends on the circumstances. I imagine that every developer acting in good faith is straining every sinew to ensure "backlog" doesn't happen with their schedule, because it is important to consumers.  For example I've just received Black Sonata, the game which was held up in Germany for several weeks owing to a basic error in international freight documentation, but it's such a beaut that I've immediately backed Side Room Games current KS https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/771559871/maquis.  I might well not have done so otherwise.  They won't make the same mistake again.  Similarly Gloom of Kilforth (second print) only just squeeked home before the second game in the franchise went live.   

Each case should probably be reviewed in some detail on its merits by someone who understands the process to consider the underlying causes of the delays and also how communication with backers has been handled.  That's probably a fairly time intensive process though, not well suited to the age of the algorithm.  For me as a backer it seems fair for KS to have the option to pull projects for a length of  time where the evidence suggests the developers have basic design or manufacture shit to sort out on current projects and shouldn't be overextending.

I don't think it's about fulfillment, I believe it's because Maple Games is Kolossal, they were using a proxy company to try and get around the 'only 1 KS at a time' issue.

• Upvote 1

What is the quality of the models for these cmon games? I haven't backed a big box kickstarter in years because I didn't enjoy painting the models, but I've been thinking about having a big project to work on. I know mantic have improved a lot with their miniatures, well with walking dead and hellboy at least, and I've seen quite a few painted examples of the fantasy zombicide that look very detailed.

Just in case you haven't read it in the general gaming section, I have a Kickstarter out now, Forks, which is a small quick card game about clever number play rather than take that esque mechanics. Just £10, including UK postage for the first 48 hours.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/radical8games/forks-a-card-game-about-embezzling-investing-and-c?ref=project_build

1423737064_kickstarterimage10copy.thumb.png.59ecf4d3d6188ccf49a35b2f5631ea74.png

• Upvote 7

A card game where you can screw over your opponents and it has some drafting? Backed!

I would say good luck but as it's already funded that seems a little surplus to requirements. So instead I hope the number of backers exceeds your expectations :D 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Skeeez said:

With the risk of sounding like a complete div. Why is the game called Forks?

Someone hasn’t watched the Kickstarter video.... :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Stejay said:

Someone hasn’t watched the Kickstarter video.... :rolleyes:

:D must admit I hadn’t watched that. Bought it off the strength of the demo by that young lad from Airecon. 

• Upvote 1

Ahhh, I meant to write that in the FAQ bit. Basically its about giving your neighbour a terrible choice, and I played a lot of chess when I was younger and read about Morton's Fork when trying to come up with a name. A fork = a choice where both options are terrible :)

• Upvote 2

Almost at 700% backed- and a good number of that is RLLMUK :D I’ve got ideas for more stretch goals, but I’ve got to check myself because for the increase in manufacturing price to be covered by the savings from order quantity increases it would have to be a long stretch!

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, therearerules said:

Almost at 700% backed- and a good number of that is RLLMUK :D I’ve got ideas for more stretch goals, but I’ve got to check myself because for the increase in manufacturing price to be covered by the savings from order quantity increases it would have to be a long stretch!

In all fairness, for a tenner delivered stretch goals aren't something I'd expect :P

On 15/05/2019 at 20:20, Gord said:

Ordered. I want hand delivery to my house please. 

Poop. My backing didn't work.:o