IGNORED

Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

34 minutes ago, winky said:

I signed up but I have no idea how to join a multiplayer race, is there an option via content manager?

Yeah in the Drive > Online menu...

image.png.52d541f16e19bb97c5355b1b35f3d261.png

It can be a bit fiddly as some of the filters might be turned on by default.

Those photos are amazing, this game is so beautiful!! Some of the best racing I've ever had last night, driving these cars is such a pleasure and Fat Alfie's Bremgarten is a stunning track. 

Race 1 I got lucky with incidents behind and was able to build up a nice gap for a relatively easy win.  I was glad of the 10% damage when I stacked it in the last corner towards the end of the race though, you need just the right level of zen-like focus to stay on top of these things!  Race 2 I had an excellent battle with @texlex45 and @Valver, although I should have been totally out of it after a spectacular accident through the fast twisty section after the mill.  @texlex45 was too fast for me in the end though and I had to push a bit too hard to keep up, ended up making mistakes and dropping back to settle for second.

Here's a link to all of Fat Alfie's tracks if any of you want to try them:

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/authors/fat-alfie.138572/

They're all incredible but Feldbergring and Deutschlandring are my personal favourites.  Bremgarten was such a dangerous track, but the downhill run through the town over cobbles at the start of the Feldbergring lap really is something else 😮

Deutschlandring is particularly interesting to me because it's a great visualization of what could have been. From what I remember, the track was never fully finished and they only ran one or two races before the war put a stop to it. Amazing to see how it could have turned out - and it looks very convincing, like it actually looked the way it does in Fat Alfie's version at some point. The guy is just unmatched when it comes to track creation for AC.

Yeah, a track with so much personality.  Super fast start section with the long banked corner, into the twisty, medium to fast section though the forest and the tight hairpins towards the end of the lap.  Really incredible track and a huge shame it was never used properly.

It's one of the best things about sim racing, getting to race on tracks like this that no longer exist 😍

1 minute ago, Count Buffalos said:

I really need to reinstall this again but it’s a bit of a daunting task.

It's not too bad once you're doing it, thinking about the steps is worse than carrying them out!  You only really need to download content manager and Sol to get the initial setup out of the way.

3 minutes ago, Count Buffalos said:

I really need to reinstall this again but it’s a bit of a daunting task.

I thought so too at first, but a standard install via Steam, then install Content Manager and the rest from there made it much easier. It handles (as the name suggests) all the mod stuff very well.

I do worry this is going to be the last great moddable sim.  You can't do much to ACC because it's a licenced game, rFactor's dev has just been bought by giant licencing conglomerate so there may be a crack down or a much less open rFactor 3, Project CARS is EA and in any case isn't really moddable, Auto Mobilista one moved from a moddable platform to an unmoddable one...

There's not a lot left.

7 hours ago, Yannik said:

The two stellar Bremgarten races were so good I just had to write something up for work about it. If you want, you can take a look at it here :)

I feel the need to wear one of these after reading that:

image.png.0311a588ecfa15557947ca82523b7d08.png 

Seeing as it is still the 'between season' gap for the ACC regulars - is there any interest in another AC event in the mean time?  I'm quite tempted by minis at Brand Hatch (short). 

Anyone around this Thursday to race if I set it up (on simracing.gp)?

14 minutes ago, snowbind said:

So I have a wheel arriving on Tuesday and bought acc, should I also pick up the og AC? It was only a tenne for the ultimate edition. Will it give me more racing options?

It's great to have both, as they're fundamentally different games. 

The wealth of mods on offer for AC means it's the ultimate sandbox driving/racing game.   I often just pick a car and track combo and go for a drive, and some of the free roam tracks are brilliant for that.  And we've had some really fun races with some cool car and track combos.

ACC is more tightly focussed (being the official SRO game for GT World Challenge) and is amazing.  But if you pick up AC too you'll be covered with all sorts of fun options.

58 minutes ago, snowbind said:

So I have a wheel arriving on Tuesday and bought acc, should I also pick up the og AC? It was only a tenne for the ultimate edition. Will it give me more racing options?

Are you on PC?  On PC, the original AC is pretty much the gold standard sim, due top its frankly ludicrously good mod scene.  e.g.  https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

So much choice in cars and tracks. 

It can be a bit of a steep learning curve to get everything up and running - but Content Manager helps with that a lot, and comes highly recommended:

https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

1 hour ago, davejm said:

It's great to have both, as they're fundamentally different games. 

The wealth of mods on offer for AC means it's the ultimate sandbox driving/racing game.   I often just pick a car and track combo and go for a drive, and some of the free roam tracks are brilliant for that.  And we've had some really fun races with some cool car and track combos.

ACC is more tightly focussed (being the official SRO game for GT World Challenge) and is amazing.  But if you pick up AC too you'll be covered with all sorts of fun options.

Fantastic, this is actually what I needed to hear. I do want to race, but the sandbox appeals loads. 

49 minutes ago, Valver said:

Are you on PC?  On PC, the original AC is pretty much the gold standard sim, due top its frankly ludicrously good mod scene.  e.g.  https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/assetto-corsa.1/

So much choice in cars and tracks. 

It can be a bit of a steep learning curve to get everything up and running - but Content Manager helps with that a lot, and comes highly recommended:

https://assettocorsa.club/content-manager.html

Yeah PC my dude. 

Does AC have VR support?