Netflix

Marlowe

21 minutes ago, Ry said:

Kurtwood is brilliant. Weller seemed like a twat on set. 

I stick by my view that Clarence Boddicker is one of the top 5 movie villains ever. Kurtwood just seems to be having a blast and his acting in the film is sublime. Really wish I saw him in bigger films. 

He's good in Patriot but nowhere near the heights of Boddicker in anything else, worst bit being a Star Trek alien literally called Anoraks. 

1 hour ago, Ry said:

Kurtwood is brilliant. Weller seemed like a twat on set. 

I stick by my view that Clarence Boddicker is one of the top 5 movie villains ever. Kurtwood just seems to be having a blast and his acting in the film is sublime. Really wish I saw him in bigger films. 

If you haven’t already, make sure you check out Dead Poet’s Society. He’s sublime in that 

On 11/10/2021 at 08:42, Gotters said:

Everybody Loves Raymond is a brilliant sitcom, which gets a snooty reaction here in the UK I think because it wasn't shown on Ch4 in the evenings but always as early morning filler, lumping it in with other dross that fills the daytime airwaves.

So many of the performances are pitch perfect, as is the writing of family relationships. It's not far off Frasier levels of quality at its best. 

I share the love for Raymond - it's massively overlooked and has some really wonderful moments - I watched it too much and avoid these days since the older cast all started dying off.   The others - The King of Queens (the characters are just mean),  Mike and Molly (endless fat jokes), Third Rock (a joke spread far too thin), Cheers (Sam as a character has not aged well) and then Frasier (amazing but it's on an endless loop).

9 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

God damn it, I was looking forward to watching the Robocop and Aliens episodes, but they sound like annoying twaddle. 

The Aliens one is annoying but has good info. The Robocop one is better.

The, I think, Paget Brewster, voiced ones are better for skne reason. Coming to America is good too.

Just watched Dave Chappelle’s The Closer. 

Heard he’d got a lot of flack from the trans community. Surprised he didn’t catch heat for the Space Jews jokes. 

Funny dude. 

On 17/10/2021 at 07:22, Fierce Poodle said:

Can’t believe You has got a third series given the amount of stuff Netflix has culled in the past with barely a second thought.

Spoiler

Series 4 incoming.

On 17/10/2021 at 22:57, curium said:

Just watched Dave Chappelle’s The Closer. 

Heard he’d got a lot of flack from the trans community. Surprised he didn’t catch heat for the Space Jews jokes. 

Funny dude. 

Watched it was well.

Had some interesting things to say and some...well ymmv. I don't think this was a patch on 8:46.

Just finished Sex Education, so so much better than I had expected. I didn't really see a drop in quality either, I just became more emotionally engaged with the characters. Perfect stuff to watch when getting over a cold anyway. It's just joyous.

"The Trip" is a really amazing black comedy they just added about a man who takes his wife away for the weekend with plans to murder her which quickly gets completely out of hand.

From the director of Nazi zombie movie Dead Snow?!

I finally finished Fullmetal Alchemist, what an amazing show!

I then started watching the 2017 Netflix movie they made of it, and I’m quite enjoying it. It’s very weird, it basically looks like a cosplay convention someone gave several million pounds to put on, but Al looks dead on, and the guy playing Hughes looks very like him too, so it’s got some lovely qualities.

On 19/10/2021 at 14:01, Unofficial Who said:

Watched it was well.

Had some interesting things to say and some...well ymmv. I don't think this was a patch on 8:46.

I think it's difficult to get through but you have to make it through to the end like a lot of his shows.  

On 16/10/2021 at 13:55, Chadruharazzeb said:

God damn it, I was looking forward to watching the Robocop and Aliens episodes, but they sound like annoying twaddle. 

The Aliens one does have Sigourney in it which is a surprise. Worth a watch just for some nice words about Bill Paxton if nothing else. A nice bit of background noise while I was working. 

4 hours ago, Stoppy2000 said:

The Aliens one does have Sigourney in it which is a surprise. Worth a watch just for some nice words about Bill Paxton if nothing else. A nice bit of background noise while I was working. 

And the Robocop episode is one of the better ones.

9 hours ago, Dr Nookie said:

Anyone watched Dark?  It’s a German scifi timetravely thing based in a remote German town with a wornout old nuclear reactor.  
I’m only 3 episodes in but starting to get rather good. 

Has its own suitably spooky website:

https://dark.netflix.io/en

Yeah, it's great - even if it did tie my brain in knots at times. There's a dedicated thread for it here:

It is definitely tough to keep track of who’s who, but it’s so worth it as the pay off is great when it all comes together. I adored it.

The casting is superb as well. You totally buy that they’re the same characters at different ages.

On 19/10/2021 at 19:56, Pete said:

Just finished Sex Education, so so much better than I had expected. I didn't really see a drop in quality either, I just became more emotionally engaged with the characters. Perfect stuff to watch when getting over a cold anyway. It's just joyous.

Same here. It didn’t feel as entertaining at the start of the season, but there’s much more depth to the characters this year and some different types of storyline. Aimee remains one of the sweetest people on the planet.