IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

so I've finished my less than a week binge of Making a Murderer - I think its probably the best original programme I've seen this year and I think its going to sit with me a long time after finishing it, incredibly thought provoking.

Much like Adnan in Serial I don't believe its a simple guilty or innocent, there are large parts of this story missing. Plus despite the lengthy 10h runtime there is little background on the clearly weird as hell Avery clan and their compound.

No way did the vile DA and his cohorts prove he was guilty, and how it happened. The evidence seems so flimsy and incomplete, Brendon's story is clearly shite, or contradictory and unreliable at best, and so little of the 'evidence' stacks up and proves anything. The defence don't have to prove who did it if Avery didn't, and seemed to poke so many holes in the case that simply got ignored or set aside.

Brendan is even harder to call, he's clearly simple and I'm not sure again how they had enough to prosecute him and deny him any form of retrial or appeal

So many loose threads and things to discuss about this, like a say a thoroughly brilliant and thought provoking documentary

!

Sorry but seems quickest place to ask.gone to parents house and need a quick easy way to get us Netflix on Firefox

At home I use media hint plugin that does it automatically but that seems to need accounts and all sorts now.

Thanks

Gone Girl is tedious & formulaic for the first 45 / 60 minutes, then turns into something quite unexpected & I actually ended up enjoying loads more than I thought I would.

See also, Interstellar which again has a real predictable start & is looking like it's going to be rubbish, then it slowly turns things around & the last 30 minutes are absolutely amazing.

I would say the complete opposite for Gone Girl. The first act is the most interesting and has the most intriguing ambiguity before the plot and backstory is heavily laid on. The conclusion still is that it's worth watching though!

Tomorrowland is on Netflix Canada. I've not saw it yet but will give it a shot.

Watched it last night, it was OK, just thought the story was a bit vague, although that might be cause I want concentrating on it. Good idea though.

The best bit was in the house, I'd of loved that sort of stuff as a kid!

71 is on Netflix Canada.

I really liked this. Has a great John Carpenter vibe off it.

I watched a live Q&A stream of this featuring the editor, Chris Wyatt (This is England, Dead Man's Shoes) and he said the same thing about Carpenter.

I was suprised by just how tense this film was. Pulls absolutely no punches whatsoever. Think Behind Enemy Lines but without the jingoism and all-round naffness.

I watched Housebound last night on UK Netflix. A fun and charming horror-comedy from New Zealand which although similar in tone to some of Peter Jackson's early films is very much its own thing. A young woman who is a bit of an arsehole (played by someone from Neighbours) is sentenced to live with her mum and stepdad under house arrest for eight months in a creepy house in rural New Zealand. The mum thinks the house may be haunted...

The story took some unexpected twists, the balance of horror and comedy was well-judged and it has some decent gore. worth a watch.