rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
roberthazelby

Pac-Man Battle Royale - 4 Deluxe Units in the UK

Morning all,

Just received the following (via facebook) from the Pac-Man Battle Royale feed...

Attention UK fans. Hollywood Bowl just checked in with 4 locations that have the Pac-Man Battle Royale Deluxe units. The locations are Stevenage, Bury, Basildon, and Norwich.

If anyone on here gets along it'd be great if you could let us know how it plays and take some photos.

I played it earlier this month in Arcade UFO, in Austin TX. I absolutely love it; it's like a 4 player pac man CE and brilliantly tense when thigs start speeding up. Plus you can mash that lovely big start button to cover the rival pac mans in splatters.

Why isn't there going to be one in Glasgow? :(

I was hoping there'd be an XBLA version.

My wife is obsessed - obsessed - with CE on the PSP. If I show her this she won't sleep nights. Any chance of a home release?

My wife is obsessed - obsessed - with CE on the PSP. If I show her this she won't sleep nights. Any chance of a home release?

Wasnt there some kind of demo released on the ipad in the US?

There's a huge stand-up cab at Namco Station in London which looks gorgeous, all neon-lit. It feels like you're about to go on a game show rather than play Pac-Man. It was set to best of three rounds the weekend before last and the whole experience was over far too quickly as a consequence (often with no outright winner). I was familiar with C.E. so I was at an advantage for the first few rounds but everyone soon got into it.

It is, perhaps predictably, the only thing besides Outrun 2, worth playing at Namco Station. I remember when the top floor used to be stacked with Capcom fighters.