IGNORED

Netflix

Marlowe

Yeah, Battlestar has taken a bit of a nose dive, as many had warned, part way through the third series.

All of the tense "what will happen to them next" stuff has been replaced with episodes about racist doctors, poor working conditions in the fleet and when is Adama finally getting it on with President Roslin. The Cylon threat is a distant memory.

Still, I'm invested enough with the characters to see this through to the end.

Yeah, Battlestar has taken a bit of a nose dive, as many had warned, part way through the third series.

All of the tense "what will happen to them next" stuff has been replaced with episodes about racist doctors, poor working conditions in the fleet and when is Adama finally getting it on with President Roslin. The Cylon threat is a distant memory.

Still, I'm invested enough with the characters to see this through to the end.

You poor bastard - it gets so much worse.

The 1986 version of Invaders From Mars is on U.K. Netflix. Probably only worth watching if, like me, you can watch it from behind an impenetrable wall of nostalgia.

Edit: this is really bad, even with my rose tinted spectacles set to maximum rose. The kid who's the main character might be the worst actor I've ever seen.

Finished the Netflix remake of The Returned last night. It was complete and utter bobbins, easily the worst T.V show I've watched on there and I forced my way through the last few series of Dexter. Avoid like the plague.

Just an FYI (as I was reminded about it in another thread).

I didn't realise this until I was looking through my account details a while ago, but 4K streaming isn't available to you unless you are paying the higher rate of £8.99 a month.

I've been a member for a few years now and the only rate that was available at the time was the £5.99 rate, which currently lets you stream a max of 1080P.

It's not an issue for me as I don't have a 4K telly (and wouldn't really know if it would be particularly noticeable that you are watching a 1080P stream and not a 4K one if you have a 4K telly), but thought others might not be aware as I wasn't.

Quite a few of the Netflix originals series are in 4k. Recently got a new 4k TV so upgraded to check it out. You can appreciate its a higher res/sharper picture but prob need a 55" or more screen to really get the benefit.

The £8.99 sub allows you to watch on 4 screens so still worth it if that's a consideration.

I have a 49" Sony 4k telly, tried ultra HD on nexflix and couldn't really see the difference. I think the telly upscales most things so that might be a factor but, for the size of my TV and the distance I sit away from it (about 8ft) it simply wasn't worth it.

Edit: I should say either way it was a fantastic picture

The 1986 version of Invaders From Mars is on U.K. Netflix. Probably only worth watching if, like me, you can watch it from behind an impenetrable wall of nostalgia.

Edit: this is really bad, even with my rose tinted spectacles set to maximum rose. The kid who's the main character might be the worst actor I've ever seen.

That film scared the fucking crap out of me as a kid. Something to do with frogs, if I remember right.

I have a 49" Sony 4k telly, tried ultra HD on nexflix and couldn't really see the difference. I think the telly upscales most things so that might be a factor but, for the size of my TV and the distance I sit away from it (about 8ft) it simply wasn't worth it.

Edit: I should say either way it was a fantastic picture

That's because the bitrate is total shit/you're using an LCD.