Sonic All Star Racing Transformed (2012)

I am really enjoying this, great fun - i have found easy, err, easy and medium a nice challenge - i'm not doing great on hard but it seems challenging rather than impossible!

Quick question, can you have different profiles so the kids can have a game each on it, couldn't see any obvious way of doing this?

Just make a Wii U account for the kids.

I am really enjoying this, great fun - i have found easy, err, easy and medium a nice challenge - i'm not doing great on hard but it seems challenging rather than impossible!

Quick question, can you have different profiles so the kids can have a game each on it, couldn't see any obvious way of doing this?

Yes, just have a different Mii set up and choose them from the initial screen on the Wii U.

Some games share saves across profiles though, but Sonic doesn't.

For some reason, my daughter's licence is called "Player 1" though, not her Mii name. Don't know why.

Depends what you mean.

If you mean simultaneously, no.

If you're on 360 when you boot the game it'll ask you which profile you want to be.

The PS3 version will use the profile you booted the game with, same for WiiU.

The 360 version for online supports Gold-guest, convert silver to Gold, etc.

Yes, just have a different Mii set up and choose them from the initial screen on the Wii U.

Some games share saves across profiles though, but Sonic doesn't.

For some reason, my daughter's licence is called "Player 1" though, not her Mii name. Don't know why.

Probably because Miis under certain ages have various restrictions from the console level - we can't get access to the profile name if under a certain age. (At least that's what I recall.)

Probably because Miis under certain ages have various restrictions from the console level - we can't get access to the profile name if under a certain age. (At least that's what I recall.)

Oh really? Well, that explains it for Sonic, but then why not for Nintendoland?

Not sure if this is due to the recent patch; just started to S-Rank after completing the game on 2 stars. I found 2 stars to be a reasonable challenge and was expecting S-Rank to be nails. Thus far I've waltzed through S-Rank, finishing first a number of times on my first run despite ballsing up the level repeatedly. Seems at odds with the difficulty of the game pre-patch.

That aside, wonderful game. Probably the best kart game I've played and that includes the MK series.

This game is amazing!

I have spent far too much time on this today (apparently) and i am loving it, its the variety that lifts it above Mario Kart (anything bar the snes game) in single player and i'm finding the difficulty to be ok but i've only played it patched as only had it a week or so. Have so far done 3 stars on all of the first levels and working my way through the rest!

I very nearly missed this game and had i not bought a wii u i probably wouldn't have got it on the 360, really glad i did get it and only £15 in HMV so utter bargain!!!

• 3 months later...

This is a bit hard isn't it? :lol:

Well maybe not hard but definitely challenging. More so than Mario Kart. I'm currently going through career mode on medium difficulty setting and I'm having trouble with finishing first, or hell, even 3rd some times. I guess that ultimately it comes down to track knowledge above anything else. In that regard it's not like Mario Kart (3DS) where you can just go at it and finish first even on your first ever playthrough.

Also I'm loving this. :)

This is a bit hard isn't it? :lol:

Well maybe not hard but definitely challenging. More so than Mario Kart. I'm currently going through career mode on medium difficulty setting and I'm having trouble with finishing first, or hell, even 3rd some times. I guess that ultimately it comes down to track knowledge above anything else. In that regard it's not like Mario Kart (3DS) where you can just go at it and finish first even on your first ever playthrough.

Also I'm loving this. :)

When it clicks it becomes easier and you really get into it. That's why it works so well on that 'just one more go' level :-)

I didn't play for ages though and now I can't remember how to make it click, I was trying for S level and things and now I'm useless again :D

Yeah I pretty much have the basics locked down it's just that I'm now up against the AI which is making my life pretty damn difficult. Even though I'm sometimes hitting all of the boosts, drifting every single corner and make use of my items effectively they still manage to overtake me every now and then. But I guess that's just what makes hard... hard.

Thoroughly enjoying this though and I appreciate how Sega have managed to create something which isn't just a Mario Kart clone but could damn well challenge that franchise for the #1 kart/arcade racing spot.

And the intro for this is great! :D

I liked BD Joe up until Vyse was unlocked, then switched to him. Certain events require a different type of character though, I found Sonic best for the Traffic Attack ones, Tails best for the Ring ones and then any with high acceleration for those knockout ones where you race one-on-one three times in a row.

Yeah, you will need to switch character, we do that intentionally :P

If anyone has the PC version and hasn't played it in a while, it's worth checking it again. We've been adding and tweaking a few things - and there are a few more surprises in the pipeline too.

I am also twisting arms to see if we can fetch them back to the console ones too, just before anyone asks...

---

S0L

---

S0L, picked this up in the Steam sale and wasnt expecting too much, but fucking christ, move over mario kart. im in love with the Afterburner stages and music. also WHERE IS TOE JAM AND EARL?

great stuff. Apart from the "beat the ghost" race with Pudding in the world tour. Pudding can fuck right off.

If anyone has the PC version and hasn't played it in a while, it's worth checking it again. We've been adding and tweaking a few things - and there are a few more surprises in the pipeline too.

What is there besides the new characters? Only had a quick go, but I did like the FM guy.

Nicky lets race eachother like the sophisticated gentlemen we are. Anyone else has this for PC and still playing?

sure find me in the rllmuk group. it'll have to be tomorrow or sommert, im off to bed shortly.

sure find me in the rllmuk group. it'll have to be tomorrow or sommert, im off to bed shortly.

Ah yeah sure, off to hit the sack as well (so you know what that means, browsing the internet on the phone :eyebrows: ).

Race you tomorrow!

S0L, picked this up in the Steam sale and wasnt expecting too much, but fucking christ, move over mario kart. im in love with the Afterburner stages and music.

I've not posted this for a while!

Also, here's how to really play it

• 2 weeks later...

Damn this game is good. It succeeds in making you feel like you're going fast, like really fast. I'd go as far as to say that this is probably the best arcade racer I've played in a looooooong time. Heh, probably this gen? I love how inventive all the tracks are and the dynamic nature of the races.

Unless Mario Kart 8 changes shit up I reckon that this is by far my favourite racing game.

Disclaimer: Not that I don't enjoy the MK games, on the contrary, but as with Rayman Origins other companies seem to surpass Nintendo at their own game(s). Not that I'm complaining, especially if that leads to Nintendo having to step up their game.

• 4 months later...