Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

10 hours ago, Meers said:

Had a look around for you guys...

Ah @Meers, you legend!  that was exactly what was needed.  It didn't work first time, but you lead me down the right path

I had virtual mirrors all set up in CSP, but the mirror moving app wouldn't show up.  Seems I'm not alone - I needed to also install this:  https://github.com/ac-custom-shaders-patch/acc-extension-apps  in CSP.

Then I got the option to enable the mirror app extensions in Content Manager, and then the app was available for activating in game.   

20 seconds later I could change the mirror FOV and angle them so I wasn't just staring at my rear wing!   

@davejm - Look at my mirror view now! :wub:

886189373_AssettoCorsaScreenshot2021_06.29-09_52_48_50.thumb.jpg.17dc8a66f9fa58bbba88c81d1dffed15.jpg

Awesome, @Valver! Glad I could be of some help. 😀

After my laptop's RAM upgrade, I was pleasantly surprised to see AC running at 90fps in 1440p (it was doing 60fps with the graphics settings I left it with when we started the ACC leagues). So I had a bit of headroom to increase the graphical detail (at the cost of ~20fps). Looks so much better now. 😄

1 hour ago, Valver said:

@davejm - Look at my mirror view now! :wub:

886189373_AssettoCorsaScreenshot2021_06.29-09_52_48_50.thumb.jpg.17dc8a66f9fa58bbba88c81d1dffed15.jpg

I'm a bit embarassed to ask this, but as someone who's never sampled VR in games ever, how does it work exactly? If you move your head forward, does the camera move closer to the mirror as well? Does the perspective and angle change accordingly as well, just like in real life? Can you hang outside the car if you move sideways enough, like this:

giphy.gif?w=580&crop=1&strip=all

So i.e. if you would move all the way towards the in-game mirror so that it's right in your face, would you see more of the car (and the reflected world behind you) compared to where you are in that shot? Can you adjust for blind angles? Would you see the driver's head (with the real mirrors add-on)?

So many questions!

the almighty youtube algorithm was feeding me low spec single seaters models, like the Formula Vee or the Formula Ford. They all look fun and accessible.

The problem with GT3s is that I always think im doing great until I notice my lap times are 8 secs slower than the rest

. Maybe these small cars make mistakes more obvious? 

1 hour ago, Meers said:

537029f8a7ac061d938101e550c99f9d.gif

Seriously?! That's amazing! So that's why it's so demanding on the hardware specs. :o

Now I feel like I'm missing out. :(

example showing everything you asked about:

His view when driving is a bit "bouncy" because he's also running a motion rig, so his head is getting thrown about on acceleration, braking and hard cornering.  Lucky thing 

Just now, davejm said:

it's not just an urge, I actually do it :D

Me too! :blush:

I'm always slightly let down when sitting on the grid and I look over at the driver next to me, and their head doesn't turn to look back at me...

Just now, milko said:

Does it support TrackIR? If so then yes I think that might be possible.

Both AC and ACC do. I dont use it because I find its difficult to see small movements of the car unless I keep my head perfectly still. Maybe it would work with large deadzones and just for peeking left and right.

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

Finally, it may have a use!

I hope so!

1 hour ago, milko said:

Does it support TrackIR? If so then yes I think that might be possible.

So it seems. I'm going to conduct a little investigation to see if it's worth it to use Kinect.

1 hour ago, Valver said:

example showing everything you asked about:

image.png.2ec9006e3a45cae9ffbb882d48fe2f64.png

That's amazing really. I know I sound like I just came crawling out from under a rock, but as someone who hasn't followed VR development in recent years I am amazed that it's made such a leap. I thought it was just a fancy right thumbstick (analogue look around, but fixed in-place)! Little did I know that you can actually check the glove compartment up-close! :lol:

Morning guys.  If you haven't registered for the Nordschleife cruising or Tatuus races tomorrow and are planning to, could I ask you to do so asap?  I want to reach back out to the Power Q Discord so if the events are better populated that would help.

2 hours ago, davejm said:

Morning guys.  If you haven't registered for the Nordschleife cruising or Tatuus races tomorrow and are planning to, could I ask you to do so asap?  I want to reach back out to the Power Q Discord so if the events are better populated that would help.

Just registered for both. I've not really kept up with the plan, nor practiced anything, but I'm up for it :) 

20 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

Just registered for both. I've not really kept up with the plan, nor practiced anything, but I'm up for it :) 

Cool :)  The Nordschleife event is just a cruising session (with a choice of any stock or DLC car) and the Vallelunga event is a 30 minute race (with 15 min practice and quali) in the Tatuus.

1 minute ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Registered for the cruise. I suck at AC so it'll be interesting. 

Is it easy enough to join the server? (I've not done any online in AC)

Yeah, we did a practice session on Monday and it was quite simple (it was my first time with AC online too!).  From content manager, if you go to the online tab and search for 'rllmuk' it should show up...

image.png.febac4422ff510b723f14327bcbc042a.png

A few of the guys had trouble finding the server though, so make sure you don't have any other filters applied.

On the right hand pane you should see the place to put the password, then click the join button on the bottom right.

20 minutes ago, Mr Majestyk said:

Hahah cool. Wasnt sure if it was up for practise like ACC.

Ah I thought you might have the day wrong with the two events added. 

The server will launch at the time on the event page.  The practice server we have is for ACC only.

12 hours ago, davejm said:

Yeah, we did a practice session on Monday and it was quite simple (it was my first time with AC online too!).  From content manager, if you go to the online tab and search for 'rllmuk' it should show up...

image.png.febac4422ff510b723f14327bcbc042a.png

A few of the guys had trouble finding the server though, so make sure you don't have any other filters applied.

On the right hand pane you should see the place to put the password, then click the join button on the bottom right.

For some reason typing in rllmuk didn't work for me, but c&p'ing the server name did (after 3 tries). It's a bit fiddly I must say.

image.png.d115da7e87b572250a256f097dbaedf0.png

11 hours ago, davejm said:

Ah I thought you might have the day wrong with the two events added. 

The server will launch at the time on the event page.

Yeah, in hindsight I think I used that copy link on the sgp events page and then pasted it in so probably best to do it that way.  Good shout Meers!