IGNORED

Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

Blimey registering for a knockout heat has proven to be a much more involved process than it needs to have been.  The TCR Discord is full of confused people asking the same questions over and over.  I feel sorry for the mods having to deal with it - but they have made it overly confusing in the way they're slowly drip feeding out new server slots IMHO.

Anyhow - I'm racing in Heat 19 on Thursday this week...

I do appreciate the effort in the mod though.  It would have been a relatively easy project given the data they had but a fuck load of people now know about WTCR.

And because TCR is a worldwide rules package then thanks to people doing skins you can already race, eg - The Challenge series in the US where they run alongside GT4.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

The server is setup for practice at Longford.  I selected the car that the track author used in his video...

image.png.310bf23be10b42cff5c01b27c0ff99bc.png

You can download the track mod here:-

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/longford-1967.2741/

When searching for the server in content manager, be sure to turn OFF the 'Use caching server for lobby' option.   Having this option turned on was almost certainly the reason why lots of people had issues finding the server in the past...  just click the 3 dots to the bottom right of the server browser...

image.png.8aa055ad8ba50b747b06baf5be52d6d0.png

Hey guys! Hope you're all doing well, haven't had time to stop by here in forever!
In case you don't have anything scheduled for tomorrow night: I'm organizing a race event with SimRacing Unlimited and RaceDepartment using the RSS GT pack. The plan is to do two 30-minute races at Donington and Spa, respectively, starting at 7pm CET. There are still some spots on the grid, so if you want in, feel free to join our simracing.gp community here.

sru-socials-1920x1080-v1-min.jpg

Unfortunately I can't race on Thursday as I'm heading down to Bristol for Christmas, loving the car and track combo though so I'll post my quickest time in a bit....

Really interested in the event tomorrow though @Yannik.  I've just registered for your community so hoping I'll be able to race.

• 2 weeks later...

I bought this game today because I've been looking for more focused experience as opposed to the open world approach Forza Horizon has been giving me. I first tried the new Grid because it was on gamepass but the handling in that didn't appeal to me at all. And then I saw this was on sale and I knew it's a game with it's fans because I regularly see this topic on the first page so I thought I'd give it a go.

But I think I need some help because I don't have much experience with sims. To easy myself in I turned off most of the realism options and put the AI on easy but it's still kicking my ass :hmm:. I'm doing the first event, I managed the two time trials with a gold medal but the quick races are very difficult. It's so easy to make a tiny mistake and go from first to last in 2 seconds. 

I realize it's also a matter of just practicing, but maybe I'm just doing it wrong because I don't know anything about tweaking all the car settings so I just left them at the default. Is it possible to play the game like that or do you have to get involved with that part of the game? And any other beginner tips? Should I practice with manual gears? 

I don't know if the console version is different but the AC career has always been rubbish on PC.

But then they don't actually expect you to PLAY it on a PC rather than head straight to RaceDepartment.

• 5 months later...

The latest update to CSP has enabled AC to have VR tracked controllers mapped to the in game hands!

And then the Quest 2s controller-less hand tracking functionality can be used on top of that to provide real time hand tracking.  Early days, but this looks brilliant.  

Ive wanted for a while the ability for other drivers to be able to see me waving/flipping them off from my car, looks like we are getting close!  Modding FTW

Instructions on how to set it up below: