Assetto Corsa

Dimahoo

17 minutes ago, mrben09 said:

Im off tomorrow so will be giving it a go.

Nice one.  I've had a quick go, and I've not really driven many cars like this so I'm struggling to stop the brakes from locking up.  So will need lots of practice this week to even get the car around the track properly! 

13 hours ago, davejm said:

Don't suppose anyone's done any practice in the Tatuus @ Vallelunga?  If so, can you post your time so I have something to compare to?

I have done a couple of laps on Friday, but nothing too special (don't even think they were clean). I spent more time updating AC and Content Manager than anything else (all my settings were set to default again for some reason).

But despite having only played a couple of minutes, it was glorious. AC is still king of the sims for me, because it's so accessible and has a great mod community. :wub:

Going to set something more serious tonight.

I just took the Tatuus for a spin round Vallelunga... never driven the track before.  Never driven the car before.

After about 10 laps I was able to actually get round without falling off the circuit.  Constantly locking up the tyres under braking though, as @davejm was above.

I was improving every lap - so there's LOADS more time to be found.  But to stick a time up for everyone to beat:  1min 40s

edit:  I assume we're all racing the long version of the track? (there seem to be 3 configurations)

33 minutes ago, davejm said:

Cool, if you can make it just register for the event before it starts :)  

Oh yeah, I keep forgetting that. 😅

Done.

9 minutes ago, Valver said:

I just took the Tatuus for a spin round Vallelunga... never driven the track before.  Never driven the car before.

After about 10 laps I was able to actually get round without falling off the circuit.  Constantly locking up the tyres under braking though, as @davejm was above.

Yep, it locks up the wheels rather easily with the default setup. Try to adjust the BB a bit.

As an aside, the Formula Hybrid 2021 cars are brill...

https://racesimstudio.com/formula-hybrid-2021-released

... with this skin and driver pack...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-hybrid-2021-f1-2021-community-skin-pack.41263/

Was able to get a race going with the full 2021 F1 grid with properly liveries in minutes; so did a couple of short races and some practice laps at the Red Bull ring :)

When I tried the Tatuus on Vallelunga I noticed my front right wheel was getting substantially colder than the others, have you had this behaviour?

Spoiler

Sadly I still can not drive. I just played with a controller on the xbox in order to learn the shape of it.

Today it is my first day off crutches though. 

I'm only used to the small Vallelunga track (with the caterham mod its great fun).

43 minutes ago, davejm said:

As an aside, the Formula Hybrid 2021 cars are brill...

https://racesimstudio.com/formula-hybrid-2021-released

... with this skin and driver pack...

https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/formula-hybrid-2021-f1-2021-community-skin-pack.41263/

Was able to get a race going with the full 2021 F1 grid with properly liveries in minutes; so did a couple of short races and some practice laps at the Red Bull ring :)

Yep, got the 2018 one, they're brilliant car mods. I never bought the latest ones though.

2 minutes ago, daifuco said:

When I tried the Tatuus on Vallelunga I noticed my front right wheel was getting substantially colder than the others, have you had this behaviour?

Hide contents

Today it is my first day off crutches though. 

Yeah the front right tyre doesn't heat up as much as the others due to the clockwise direction you race in. There's more right corners than left ones, and the stiff suspension lifts the inside wheel up a bit whilst cornering. I think (I'm not a tuning expert) that softening the front suspension a bit may do the trick. Not too much though or you'll get understeer. Otherwise, adjust the camber or give it more toe angle.

Is it getting better again, mate?

Question about joining an Assetto Corsa server (I've never done it before)... do you just use the 'Online' tab in Content Manager?  Do I have to disable any mods or anything; or is Sol & Custom Shaders Patch just client side mods that can be kept enabled?

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

Question about joining an Assetto Corsa server (I've never done it before)... do you just use the 'Online' tab in Content Manager?

Yes, as far as I know it works identical to ACC.

2 minutes ago, davejm said:

Do I have to disable any mods or anything; or is Sol & Custom Shaders Patch just client side mods that can be kept enabled?

You can keep any mods as they're local. I think servers can restrict certain mods though, so it depends on the one you join. Most of the time it's mentioned in the server listings.

8 minutes ago, Meers said:

Yeah the front right tyre doesn't heat up as much as the others due to the clockwise direction you race in. There's more right corners than left ones, and the stiff suspension lifts the inside wheel up a bit whilst cornering. I think (I'm not a tuning expert) that softening the front suspension a bit may do the trick. Not too much though or you'll get understeer. Otherwise, adjust the camber or give it more toe angle.

Is it getting better again, mate?

Thanks, meds are working and crystal clusters are dissolving. Next 3 days I have to give the meds a break, crossing fingers it wont bite back.

Gout is a complicated thing. A lot of variables and unexpected outcomes. It kinda reminds me of simracing :P 

18 minutes ago, davejm said:

That was super fun, thanks guys! :)

image.png.74bfd06dc58d0c5ec9ba3f02a5a8c312.png

Why must I have to be the Dutch meat in this UK club sandwich? 🥪 😅

That was great, go karts on steroids! Discovered that my tyre pressures were off, made a massive difference when I got them right.