IGNORED

Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

I've added 4 new mod cars to the Union Island cruise server.  You'll need to download the mods from a google share that I've created.  The link is in the Discord server > rllmuk Racing > Announcements channel.  Just download the 4 archives and 'drag and drop' into Content Manager to install.

Enjoy :)

Dodge Viper RT/10

image.png.6af74d192673701cdd5f46b816f83779.png

Jaguar XJ13

image.png.c7141ae7ef2d50905bf7e0362d1bd87e.png

Lola T70 MkII Spyder 

image.png.11adc040ade00cb650460e913cefd66d.png

BMW M4 Convertible

image.png.0b6850eac9870ce915723c8879e456be.png

EDIT: I also added the Ferrari 330 P4 (1967) but that's just a DLC car so no need to download a mod for that.

10 minutes ago, Valver said:

@davejm I get a checksum failed error and get kicked if I pick the KTM X-bow.   That's an addon car too, and I can see from Race Department that a few versions have been released...  Could you add the one the server is using to the folder.  Ta!

Can you try it again?  The issue seemed to be that the server didn't have the correct car pack from the game; so I've just applied it.  Shouldn't need to download it.

4 minutes ago, Valver said:

I went to Race Department and used the following link to install the X-Bow

https://cdn.esport-simracing.com/content/cars/ks_ktm_xbow_gt4.zip

Whatever we both did - its fixed I can join now, using that car.

Previously the X-bow mod I had was 74Megs, vs this one at 82 Megs

Nice one.  I've copied it to the share just in case.

On 21/09/2021 at 10:29, davejm said:

Here is the Race Department download link for the track...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/union-island.45276/

I downloaded the track, unpacked it in the AC tracks folder and it shows up in CM, but when I load the track for a drive, it gives me an error. No idea what I've done different than all the other track I've added this way.

Maybe don't unpack it manually?  Try just dragging and dropping the archive file in content manager.  You'll see the green flashing icon in the top right to indicate that content is to be added, click that and then install the track.  I think CM might add other meta data stuff when done this way, rather than just picking it up from the tracks folder.

Worth a go.  You might have to remove the initial install from content manager before you try it.

3 minutes ago, davejm said:

Maybe don't unpack it manually?  Try just dragging and dropping the archive file in content manager.  You'll see the green flashing icon in the top right to indicate that content is to be added, click that and then install the track.  I think CM might add other meta data stuff when done this way, rather than just picking it up from the tracks folder.

Worth a go.  You might have to remove the initial install from content manager before you try it.

I'll give that method a go, Dave. Cheers!

10 hours ago, davejm said:

Still no joy. Gives me a 'race cancelled' error when loading the track.

22 minutes ago, davejm said:

Maybe it's something other than the track.  Do you have all the cars installed?

Can you load in single player?

Cars are installed, track as well the way you described, but still no joy. Either single player or multi player, same error. Calling it a night now. 

I installed the GT3 rim in the mean time as well and briefly tested it on ACC. It feels so much better than the P1, both in the hands and through the feedback. It's awesome! 

20210922_224437.thumb.jpg.77b0b149781b988bb67fe4b9e68c20a6.jpg

20210922_224352.thumb.jpg.815cacb7dda26db1c4167442d3db2bd7.jpg

I'll fix the AC issue tomorrow. Cheers! Night night! 

1 hour ago, davejm said:

How's the car selection @Valver?  Can't wait to tour around the Island in these beauties tomorrow 👍

The roads are narrow and quite slippery.  There are quite a lot of areas up the side of the mountain that have large drop offs and no guard rail.  I'll be picking something other than the Cobra or the Viper I think.  :lol:  Looking forward to exploring and just chatting.

edit @Meers That rim looks the nuts.  Very envious!

Meers, I think its probably related to Content Manager and the shaders mod. Could be simple version mismatch. Make sure CSP and Sol are latest stable versions. You can manually go delete the shaders and install them again. To narrow down the problem try to launch game with only required track and car mods and see if it works.

Well, just tried again before heading off for work and still no joy. Downloaded the track again, installed all the cars, tried to enter Dave's server but still gives me the 'race cancelled' error during loading.

It's weird because I recently added the new Zandvoort F1 track and the Race Sim Studio F1 2022 car, which work just fine.

CM has the most recent recommended version running as well. So I'm out of ideas now. Doesn't look good for tonight. :(

Just now, Erik said:

Meers, I think its probably related to Content Manager and the shaders mod. Could be simple version mismatch. Make sure CSP and Sol are latest stable versions. You can manually go delete the shaders and install them again. To narrow down the problem try to launch game with only required track and car mods and see if it works.

Cheers Erik, gonna try doing that tonight. I've updated all the track and car VAOs and configs too.