IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

Hi, not sure if i'm being dim or not, using unblock us to access scandi netflix and trying to watch real humans but cant get english subs on PS4 - only get offered swedish, danish, finish not english

Shame as really wanted to watch this, its the original of the prog channel 4 keep trailing a remake of

Isn't there an option on the Unblock US website to force English subtitles? I think it's next to the region selection and is called 'captioning' or something.

Don't think has been mentioned so far but Chefs table is an excellent 6 ep documentary about some of the top chefs in the world. Really insightful and interesting.

Second this. Was a really good series

I think that option is used more to turn off Spanish (or whatever) subs for English language programs. A lot of the other regions have subs on that you can't turn off in Netflix itself.

You can use it to get english subs, too.

You can use it to get english subs, too.

All I see is a 'subs on/off' option on both the mobile and full site. Obviously on English-speaking regions this wil give us English subs but on the Swedish region you'll still get Swedish subs.

You'll get whatever options are available for a given film. So when you look at the various sub options on Netflix, those are all that are available. The unblock-us subtitle option is just a big switch that either displays or hides those subs.

I'm confused by Garbaldi's post too. All I've ever seen is all subtitles on or all subtitles off, with the point of the option to be to remove hardcoded foreign subtitles. If a region doesn't already include an English subtitles option, I don't see how Unblock-US can add them.

I'm confused by Garbaldi's post too. All I've ever seen is all subtitles on or all subtitles off, with the point of the option to be to remove hardcoded foreign subtitles. If a region doesn't already include an English subtitles option, I don't see how Unblock-US can add them.

I could be mistaken, of course. What I'm basing it on is when I watched The Thing (the new one) on a foreign Netflix, and the film was in English but there were no appropriate subtitle options (has a lot more Norweigan dialogue than the original). I switched on the subtitles on Unblock US, and while it was a blunt hammer approach that subtitled everything it came in very handy. Also used it on Hell on Wheels for my hard of hearing parents. Could be it only works on English films, no idea.

Beyond Clueless, the Kickstarter-funded documentary about the late 90s teen movie boom is on UK Netflix now.

Haven't seen it, but I've heard really good things.

I started watching this at the weekend, but turned it off after about 45 mins. Instead of being a really interesting dissection of the films' effects on multiple generations, it was a plodding, clunky sixth-form essay. Most of the commentary simply explained the films in a verbose, boring way that nobody who'd seen the films would require.

If you want to see 10 synopses of teen films that you haven't seen (ruining them in the process), rather than an interesting discussion of films that you have seen, this might be for you. Super missed opportunity.

I enjoyed it but yeah, still want to see the documentary I thought it was going to be. The first few minutes were promising. Got bored of the montages. Liked the thing about Euro Trip and the closet.

Obvious Child is on there now, UK I think. Dunno if it's been mentioned or not. Anyway it's great, it's like if Juno was actually good.

First episode of new series 'Between' is well worth a watch. It's a new Netflix original series, with a new episode released every Friday.

From the synopsis (and story so far) it feels a little bit of a tribute to 'Under the Dome', where a town is sealed in together whilst strange things occur. Still early days, but its a good first episode with some strong characters developing already.

Just finished the third episode of this and I don't think it can recover. The premise is still promising, if pretty familiar, but there's no sense of tension or menace about it. Every character just feels they're having a sulk, even when taking things to dangerous extremes, and pacing has fallen through the floor as a result.

Juno is probably the most annoying film I've ever seen.

Indeed. A freight train of self-important wank, punctuated with absurd bombast.

Also, what teenage girl smokes a Sherlock Holmes-style pipe? Urgh it's such a smug film it makes me wanna vomit.

Indeed. A freight train of self-important wank, punctuated with absurd bombast.

Also, what teenage girls smokes a Sherlock Holmes-style pipe? Urgh it's such a smug film it makes me wanna vomit.

This is basically Juno in post form.