IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

4 hours ago, ZOK said:

Regardless of whether the people who had created the posts wanted them moved.

The odd post is ok but when it get to 20+ posts I'm sorry that was too much and they needed to be moved.

It's a bit of a mixed bag though, isn't it? If you come into this thread for a recommendation for what to watch on Netflix tonight, you now don't get the impassioned recommendation for those films that you would have, and instead watch, what, The Stranger (and when does that get its own thread?) Good Time now drops away fast, and discussion falls off.

Just now, Uncle Mike said:

It's a bit of a mixed bag though, isn't it? If you come into this thread for a recommendation for what to watch on Netflix tonight, you now don't get the impassioned recommendation for those films that you would have, and instead watch, what, The Stranger (and when does that get its own thread?) Good Time now drops away fast, and discussion falls off.

You would also have gotten an unspoilered description of what happens in the end of Uncut Gems. That'd be bad enough in the actual Uncut Gems thread in the week after release, but in here...?

1 hour ago, gospvg said:

The odd post is ok but when it get to 20+ posts I'm sorry that was too much and they needed to be moved.

In your unwanted opinion.

16 minutes ago, JohnC said:

You would also have gotten an unspoilered description of what happens in the end of Uncut Gems. That'd be bad enough in the actual Uncut Gems thread in the week after release, but in here...?

From who? If you are suggesting it was from me then I’m happy to post it unspoiled in both here and the Uncut Gems thread, because the only way it’s possible to read it as a fucking spoiler is if you’ve seen the fucking film.

13 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

Well, spoilers are a different beast, aren't they? People can be dicks with spoilers everywhere.

If the discussion was in the relevant thread, I’d not have seen it because I was avoiding it for that very reason. But it was posted in this thread because Zok wanted to throw a toddler tantrum to prove how right he is to use this thread instead. 

1 minute ago, ZOK said:

From who? If you are suggesting it was from me then I’m happy to post it unspoiled in both here and the Uncut Gems thread, because the only way it’s possible to read it as a fucking spoiler is if you’ve seen the fucking film.

No, it was quite obvious how the movie was going to end from what you posted. 

30 minutes ago, Uncle Mike said:

No, I think it’s important that the threads are now run to reflect the personal tastes of a ‘curator’, for whatever strange and pointless reason that might be.

8 minutes ago, JohnC said:

If the discussion was in the relevant thread, I’d not have seen it because I was avoiding it for that very reason. But it was posted in this thread because Zok wanted to throw a toddler tantrum to prove how right he is to use this thread instead. 

EDIT: Deleted, as apparently it was a little fruity.

I see that Netflix have added In This Corner of the World, which I recommend if you’re looking for some more quality anime films once you’ve watched the Ghibli ones.*

* don’t miss out on the less well-known ones, Only Yesterday and Ocean Waves, and also Castle of Cagliostro, which isn’t a Ghibli film, but was directed Miyazaki, and has a Ghibli feel.

15 hours ago, ZOK said:

No, I think it’s important that the threads are now run to reflect the personal tastes of a ‘curator’, for whatever strange and pointless reason that might be.

EDIT: Deleted, as apparently it was a little fruity.

I have no personal preference on how this thread is run, like I have said already and you seem to be ignoring is that the uncut gems & good time discussion was going on for too long with about 20+ posts both films have dedicated threads and the posters should have used those instead of the comfort of posting in a megathread.

I will continue to do the same in threads that I follow or read in film/tv, sports & gaming discussion.

The Ghibli discussion you mention has now moved to the dedicated thread because I bumped up that thread and amended the title.

If you want to continue discussing you can take it to the A&F thread.

16 hours ago, Uncle Mike said:

That discussion a few days later then becomes buried because the thread has moved on, no-one is going to go back and read the 216 pages of this thread by moving it to the thread for the title that passion will be much easier to read.

It does not take two seconds for someone to say I recommend you watch Uncut Gems & I do it’s a great film with an amazing performance by Sandler (the best of his career thus far) go read the thread.

Nah it's a fair point. I watched it because people were banging on about in this thread. If one person had said, 'watch Uncut Gems, it's great, check out the thread', I wouldn't have checked out the thread, and as a result, possibly wouldn't have watched the film.

12 minutes ago, Camel said:

Nah it's a fair point. I watched it because people were banging on about in this thread. If one person had said, 'watch Uncut Gems, it's great, check out the thread', I wouldn't have checked out the thread, and as a result, possibly wouldn't have watched the film.

Is the film good?

2 hours ago, gospvg said:

I have no personal preference on how this thread is run, like I have said already and you seem to be ignoring is that the uncut gems & good time discussion was going on for too long with about 20+ posts both films have dedicated threads and the posters should have used those instead of the comfort of posting in a megathread.

I will continue to do the same in threads that I follow or read in film/tv, sports & gaming discussion.

The Ghibli discussion you mention has now moved to the dedicated thread because I bumped up that thread and amended the title.

If you want to continue discussing you can take it to the A&F thread.

Quite a stunning lack of self-awareness going in your post there, @gospvg.

If people want to post in topic specific threads, that’s where they will post - it’s really as simple as that.

If people ask you to move their posts for them, it’s fair enough - if they don’t, you should mind your own business.

Unless, of course, you now think this is the gospvgforum rather than rllmukforum, which I admit does very much seem to be the case.

I've never seen anyone have a problem with having their posts moved to a more specific thread, @ZOK, except you here. Is this part of your internet schtick of being always right? It's a little tiresome when taken to this extreme, frankly. And if it's not playing to part of your persona it's pretty self-important.

53 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I've never seen anyone have a problem with having their posts moved to a more specific thread, @ZOK, except you here. Is this part of your internet schtick of being always right? It's a little tiresome when taken to this extreme, frankly. And if it's not playing to part of your persona it's pretty self-important.

That’s both needlessly insulting and rude, especially coming from a supposed moderator. 

It’s really very simple - if I, or anyone else, posts in this thread, it’s because I, or anyone else, wants to discuss things in this thread. If I want my posts moved, I’ll ask for it.

What I personally absolutely do not want is for someone to take it upon themselves to subsequently split a conversation across three threads, consequently making a nonsense of it, because they’ve got an extra set of buttons they can’t resist touching and need a self-justification for doing so.

If the committee think this idea of ‘curators’ isn’t as obviously flawed as it clearly is (and the hoohah with the Sekiro stuff should have illustrated that quite clearly) then perhaps they can have a word with the individuals concerned and point out they should be moving stuff by request only.

22 minutes ago, ZOK said:

That’s both needlessly insulting and rude, especially coming from a supposed moderator. 

It’s really very simple - if I, or anyone else, posts in this thread, it’s because I, or anyone else, wants to discuss things in this thread. If I want my posts moved, I’ll ask for it.

What I personally absolutely do not want is for someone to take it upon themselves to subsequently split a conversation across three threads, consequently making a nonsense of it, because they’ve got an extra set of buttons they can’t resist touching and need a self-justification for doing so.

If the committee think this idea of ‘curators’ isn’t as obviously flawed as it clearly is (and the hoohah with the Sekiro stuff should have illustrated that quite clearly) then perhaps they can have a word with the individuals concerned and point out they should be moving stuff by request only.

I do see your point of view. It's just your framing of a guy as some power-hungry maniac when from his perspective he is trying to kindle discussion in what can be a rather moribund corner of the forum doesn’t sit well with me. The notion you have of the location of your posts being so sacrosanct is the thing I wanted to flag as rather untypical to gosvpg, who is perhaps feeling a little put upon given his last post. Most people just aren't that bothered. You have made it more than clear you are, which is your perogative, of course. So perhaps calling you self-important was a little rude, and for that I apologise.

And in penance to the derail, I will do an actual Netflix recommendation. A qualified one however - Spectral. Even though it is a Netflix original they seem strangely reticent about it, I only found it through a genre search on Justwatch and had to type it in specifically on Netflix.

Story is, there's a war in Moldova, the US versus Russian backed insurgents, but it turns out there are these also strange spectral beings that can only be seen through special cameras, and they are able to kill at will.. Enter our heroes, who have to figure out what the hell is going on, and how to combat these strange creatures.

It's very endearingly stupid, like Call of Duty meets Ghostbusters. Very high production values, though in truth it sort of wastes a very good premise.

8 minutes ago, SozzlyJoe said:

I do see your point of view. It's just your framing of a guy as some power-hungry maniac when from his perspective he is trying to kindle discussion in what can be a rather moribund corner of the forum doesn’t sit well with me. The notion you have of the location of your posts being so sacrosanct is the thing I wanted to flag as rather untypical to gosvpg, who is perhaps feeling a little put upon given his last post. Most people just aren't that bothered. You have made it more than clear you are, which is your perogative, of course. So perhaps calling you self-important was a little rude, and for that I apologise.

Thank you.

I don’t think I’m framing @gospvg as a power hungry maniac. I have certainly been framing him as being a busybody, which is also unnecessary, and so for that I also apologise.