IGNORED

Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

8 hours ago, davejm said:

Guys, that was one of the most enjoyable gaming experiences I've had.  Incredible!

I'll try and get some videos and screenshots tomorrow.

Thanks all, just brilliant fun.

That was mad fun indeed guys! Sorry I cut it a bit short and being a bit quiet after my switch to ACC, started to get a bit tired and had to focus on setting my new rim up for all the functions in ACC before heading to bed.

I've been feeling a bit under the weather for the last couple of days, kids are ill and I think we're getting it now too. We all tested yesterday, no COVID thankfully. Seems there's another bug doing the rounds over here. 3rd broken night in a row (the wee girl cries occasionally and the wee lad jumps out of bed in the middle of the night). Hopefully they recover soon, no fun seeing them like this.

I loved that.  Some of those old cars are just :wub:

I enjoyed the "race" at the end too.  I thought the bit with me ramming whoever it was who'd done an Austin powers and got themselves wedged in between the Amubulance and the Fire Engine was a highlight :lol:

1 hour ago, milko said:

Haha, that was @SneakyNinja. I was laughing too hard to use your rough tactics and ended up stuck behind another barrier for my troubles.

Guilty as charged! No idea how I managed to get wedged in there like that. I was Austin Powers'ing my way out but it was slow going as I was using a clutch and H shifter, so thanks to @Valver for the 'nudge' :) 

I still can't really believe that this tech is here. There we were, sat in our cars overlooking the bay, looking up at @Erik in his massive Porsche (compared to the older, lower cars) and it amazed me that I could see the branding on the tyres of other cars, or see myself in the mirror (spooky) all in VR. The use of a clutch etc. in VR really adds to the sense of being there. Last night was my first proper go at using it all at once. Amazing.

@milkoYes, I commented  last night that they really need to implement in car model head turning at the very least - so we can see when we are looking at each other.  As it is the other car's driver just constantly stares ahead all the time and it freaks me out.  It's almost passive aggression 

The Quest could easily add in its bare-hand tracking tech too.  Matching your exact hand movements on the wheel and shifter and waving to fellow drivers would be brilliant.  I have to try and tune out when the in car model is shifting with their right hand while my gear stick is mounted on the left.  If I focus on it it makes my brain do a weird. 😖

In summary I *love* VR for driving - but its still possible for it to be even better:

image.png.8353618f5289d74c68eabafcb4a9f39d.png

Edited by Valver
added a meme

5 minutes ago, Meers said:

Guess what caused this one:

My guesses include:

1. That is a 3000Watt doorbell chime

2. Vigorous horizontal jogging in the bedroom directly above this

3. unintended consequences of a cheap baked beans super-sale at the local supermarket

Any of those close?

edit: nice spoon collection :sherlock:

10 minutes ago, Valver said:

My guesses include:

1. That is a 3000Watt doorbell chime

2. Vigorous horizontal jogging in the bedroom directly above this

3. unintended consequences of a cheap baked beans super-sale at the local supermarket

Any of those close?

edit: nice spoon collection :sherlock:

Those are some very good and well-educated guesses there!

1. Was my first thought as well, but there people don't get many visitors judging by the state of the rest of their house. And the bell isn't heavy enough either to be causing that.

2. Old people, slim chance of that still happening.

3. They're called 'white beans in tomato sauce' over here, so that's debunked as well.

It's a combination of building on marshy soil, too much windmilling (pumping groundwater into the sea), extremely dry summers recently, building style (it's from 1867) and years of deferred maintenance.

Anyway, enough of this malarkey.

I managed to get SOL working on the server.  I've configured Union Island freeroam with a x24 time multiplier :) Just had a blast just as the sun was going down!

You'll need SOL 2.1.3 if you want to go back on at any point.  I can see myself dipping in every now and again.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah, there's some dodges. The BMW is actually a 3 series in the BTCC for example.

And if you're doing 2021 you're currently missing the Infiniti, Hyundai and Corolla.

Although you could probably adapt a Huyndai TCR.

If you race department and google right there's quite a lot of historic btcc around too including basically everything from the 1990-2000 Super touring era and the Sierra RS500s.

^^ I'll do a first race certainly.

You know, you can have a beautifully rendered attempt at a real series all you like in ACC.

In AC I just did a 50 car race in VR at Road Atlanta where I did cars right from LMP1 down to those new free TCR cars (because at every step pairs of those classes do share races).  Amazingly it all worked, there was only 1 retirement and given that was a Toyota LMP1 on lap 1 I assume he tripped over another LMP1.

Finished 15th in an Aston GTE if you're wondering, just failing to catch a Corvette GTE and just ahead of a Ligier LMP3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 22/10/2021 at 22:39, davejm said:

Anyone fancy taking part in the simracing.gp TCR Virtual 2021?

https://beta.simracing.gp/communities/QsDC54crAFf9Vq_wzvaTw#about

There are 10 minute qualifying races every 15 minutes, and I just did mine :)  Then a series of heats with 50% of the field going through to the next.  Will be interesting to see if I can get out of the first heat! :D

I have now qualified for this too...

image.png.b8f471872ebf8dfa968169c028b6e73e.png

I just downloaded the updated car pack, ready for the knockout rounds to start on the 8th.

Am I right in thinking every race will be at the "Nürburgring TCR"?  I ought to get some practice in this weekend.

It seems the knockout races will run quite frequently.  I wonder if theres a strategy on when to enter a race so I can enter one that it isn't full of aliens/professionals and have a chance of progressing - maybe wait till later and let all the try-hards enter the first few day's races?

1 hour ago, davejm said:

@Valver when do the first round races run until?  I might get a couple of evenings practice this week.

Round One - Monday 8th - 12th November - Practice 5 Minutes - Qualifying 8 Minutes - Race 15 Minutes

edit:  
The track for the first knock out rounds will be Laguna Seca.  Mod file will be on simracing.gp.  Races will take place at 19:00 (local time to the region)