Netflix

Marlowe

1 hour ago, Art Vandelay said:

You can always go back to one and two later as once you love the characters they’re much more palatable. It’s not even like they’re stinking the place up like Parks & Recs did initially, it’s still a good show. In fact they don’t even really change anything, but it’s like a Rolls Royce bedding in after it’s first few thousand miles. After that it’s 160 episodes of pretty much unbroken greatness. 

Name most definitely checks out. 

I’ve picked up where I left off on E4 - how the hell is it in widescreen? I mean, what have they done to achieve that? Surely it’s been cropped??

Elaine especially doesn't really seem to become a fully-fleshed out character until season 3 and I'd argue she's what makes the show really work.  Jerry IS kind of annoying, and his stand up is a bit shit, and I've always felt that was the joke.

4 hours ago, GwiDan said:

It was rescanned from the original film in 4K, but in widescreen, so they’ve cropped the picture. 

This is a travesty, what even was the point.

I've tried Seinfield a few times and never got into it, it's almost like I chose Larry Sanders at the time and have it in my head not to like both I think.

Somebody really needs to get Larry Sanders up on a streaming service, I know it wouldn't do Friends/US Office numbers but can't believe its nowhere to be seen. I'll have to dig out that old hard drive I have with low quality rips from ITV2 from some torrent site 20y ago.

Anyone watched or watching Neill Blomkamps Oat Studios stuff that's on Netflix now?

Man, I'm only 2 stories (not episodes) in but it's fucking impressed me so far. Whacked out Vietnam war sci-fi, body horror, eco disaster alien invasions, satanic visitations etc. Fuck knows where it might turn next but I'm enjoying it very much, (although through my fingers at times)

Reminds me a bit of Love, Death and Robots but without the heavily animated/CGI focus, although there is obviously quite a bit of that here, but it's all played out as live action. Sections of the first one are also very reminiscent of the live action short he did for Halo too (Halo 3 I think?)

Also some decent cameos from well known faces in there as well.

I went straight to "Zygote" because it's the one I'd already watched on Youtube and it's a perfectly little miniature of an Aliens style 1980s SF-flick which stands up well on the big screen. A presmise that's really creepy and intriguing which you see just enough of to be tantalised.

I'd just like to correct myself a bit as I'm watching my way through more of these. Some of the later ones are very much in the style of Love, Death and Robots.

Loving them all so far though still except the food show one. That was bad

On 02/10/2021 at 22:09, MansizeRooster said:

All of the old Halloween films have dropped, including Halloween 3. I know what I'll be watching tonight.

Nope. 1,2,5,6 are all that’s showing for me. 

5 hours ago, jon_cybernet said:

CBF2795D-FCD0-4646-9AEA-A80D010A8597.thumb.png.0b5b247d459e98cc87fae38a29495ef6.png

Definitely on there. 

Yeah, it was on there last night - but it definitely wasnt yesterday!

It seems to be 1-5 on there now. I wonder if they will add more later on? 

On 01/10/2021 at 13:19, Dr Nookie said:

Yes it is. 
I’ve seen it all before, and I’ve got some fancy pants box set with scripts and all that that I never look at….
But I’ll be back onboard ASAP - so much good stuff in there it’s incredible. 

I never think that posting clips will ever convince a non fan to give it a go as it’s so much better when you know the characters and back stories. 
Also has a catalogue of terrific cameos like this:

Seinfeld continues to date badly.

On 01/10/2021 at 21:22, neoELITE said:

I really hate Seinfeld. It makes my flesh crawl.

I like how the clip posted tells you when to laugh because I sure as hell couldn't figure it out.